Very nice, and extremely creative parts-wise. I'd just like to note that your mantis seems to be missing its tarsi (basically, if the blades are the palms of the hand, the tarsi are like a single finger placed halfway on the palm). Also, the venomous mouthparts of a centipede are not mandibles; they're maxillae, essentially modified legs. The centipede seems somewhat plain compared to the others, though. Maybe you could build little baby centipedes to accompany it? Centipedes are known to display a remarkable degree of maternal care, after all.

Oh, and centipedes are remipedes, not insects.

Edited by DraikNova

Very nice, and extremely creative parts-wise. I'd just like to note that your mantis seems to be missing its tarsi (basically, if the blades are the palms of the hand, the tarsi are like a single finger placed halfway on the palm). Also, the venomous mouthparts of a centipede are not mandibles; they're maxillae, essentially modified legs. The centipede seems somewhat plain compared to the others, though. Maybe you could build little baby centipedes to accompany it? Centipedes are known to display a remarkable degree of maternal care, after all.

Oh, and centipedes are remipedes, not insects.

Stupid really, I should have realised they weren't insects - more than six legs, after all. The mantis isn't 100% accurate because of the scale, though. I'll edit the update with your extra information :) I actually know next to nothing about insects, all the information I get is from Wikipedia and other probably unreliable sources. I'll see what I can do with the centipede. Thanks!

The centipede is probably as good as you can get at that scale, which is to say, approximately 1:1 scale. Maybe you could make the antennae brightly-colored? Some real ones look pretty much like your model, but with the front few segments being entirely red.

Anyway, if you ever want to hear someone blather on about insects or other arthropods, you can come to me :classic:.

Yeah, these are all super cool, the wasp and beetle being my personal favorites. You've got my support on the Ideas project!

Yeah, these are all super cool, the wasp and beetle being my personal favorites. You've got my support on the Ideas project!

Aww thanks Djok c:

The centipede is probably as good as you can get at that scale, which is to say, approximately 1:1 scale. Maybe you could make the antennae brightly-colored? Some real ones look pretty much like your model, but with the front few segments being entirely red.

Anyway, if you ever want to hear someone blather on about insects or other arthropods, you can come to me :classic:.

Yup, if I ever need advice with insects I'll come to you! I'll see what happens with the centipede, whether or not I have any red poles.

These are really cool, awesome and use creative techniques. That said some of those techniques are also illegal and it would give the project better change of getting trough if they were addressed beforehand