Kai NRG

Announcement: Rule Revamp

Good morning, Brethren of the Brick Seas! Gather round!

It has frequently been brought to our attention that the rules are rather complicated and not always straightforward. We have attempted to remedy that by a thorough edit of the rule topics.

The following topics have been edited:

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Rules Thread

Conflict Resolution

The Economic Game System (EGS)

By Land - Maps and Properties in the EGS

By Sea - Ships and The Monthly Raiding and Commerce Action in the EGS

Most of these threads have undergone revision only with minimal actual rule changes. We have introduced a few new features:

Settlement Up-date

The settlement rules have undergone an pretty large update that will hopefully prove agreeable. Check those out here.

New Property Categories!

Two new categories, Art and Culture and Education, have been added! Check them out here.

Special Effects

For Commerce, Eslandians pay 20% less for licensing and earn 20% on yield.

Corries pay 20% less for licensing and earn 20% more on yield for any educational facility.

Oleanders pay 20% less for licensing and earn 20% more on yield for any Art and Culture property.

Sea Rats earn an extra 30% yield on Artisan businesses.

New Free-build System

The first two freebuilds a month will earn a builder 10 DBs per build, the next two earn 5 DBs, and any more freebuilds during the same month will earn the builder 2 DBs.

No more approvals (but do keep on approving those last few March free-builds).

Master Index

This is not new, of course, but it seems not everyone is aware that there is a Master Index pinned up here. Use it! Trust me, it's very handy.

Population

And finally, an improvement we are all very excited about! We're sure you'll love this latest addition to the world of BoBS.

• Every minifigure you use in a build is worth 0.15 DBs, creditable to the builder. Simple!
  • Minifigures used more than once (such as your sig-fig) may only be registered once.
  • Use the new Minifigure Registration Form to register your minifigures.
  • For those of you who are severely backlogged, you may post in this topic with the total quantity the non-duplicated minifigures you have used in your MOCs, multiplied by 0.15.

We hope to introduce the Character Advancement and Skill Trees soonish along with MRCA v.2.

Lastly, congratulations to our new Pirate Regulator, Skaforhire!

Hopefully you all enjoy this rewrite as much as I enjoyed making it... oh wait... hopefully you enjoy it a lot more than I enjoyed making it. :pir-grin:

Leave your questions or comments below!

EDIT: Strikeout the April Fool's Population items.

Population

And finally, an improvement we are all very excited about! We're sure you'll love this latest addition to the world of BoBS.

• Every minifigure you use in a build is worth .15 DBs, creditable to the builder. Simple!
  • Minifigures used more than once (such as your sig-fig) may only be registered once.
  • Use the new Minifigure Registration Form to register your minifigures.
  • For those of you who are severely backlogged, you may post in this topic with the total quantity the non-duplicated minifigures you have used in your MOCs, multiplied by .15.

I almost thought that was 15 DBs per fig! :snicker:

Fortunately I have a collected a list of all the builds so far, listing all the number of non-recycled figs.

Story Links

Scene 1 - 3

Scene 1b - 0

Scene 2 - 2

Scene 3 - 1

Scene 4 - 0

Scene 5 - 3

Scene 6 - 7

Scene 7 - 7

Scene 8 - 0

Scene 9 - 0

Scene 10 - 6

Scene 11 - 2

Scene 12 - 6

Side Story Links

Miranda's Emporium of Many Wares - 0

Fort Redoubtable - 16

Merryweather Lumberjacks - 3

The Valkyrie of Corrington - 3

I have no voice, and I must scream - 12

The Flask and Flagon - 0

The Velvet Room - 0

Mr. Townsend's Scribing Service - 2

Total 73 x .15 = 10.95

Edited by CelesAurivern

Great! The minifigs, is it April 1st onwards or do previous builds also count?

Also, what happens when a minifig dies?

Talking about April 1st... Do I have to build a MOC with as many minifigs as it is studs on the build to be the fool? 15 doubloons just like that? No name, no backstory needed?

I think you may have forgotten to add the minifig registration form to the master index.

Edited by Sir Stig

I'm excited to see this development regarding a minifig census, as it were. One of the things I enjoy about the various MOCs in this game is the various characters beyond the sigfigs that we meet.

I am up to 15 minifigs so far.

I almost thought that was 15 DBs per fig! :snicker:

ARR, Good eyes on the 0.15. I almost didn't see the decimal point either.

They go to the minifigure version of Davy Jones' Locker. :classic:

Just want to check, are minifigs in LDD builds also being counted for the population?

Of course previous builds count!

Umm... umm... yeah. Leadership will have to get back to you on that when we stop laughing.

Talking about April 1st... Do I have to build a MOC with as many minifigs as it is studs on the build to be the fool? 15 doubloons just like that? No name, no backstory needed?

I think you may have forgotten to add the minifig registration form to the master index.

Who needs names and backstories? pirate_laugh_new.gif

Just want to check, are minifigs in LDD builds also being counted for the population?

Of course!

Kai, thank you sooooo much for this thumbup.gif

Great work, feels so fresh now, just like spring default_laugh_new.gif

Now, back to counting, I'm halfway through my FB minifig registration. Appreciate that you included digital minifigs thumbup.gif

Hmmm... I have exactly 100 unique minifigs posted so... doing this in my head... 0.15 db each would be.... 1500 dbs, correct? Yee-ha!!

Wait, that can't be right... ok, my calculator says it comes out to 3.1415926 dbs... well there goes my get-rich-quick scheme. Bummer.

So when do we start paying to feed them? Will that be v3.0, or sometime later on?

Too much effort for an April's fools, actually.... But who knows? I will start reading tomorrow. ;-)

Oh, man! This is MADNESS!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai!!!!!

NOTE:

Settlement bank accounts can be tabulated now, as I don't think anyone conducted a raid this MRCA. So settlement mayors, you can assume that your town has full funding. Also, for real, mayors should update their settlement page with what builds are licensed, and at what level. This makes it obvious to everyone what is in the settlement, and nobody will have to go digging. You can use the query tool (wait we released that right?) to do this pretty quickly. Also builders, it would help to notify the settlement's mayor on the settlement page if your build has been licensed, and as what. This will make sure trade values are the highest possible, and that town banks are fully functioning. There will be slight learning period here, but once it is commonplace, this will help immensely!

NOTE:

Settlement bank accounts can be tabulated now, as I don't think anyone conducted a raid this MRCA. So settlement mayors, you can assume that your town has full funding. Also, for real, mayors should update their settlement page with what builds are licensed, and at what level. This makes it obvious to everyone what is in the settlement, and nobody will have to go digging. You can use the query tool (wait we released that right?) to do this pretty quickly. Also builders, it would help to notify the settlement's mayor on the settlement page if your build has been licensed, and as what. This will make sure trade values are the highest possible, and that town banks are fully functioning. There will be slight learning period here, but once it is commonplace, this will help immensely!

This is the best news I have heard in my life. Thank you!

Great work! At first I was a bit suspicious due to the release date but it looks too good to be false :wink:

So....do "named" critter crew members and others in stories count as population? Like "Polly the parrot" "Lt. Whiskers" and "Petunia?"

All hail the admins!

I will have to have a look at King's Harbour, but luckily, that is still on a very managable level! pir_laugh2.gif

I remain unconvinced on the whole minifig/population thing. I'm struggling to see a real in game reason for this, plus the whole tone Kai announced it with and when she said:

Umm... umm... yeah. Leadership will have to get back to you on that when we stop laughing.

Also note Ska said:

NOTE:

Also, for real, mayors should update their settlement page with what builds are licensed,

So if that is for real, what isn't? :pir_laugh2:

I remain unconvinced on the whole minifig/population thing. I'm struggling to see a real in game reason for this.....

That could be.....but it could also be a whole "minifig minigame" to promote diversity in the appearance of folks in our builds...coming up with new and interesting combinations for a minifig as a low DB yield minigame...

It's quite easy, actually. I count - I get some DB, and maybe more benefits later (tax refund, or whatnot). Anyway, the yield here is better than with any 3+ FB default_excited.gif

I am just setting up my collection now for a photo, we don't mind if my Kaliphlin army joins for the photo op, right? I figure I should be making about 450 DBs, well maybe more, we are OKing werewolves, vampires, Puppy Monkey Babies?

NOTE:

Settlement bank accounts can be tabulated now, as I don't think anyone conducted a raid this MRCA.

Might want check again Ska. /cough cough

>:)

Didn't anyone notice the whoppingly large Market Square I just did? Minifigs, minifigs! pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

...(wait we released that right?)...

default_look.gif Not yet, actually I wasn't positive all was ready on the technical end and didn't have all the right links.

So....do "named" critter crew members and others in stories count as population? Like "Polly the parrot" "Lt. Whiskers" and "Petunia?"

No, animals do not count as people. default_innocent.gifdefault_laugh_new.gif