Richpepperell

Display stands - anyone tried these?

Whilst browsing eBay for a bargain mint in box cloud city (couldn't seem to find one today), I came across these stands which look pretty sweet. Here's an example one, although a wide range are available https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/141869879874

The stands themselves aren't that pricey, but obviously the postage from Australia is pretty hefty. I was wondering if anyone had tried them and thought they were worth the money.

I own a couple of them, including the one for Poe's X-wing. This seller popped up last year and they have been selling like crazy. The quality/workmanship is top notch and they look amazing, particularly with the laser etched graphics. I live in Australia but even so postage is also almost the same as the cost of the stand. If there are several you are interested in then I would contact them to get a combined shipping quote.

I have a few and they're pretty good. The maker is a really good guy and quite willing to take suggestions or even special orders. I think he was thinking of doing some about 10 degrees off the horizontal too so that ships could look like they were flying up or down. I've used them to display all sorts of sets for things like dragons or even boats to oretnd sharks are in water below them rather than at sea level. I think I've just convinced myself to buy some more.

I've got a bunch of these and they're great I love them. Highly recommended.

The seller is very open to custom designs too, I've seen a few (non-star wars related) and they're amazing.

Well worth the money IMHO, even if the postage is somewhat prohibitive. Unfortunately that's Australia Post's fault, not the seller...