Sign in to follow this  
AardWolf

Ernagh's Exotic Edible Economic Experiment

First off, I'd like to say that I need to carve out some more time to get on Eurobricks. It's a great site with a ton of great builders and I should make more time to comment. I've been very busy with life, but I managed to finally finish a large build I've been working on. Here it is. It's a beast, packing a full Power Functions battery case and lighting inside the house, with on/off switch accessible through a slide-out panel in the back wall. That panel is also built to blend right in with the rest of the wall, so as not to affect the look of the house from the back side. The house itself is very sturdy, and most of the walls are several studs thick. There's an internal truss as well that supports the overhanging area and connects it to the far wall.

I have no idea how many total bricks are involved here, but I'll put it to you this way: the roof alone involves about 2,000 pieces, each black-trunked tree involves about 300 parts, and the ground across the front half of the MOC is built completely from 1x2 and 1x1 bricks. That's right, besides the pond, there are 0 plates involved in ground in the entire front half of this build. I've had a couple of requests for roof and tree tutorials, so I'll post those as soon as I can. The roof is really based on Luke Watkins' design in his "Where the Wild Things Are," but altered to remove the seams between net sections and to accommodate a window cutout.

Also, if you're sharp-eyed enough, you can spot:

A fishing rod

A flesh-colored head

4 rotten bananas

2 Series 12 Huns' cloaks

A small train wheel

7 assemblies that use minifig hands

14 nets

A mischievous cat

25877498460_10d32e0b73_b.jpg

26150371875_fca53a72ba_b.jpg

25877497040_894ee9bebf_b.jpg

As always, check out more pictures and the story on Flickr!

I like the house especially the roof! The landscaping looks great and so do the plants!

Thank you very much!

Saw this earlier today on Flickr. Love the foliage and the colors.

I appreciate that! I've been wanting to do a MOC with dark colors and this seemed like a great time.

Marvelous! The roof steals the show here!

Thank you very much!

An impressive Medieval house near a swamp, just for Maleficent

I appreciate that!

Amazing! :classic:

Thank you!

Fantastic, awesome and amazing!

Thanks so much!

All sides of this beautiful house are great !!! And the roof is awesome :thumbup:

I definitely prefer making 360-degree viewable MOCs - It's just so much more satisfying that way. And you know what, with how my LEGO area is set up, I actually couldn't see the back of this thing straight on until I took the pictures. For not having a good look, I'm pumped about how it turned out.

This house looks fantastic. I wasn't sure what to expect from that thread title, but I was pleasantly surprised. The stone work and roof are very nicely done. I also love the detailing of the plants. I've never really been a fan of that tree style, but it looks good here.

Great job!

I definitely prefer making 360-degree viewable MOCs - It's just so much more satisfying that way. And you know what, with how my LEGO area is set up, I actually couldn't see the back of this thing straight on until I took the pictures. For not having a good look, I'm pumped about how it turned out.

Do you also make the interiors viewable?

I beseech thee, good sir... show us unworthy people how to build such a roof as thine. Screw Old English, that is one awesome build! Excellent!

Thank you very much! I will certainly post a tutorial, just as soon as I can get the time! (My wife and I just bought a new house, so we're working hard on that right now)

This house looks fantastic. I wasn't sure what to expect from that thread title, but I was pleasantly surprised. The stone work and roof are very nicely done. I also love the detailing of the plants. I've never really been a fan of that tree style, but it looks good here.

Great job!

Do you also make the interiors viewable?

Thanks so much - I'm glad you like it!

The interior of this house is not viewable, since I decided to go with the Power Functions lighting instead. So, inside this particular MOC you'll find only a big Power Functions battery box and a frame that makes the whole house quite sturdy. I have done interiors in many of my builds, however, such as these, which also feature some mechanical moving parts:

23740855842_4499fc1352_m.jpg

23950064456_0168fae9d3_m.jpg

Wow, would you look at that! Incredible work AW (hope you don't me shortening your name, it seems to be customary on EB!), this is one heck of an eye-catcher! You have such an incredible eye for detail. Not only is the build wonderful overall, but you've paid such close attention to the little details too. The roof and trees are particularly amazing... How long did it take to build those trees??

I could go on and on about this gem, but I'd rather go back to looking at it! :grin:

Hope we can convince you to join GoH, I think you would be extremely well-welcomed! (You can cross build between GoH and LoR too!) Between this and your other fantastic builds, you are a MOC expert for sure!

Beautiful shaping, oh my god!

Thank you very much!

Me gusta!

Thank you!

Aaron, this is build is just amazing. The house, the roof, the trees--everything! Great work, man. :wub:

Thanks Graham- much appreciated! :thumbup:

Wow, would you look at that! Incredible work AW (hope you don't me shortening your name, it seems to be customary on EB!), this is one heck of an eye-catcher! You have such an incredible eye for detail. Not only is the build wonderful overall, but you've paid such close attention to the little details too. The roof and trees are particularly amazing... How long did it take to build those trees??

I could go on and on about this gem, but I'd rather go back to looking at it! :grin:

Hope we can convince you to join GoH, I think you would be extremely well-welcomed! (You can cross build between GoH and LoR too!) Between this and your other fantastic builds, you are a MOC expert for sure!

Thank you Patrick! I've been a fan of your builds for quite some time, so it's great to get your feedback. Yes, it's totally fine to shorten the name too haha.

Those trees each probably took an hour to build and perfect. As I've mentioned, when I get the chance I'll post a tutorial, so it'll be evident how long they take. I'm probably not the fastest builder, though.

I have thought about joining GoH and I would certainly like to. Right now is a really bad time, as my wife and I just bought a house that we're fixing up, and I have finals coming up in a few weeks (I'm going back to school). Sometime in the future though!

Incredible MOC! The shaping of the building, the roof and the trees all combine to make an excellent MOC. I feel like the vegetation needs to be thicker in some places though.

*oh2*

That looks really good. :thumbup:

The colors and the surroundings are really nice.

The shape of the house is stunning.

Great built :thumbup:

Fabulous build. It makes wonderful use of the flexible roof technique, and the light up effect is marvelous :thumbup:

When you do join GoH, be sure to join Mitgardia :grin: