Sign in to follow this  
Speshy

[MOC] Adriatic Dream

Hi guys,

To me this MOC fits within a historical theme of sorts, albeit with a bit of a fantastical twist. It's a project I'm calling Adriatic Dream, and it's a dream home inspired by the Venetian towns and homes that dot the coasts of the Adriatic Sea. There's also inspiration from my own dreams, and the whole design comes straight from my imagination. Porco Rosoo is an inspiration as well.

It's also up on Ideas, for your consideration:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/137175

Would love to hear your feedback.

K2394232-o_1af44p16l1umr1ijl17ttsb3f1e7-full.JPG

Beautiful creation Speshy.. I would like to see more pics of it. As for CC: I would like a more complex "sea". :wink:

Good luck on ideas.

Porco Rosoo is an inspiration as well.

Porco Rosso!!! Make Marco's red plane too "Folgore" and you'll have a fan for life :D

Thank you for the comments, guys! I admit, I did not put any effort into the sea itself. I know the possibilities are unlimited in terms of modeling water, so I wanted to focus on the island and house. Adding detail to the water (and increasing the area of water) are must-do's if it is to be displayed somewhere.

As for Porco Rosso, I actually have already designed the Savoia S21 twice now, and one of them is built. I'd like to take a third go around before I show it off.

Thanks again!

I will post more pics after I reach certain support milestones

Lovely colour palette with the earthy tones. The trees are immediately recognizable as cypresses, quintessentially Mediterranean vegetation. The architecture is what really stands out, fantastic work on the villa with it's many roofs. My favorite parts are the bridge and the facade with the front door, great techniques used there! :thumbup:

The water could use some texturing but that structure, that structure is stunning. Beautiful yet shabby enough that it looks like its been around a bit.

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, guys! I'm glad you're recognizing details that I thought out carefully. The facades especially were a focus of my design energy. I can honestly declare every detail on this piece was enjoyable to design and execute, and it would be difficult for me to better this design without an unlimited palette.

Yes, the water.. perhaps a little wave action against the rocks would be nice, but at a scale of 1 stud width = approx. 3 feet, even wave detail would be very small. After all, I'm trying to depict tranquil seas for the location of this villa.

Thank you Brick Curve! Also, stay tuned on the project page for an update--I recently passed the 1,000 mark so I'm going to post more photos of details, possibly as early as tomorrow.