After captain Ben D'Anvers sailed a few times back and forwarth to the Viking settlement and right before his ship sunk (that bloody idiot...), he managed to improve the relationship with the Viking Tribe to a level of trust, so an alliance was made. Part of the deal is that MAESTRO teaches the Vikings how to handle guns and rifles. In exchange, MAESTRO has now a compagny of Viking soldiers.

Back in Elysabethtown, Lord Tomvaximus decided the best spot for the new fort would be across the entrance of the bay, so the ships in the bay could easily be defended against raiders.

26117210661_9be6454375_b.jpg

I hereby present Fort Viking

26117253251_4d8ab78c59_c.jpg

26183359335_a90e7da9cb_c.jpg

-----

Pfiew, just in time normally :D

Anyway, C&C welcome :)

Edited by Maxim I

That is a lot of guns crammed into a rather small fort! Looks very imposing.

However, I hope this picture is painted during high tide, otherwise the powder will be wet when the tide rises! pirate_tong.gif

I like how it is built into the cliff, and I am happy to see you haven't abandoned the Viking survivors! Great to see them back! pirate_laugh2.gif

Nice idea with the rediscovery of the Vikings, this could so easily have happened in our world with the Viking settlement of Newfoundland.

Really nice build as well, that is a mighty fort with a most impressive armament, and I love all those Eslandolan uniforms.

But that big wooden tower won't survive long in the age of ship artillery, and the splinters will shred those lovely uniforms in no time!

You've really captured the imposingly powerful look with all those cannons, Maxim, and the crows' nests all over are really neat as well! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gif Those (now) Eslandolan vikings are really cool too!

An yes, you really cut it close with this one! pirate_laugh2.gif

Very cool fort, and I Love the continjation of the viking-story!

I like the fort and the extensive details put into it. It definitely could be well defended from any angle. I also enjoy that the vikings have not been forgotten. I am sure they could be some fierce warriors!

Nicely armed wooden fort. I think it is good place for the new recruits to get their feet wet and learn Viking combat. :classic: