LucByard

Blacktron landing pad

Currently in the WIP phase. I'm about four months in and recently put everything together to see how it's going so far.

26167595336_928e73a43b.jpg

I'm currently trying to finalise the design for the edging below the perimeter walkway and the corner sections that will cover the gap between the perimeter sections.

Awesome. Been watching the WIP shots on flickr. I believe the supports are sprung, am I right? Do you have an equally impressive ship to land on the platform?

I believe the supports are sprung, am I right? Do you have an equally impressive ship to land on the platform?

Thanks for watching. The design incorporates a shock absorber but each one uses 4 springs and I don't have enough at the moment so the design currently uses a solid mock that can be swapped out when I get them.

My ship is currently in a showcase booth, I'm hoping to get it back next week.

25144358305_5e57192ee6.jpg

Looks good, I especially like the seamless hexagon configuration.

Is this for a show or "just for fun?"

Is this for a show or "just for fun?"

I'll be displaying it at Bricktastic in Manchester in July. I still need to decide where to take it after that.

27072005782_26c0268b9e.jpg

Done the corner sections and got my ship back. I'm in that phase of the build when I do lots of work and nothing seems to have changed which is a bit demoralising so I just need to slog through the finishing touches and the terrain details.

Edited by LucByard

I love how this matches the style of the landing pad baseplate, as well as the brick-built Blacktron logo in the middle. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

It is really neat to see this build come together. The size is very impressive. You really have managed to keep the style of the blackron2 well while still giving it a newer look. Every part of this is great! Keep up the good work!

Great build! Would love to see larger pics so I can look at the details more closely. Got Flickr?

Great landing pad! I really like the supporting pylons of the pad, among all the details you included on it!

This just keeps getting better. I can't wait to see it when its finished :wub:

Incidentally, how did I miss that you finally joined EB? I expect you to sign up for MANTIS any day now :grin:

This just keeps getting better. I can't wait to see it when its finished :wub:

Incidentally, how did I miss that you finally joined EB? I expect you to sign up for MANTIS any day now :grin:

It'll be at Bricktastic and it's good to go save for a few cosmetic greebles now I've finished the terrain:

27071550840_f6f898fc2b.jpg

I've also done this:

27214923182_59b5de6ae2.jpg

Because letting strange children near my intricate work can't possibly go wrong.

I'll have a look AG but I can't commit to building regularly for it. If I change the 'B' to an 'M' would this count? : D

Very awesome landing pad! Any plans for any ground vehicles or work crews on the terrain under the pad?

This is an awesome creation and every update makes it look better! Can't wait to see final shots of it all together!

Thanks Megagan.

Any plans for any ground vehicles or work crews on the terrain under the pad?

Something like that. I've got some ideas and some technical hurdles to overcome though.

LucByard,

Massive, solid and designed from the ground to fulfill its intended purpose: land small space faring vessels and transports. (Not quite big enough for the bigger stuff.) I love all the detailing and aesthetics. As I can not see clearly from the pictures, what does the lettering in the four quadrants say?

Truly worthy of any Blacktron II installation.

Com: >Pad control, requesting permission to land.<

Pad Control: "Pad is occupied... Who is this?"

Com: >No, its not. Tell 'em the commander is in a hurry and he is not in a friendly mood."

Pad Control: "... P, Pad is free."

Com: >Thank you. ... Oh, and he says your pension survives another day. Out<

Pad Control: ...

3D LEGO