Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

Picture Review: Chameleon Hunter

So I made my first trip to a Lego store today and picked out a couple of new sets, including the Chameleon Hunter. This was my most-looked-forward-to new EF set as I love green *wub* It was a great little set as you'll see X-D

Name: Chameleon Hunter

Set Number: 8114

Price: 14.99USD

Number of Pieces: 188

First off, the box:

ef080001.jpg

Different than previous EF sets, a 3D effect is created by layering two detailed cardboard sides. Standard besides that though.

Some new parts:

ef080002.jpg

Really like them, can't wait to get those cheesegrater pieces in dark bley X-D Red swords are always nice...

But wait, this piece...

ef080003.jpg

Is it two-toned?

Uh oh...

ef080004.jpg

Half of it is crappy bendable plastic? |-/ That's a disappointment...

Anyway, onto the set! Well at least the instructions:

ef080005.jpg

Parts list:

ef080006.jpg

Error:

ef080007.jpg

Stickers:

ef080018.jpg

Fig:

ef080008.jpg

I'm loving this torso. Same two-sided face, and same hair that doesn't cover the back face entirely

Minibot:

ef080016.jpg

ef080017.jpg

I love this thing :-$ It's so awesome, great articulation, and it's cute!

Chameleon hunter front view:

ef080009.jpg

This thing is awesome. Great poses are possible, and it looks menacing! (and it's green :-$ ). Okay, this might be the second-ever EF set I keep together...next to the Supernova.

Left arm with laser and clawgrip:

ef080010.jpg

Right arm with minibot and flamethrower:

ef080012.jpg

Without minibot:

ef080015.jpg

Shoulder-mounted missiles:

ef080011.jpg

Cockpit swung open:

ef080014.jpg

No controls...

Back:

ef080013.jpg

Uh oh, his bum is exposed :-$ Not a very nice idea

I really love this thing, despite the pointy spikes being rubber :-( Great cockpit (for the most part), love the look, and great colorscheme X-D

Price: 10

Fig(s): 8

Parts: 8

Playability: 9

Swooshability: 9

Asthetics: 7

Overall: 51/60

very nice, but i was going to review this! oh well you saved me work X-D . plus i don't have this set yet :-| (getting it for the holidays, along with some other sets.)

plus one thing, isn't the trans-clear cheese tile on the first picture in some '07 sets?

nevertheless great review as always

thanks *y*

Edited by ricecracker

Thanks so much for the review! I love the pics and poses you've got going on here!

Wow, this set looks great! Before, I was skeptical about it, especially how the shoulders would look, but it seems that's not an issue anymore! I'm really loving how you posed the minibot so that it's not so obvious that there's actually a robot strapped to its arm. I'm also surprised the arm without the minibot looks so good too! Though I wasn't going to buy this, I might just cave in! Thanks again for the review!

before this looked like it was going to be my favorite set from this line but I dont appreciate all those openings, it kind of defeats the purpose of the new cockpit design at least IMO. The minirobot looks excellent and you get alot of interesting pieces for a good price (I would've given it a rating of 10 in the parts department) Thanks for the review 4j

Yay! I wasn't going to get this set, but this review has bumped it up to my #2 set to get, after the Dark Panther.

I'm loving the new torso.

That box is 8-

Thanks for the review StarWars4J! :'-) You're going to keep it together? Now thats recomendation! You've sold me on this one, though I agree with Mr. Mandalorian in saying that I will get Dark Panther first.

I love this set, at first it looked to me like it would be all spikes and little articulation or movement, but now I see it as a great set that for me is a must buy! *wub*

I need those red scythes too, and those cool spike peices and grills and exausts. I'm loving the new cockpit design, and that minibot is *y*

Thanks again!

Clearly Batbrick's mind has turned to mush! *wacko*

Edited by Batbrick

I love this set!...With that said, I was really looking forward to getting this one, now I know it's a good set to get.

Looks like Badger gave you some inspiration eh?

*knight*

Thank you for that neat review, Starwars4J! *y*

I guess this is my favorite new EF set as well, a great cockpit, a lovely color scheme

and some decent (minirobot)weaponry....

I really like how TLC captured the exotic look of some tropical orchids, a very good

revival of that line indeed! :'-)

And it

very nice, but i was going to review this! oh well you saved me work X-D . plus i don't have this set yet :-| (getting it for the holidays, along with some other sets.)

plus one thing, isn't the trans-clear cheese tile on the first picture in some '07 sets?

nevertheless great review as always

thanks *y*

You can still do a review if you want :-P and yeah, those transclear cheese slopes may have appeared before, but they're still a nice, interesting part to me

Thanks so much for the review! I love the pics and poses you've got going on here!

Wow, this set looks great! Before, I was skeptical about it, especially how the shoulders would look, but it seems that's not an issue anymore! I'm really loving how you posed the minibot so that it's not so obvious that there's actually a robot strapped to its arm. I'm also surprised the arm without the minibot looks so good too! Though I wasn't going to buy this, I might just cave in! Thanks again for the review!

The minibot is really what sells this to me, it's quite a clever design *y*

before this looked like it was going to be my favorite set from this line but I dont appreciate all those openings, it kind of defeats the purpose of the new cockpit design at least IMO. The minirobot looks excellent and you get alot of interesting pieces for a good price (I would've given it a rating of 10 in the parts department) Thanks for the review 4j

Yeah, the openings can be easily closed though :-P As for an 8 in the parts, I was disappointed in those spikes...a lot. Also some more of those new cheesegrater wedges would have been appreciated (and in bley, rather than ALL limegreen), but eh. 8/10 isn't bad ;-)

Looks like Badger gave you some inspiration eh?

*knight*

A little X-D

NO!!!!! i was about to put my review up. darn it!

______

OOH! Please do Smith_Boy! I love to see other reviewers opinions on sets, and different pictures in different lighting! *sweet*

Clearly Batbrick's mind has turned to mush! *wacko*

Looks like the only set left to be reviewed is the Assault Tiger, which is the review I've been waiting for the longest! Anyway, I *wub* this set, and will most likely be adding it to my collection.

Awesome review SW4J!! *wub* Thanks for posting it. I love this set. I have wanted to grab it but my TRU only has the Assault Tiger. Maybe I'll review it soon. I want to write my comic instead, though...I love the way the "face" is built with the hinge brick and the sloping 1 x 1 tiles. It looks like a preying mantis. I think this is a very cool mini-bot too. Too bad about his bum, but that easy to customize. Probably the coolest EF cockpit I've seen so far.

Dark bley cheese graters are in the 8113 Assault Tiger and the 8118 Hybrid Tank. Was the white torso everything you dreamed it would be? *sweet*

Thanks again, buddy! Great review! *sweet*

It looks like Exo-Force is going to be much better this year. I love the new gimick! The light bricks of the first batch were limited, and the shooters of the second were annoying. But the robots are all cool. *wub* I haven't decided what is my favourte yet, but at this stage I think it could be the spider one, and this would be my second... Thanks for a great review Starwars4J *sweet* .

Thanks for sharing, Starwars4J *y*

I think this one is my fav Human BattleMachine for this year, and my fav Human vehicle after the HybridTank *wub*

The only con I see is the gap behind Hikaru's back. A shot there will be a very bad experiance X-D ;-)

LuxorV

Im still waiting for any review on the assult tiger, the only set im actually interested in of the line :'-)

However, this does look nice and all, the rubber two toned things dont suit me though. Ick. Green isnt my color either, but the new cockpit styles do look nice.

Thank you for the nice review. I think this set is good for parts, all the new parts I have not got! And the green colour is very nice too.

Im still waiting for any review on the assult tiger, the only set im actually interested in of the line :'-)

However, this does look nice and all, the rubber two toned things dont suit me though. Ick. Green isnt my color either, but the new cockpit styles do look nice.

That's the only one I'm waiting for too.

*sweet*

4J, can you take a picure of the box from a different angle? I'm kind of curious on their new boxes.

Will