Captain Green Hair

TUTORIAL: String Rigging

Can you post a link to the page of the actual ship? Looks like a beuty. and the rigging is great. Thankyou very much. You have been most helpful!

Captain zuloo

I did some research and I found that in your tutorial you only have the shrouds ( The rigging going vertically up the mast) but not the ratlines ( The footholds on the shrouds). Just thought I'd let you know so you can add them if you like.

Regards, Captain Zuloo ;-)

I did some research and I found that in your tutorial you only have the shrouds ( The rigging going vertically up the mast) but not the ratlines ( The footholds on the shrouds). Just thought I'd let you know so you can add them if you like.

Regards, Captain Zuloo ;-)

I think you need some glasses :-P

I think you need some glasses :-P

Oh. I see this is right. Sorry I was only looking at the first few pics. Anyway could you please post a link to the actuall ship in your tutorial?

Regards, Captain Zuloo :'-)

Oh. I see this is right. Sorry I was only looking at the first few pics. Anyway could you please post a link to the actuall ship in your tutorial?

Regards, Captain Zuloo :'-)

You can see some more in THIS topic ;-)

Ahh, the Achille will need rigging very soon, probably in a week when I have build up the masts completely. I'll try to stick to the tutorial to get practice doing this (I've never even thought about something as amazing as a realistic rigging on a Lego ship previously to be honest); then I might redo it with my own touch, so that it fits to the overall look of that ship. :pir-cry_happy:

Since I've not tried doing something like this ever before, I depend heavily on your tutorial :pir_laugh2: (though the kind Admiral Béjaune has offered his help).

Perfectionist

Ahh, the Achille will need rigging very soon, probably in a week when I have build up the masts completely. I'll try to stick to the tutorial to get practice doing this (I've never even thought about something as amazing as a realistic rigging on a Lego ship previously to be honest); then I might redo it with my own touch, so that it fits to the overall look of that ship. :pir-cry_happy:

Since I've not tried doing something like this ever before, I depend heavily on your tutorial :pir_laugh2: (though the kind Admiral Béjaune has offered his help).

Perfectionist

The HMS Unicorn will also need Rigging soon! However, it would help if there were more pictures of the stages, I mean it skips by alot.

Also, What is the best cloth and string for it? When I ask my mum she says that string you can get from the Garden Centre, but Ill try get it in Sutton. Theres also a cloth shop/tailors, they make quilts and clothing.