Sign in to follow this  
Saberwing40k

Lego Technic Prototypes on Ebay? #April Fools

Okay, this is something different. If anyone remembers, 42000 was leaked on Ebay a couple of months before the set was actually released. Well, something similar has happened. I was browsing on Ebay earlier today, and I came across an auction for a lot of Lego Technic vehicles that the seller claimed to be prototypes for the 2017 lineup. This is given credence due to the fact that pretty much every model had some parts in colors that are not currently available, or have new pieces. At this point in time, it is unknown how this fellow got his hands on them, whether they were stolen, or sent to him by mistake. I downloaded the pictures, because the auction was taken down not 10 minutes after I checked it out. My phone is out of batteries, and is not really useable while charging, so I can't upload pictures quite yet, so for now, have some descriptions. The auction consisted of four vehicles, which I will detail below.

#1, Forklift.

The first vehicle was a forklift, maybe a little bit bigger than the one Mahjqa recently posted, but the machine is yellow, and all functions appear to be manual. The lifting of the forks seems to be done by using the 1x11 pneumatic cylinders, but on this model the cylinders are black, and not yellow. There also appears to be a pneumatic tank piece on the back, standing in for a propane tank. I can't tell if this is a new piece or not, it does appear to be a bit smaller than the old tank, and appears to be light bluish gray. There is also a black pump beside the tank, probably the same one used on 42053. Also in the picture was a pallet made out of tan plates, with some kind of brick built equipment on top. Functions are unknown for sure, but it has at least 3 valves, so it has to have at least steering, fork raising, and fork tilt.

The second model is much, much larger, being a six wheeled motor grader, again in yellow. It is a medium set, but the cab is small, indicating it is meant to be large. There is a mix of black and yellow pneumatic cylinders, and the blade appears to be made out of some kind of new curved part, like the 3x11 curved panel, but like 4 or 5 studs wide. The tires also appear to be new, like the tires on the Unimog, but smaller.There also appears to be a PF battery box on the back, just ahead of where the engine would be, so there is probably a motorized compressor in there somewhere. There is also a large number of valves, at least three on each side, so there are therefore at least six functions. There also appear to be two knobs on the cab, possibly for front axle and articulated steering.

The third model is... Well, I'm not quite sure what it is. It appears to be some kind of spaceplane, given that it what appear to be rocket boosters, although it does not resemble any current spacecraft. What we probably have here is something like 42038, where the set looks plausible, but ultimately is a nonesuch. The set is almost but not quite like a B-1 Lancer,, with a long nose, and swept wings. At the rear are three engines, which are side by side in a row, and above them a split tail. I'm not sure if the engine bell nozzles are new parts or not, but they appear to be new. The model is black and white, and is the only one out of the lot with any stickers, which look rather crude. Under the cockpit is "Orion", and under the tail fin "42067", which we can presume is the set's number. There appear to be new parts that act as the payload bay doors, although sadly the seller did not open them. As for functions, there are two yellow levers on either side, just behind the cockpit, function unknown, as well as a bevel gear on each side, which might connect to a switch. Just in front of the tail is a joystick, similar to 42025, with another yellow lever ahead of that, which might control the rudder. The set appears to be roughly on the level of 42025, but may have some pneumatic functions, as there are some hoses protruding out the underside. All of these models had some weird areas that looked like they came apart due to rough handling. In addition, this set has the new L shaped panels in white, just behind the cockpit. As well, the model has some new panels in the nose, of uncertain dimensions.

The final model was by far the biggest, and is the only one that I can definitively identify, a Gottwald AK-912 crane. It has ten axles, using the wheels of 42009, and is quite big. It had no stickers, but was in the yellow and black colors of Shcmidbauer, one of the companies that operated the real crane. Unfortunately, the seller did not know how to put the model together, so the lattice boom and the outriggers were set to the side. The lattice booms appear to use some kind of new part, a beam with holes offset 90 degrees from each other, to make the sides and allow the diagonal beams to connect. Those parts appeared to be rather rough, possible 3D printed? This model was the only one to be flipped on its side, allowing the underside to be seen. It had 4 differentials on it, allowing an accurate number of wheels to be driven, but oddly, the wheel hubs appear to be new, almost but not quite like the 42000 hubs. Those parts appeared to be 3D printed as well, but the actual shape is kind of hard to discern. This model, unlike the rest, has no pneumatics, but there is definitely a PF battery box in the superstructure, just ahead of the first winch. The outriggers are interesting, as they use mini linear actuators, and it seems that at the base of the outrigger is some kind of spline piece to connect to the main truck.

Well, that's all for now, let's hope my phone charges, so that I can give you some pictures.

:laugh:

In case you haven't guessed by now, April Fools!!!!

Edited by Saberwing40k

I dont know weather say say APRIL FOOLS or not...

This is why I hate April fools day. Everything has to be taken with a grain of salt, but from the details, it sounds somewhat credible, a lattice boom on a mobile crane is really odd, but plausible, only way to confirm this is with images and links.

Every year I hear some story like this that is very believable, but come on, it's April fools.

Come'on guys!! 100% April Fools....... :laugh: :laugh:

Took y'all long enough. I think I fooled 3 people, and the rest, aside from nerdsforprez, weren't sure if I was kidding or not. Sadly, this stuff is a joke, although I will be laughing off my chair if we see sets like this next year. :laugh:

Mods, can you please add [April Fool's] to the title?

Also, the one reason why I love April Fool's day is because everybody takes things with a grain of salt, and actually tries to not be gullible.

What I was hoping to do was make something credible enough that most people can't tell the difference, which is my forte as a storyteller.

Edited by Saberwing40k

Ya that's what I thought I just was not getting my hopes up because every year someone does this.

Not bad. But april fooling is at 1st April. You postet your stuff at April 2nd. Not very smart...

And if you look at pictures of the Porsche where someone removed the camouflage, and I think j did see a 3x11 that was 5 studs long. I'll try to find it and link it here.

Found it.bottom photo, on the right top portion of the door is a 3x11x5 curved panel.

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

Edited by andrewganschow

Not bad. But april fooling is at 1st April. You postet your stuff at April 2nd. Not very smart...

Where in the world are you? I posted it on April 1st in the US.

Also, Dr. Spock, that part about me being unable to use my phone while charging is true, my battery is nearing the end of its life.

Took y'all long enough. I think I fooled 3 people, and the rest, aside from nerdsforprez, weren't sure if I was kidding or not. Sadly, this stuff is a joke, although I will be laughing off my chair if we see sets like this next year. :laugh:

Mods, can you please add [April Fool's] to the title?

Also, the one reason why I love April Fool's day is because everybody takes things with a grain of salt, and actually tries to not be gullible.

What I was hoping to do was make something credible enough that most people can't tell the difference, which is my forte as a storyteller.

You didn't fool me :grin:

Can we see the pictures?

We can't show the pictures here, because they're too sensitive. But if you post your email login and password, we can log into your account and save a draft email containing the pictures so you can see them.

well, i as a starting AFOL, I totally believed it :look: i was getting some doubt when you began about the 10-axle crane. and when i scrolled further, i saw that it was a joke.

BTW: your post is posted at april 2nd according to eurobricks.

We can't show the pictures here, because they're too sensitive. But if you post your email login and password, we can log into your account and save a draft email containing the pictures so you can see them.

yeah right, seems legit... :tongue:

Not bad. But april fooling is at 1st April. You posted your stuff at April 2nd. Not very smart...

I'm also saw this post on April 2nd.

I posted it on April 1st in the US.

I'm see you Posted on 02 April 2016 - 07:49 AM. I'm in Indonesia it's GMT+7.

Edited by KamalMYafi