CM4Sci

Discussion: 10252 Volkswagen Beetle

I just bought the set. Will try to do a review over the weekend. The price seems to be the same as the Ferrari F40.

At first sight it looks great.

Lucky you!

And I was almost exactly correct about the scale!

The shape reminds me more of the Citroen 2CV because of the shape and thickness of the rear panel/ c-pillar

1963-citroen-2cv-in-exceptional-original-condition-53-years-old-car-one-1_zpsp9y11wkj.jpg

27577655981_664c1cc46a_b_zpsnb3bhodc.jpg

Does anyone know what other sets this might be in scale with? When I have my cars on display I like them to be on display with sets at the same scale.

By my estimation, it might scale reasonably well with the Ferrari F40?

It is almost perfectly scaled to the VW T1 Camper, at 1:14. Those two should look great together.

Looks like a good companion for my T1 Camper. Time to start saving...

Nice! The tires look a bit too fat to me and I wish they had used chrome instead of LBG for the bumpers, side moldings, etc but that's just wishful thinking. They've captured the curves extremely well and it makes the previous one look very "dated" in terms of technique. I like the surfboard and esky (cooler). It will look great next to the T1 Campervan, especially in those contrasting colours. Thumbs up for including Aussie license plates too!

Edited by Markalus

Now I'm conflicted. I hadn't bought the camper, but if I get this set, it feels like I absolutely have to get the camper as well...

When I first met my wife, she drove a tan (brick-yellow) colored beetle, and she is still enamored of the car, although its long gone. This could be a way to finally turn her to the way of the AFOL :sweet: . Clearly a purchase by me, regardless. Great detail and much better looking than the older beetle set. Really dig all of the greebling, cowabunga dudes!

I´m just glad that it isn´t a lowered and pimped beetle or a Herbie-version as it was discussed a few pages ago.

I need more space in my shelf... :sceptic:

I missed out on the last one. :sad: Looking forward to this one! My parents lived in Germany (Dad was in the US Army) for a time long before I was born and had a VW Bug there. When they came back to the States they owned a few more. I remember riding in one during the Minnesota winters, the heater sucked in those!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My dad owns a few VWs, The heaters actually came off of the engine itself! The fan shroud has 2 holes in it that take some flexible pipe, and go into some other pipes that run along under the floorboard to the heater vents inside the cabin. pretty neat!

I'm rarely excited by Lego's releases, and it's rare that Lego does better than MOCs out there, but this time they really made a gem.

Granted, they had to introduce a new part, but it's still very well done, -so- much ahead from the 10187 one.

It even brings parts I was so waiting for in LBG.

The shape reminds me more of the Citroen 2CV because of the shape and thickness of the rear panel/ c-pillar

1963-citroen-2cv-in-exceptional-original-condition-53-years-old-car-one-1_zpsp9y11wkj.jpg

27577655981_664c1cc46a_b_zpsnb3bhodc.jpg

True, & of course the 2 cars look alike, but the color scheme susprises me because that's more the one I expect to see a 2cv in.