CM4Sci

Discussion: 10252 Volkswagen Beetle

So there comes the possibility of some vibrant colour scheme.But I still hope that california style will be something decent, not something like from "pimp my ride" .

It is far away from "plain and simple"...

The splitted rear window has only been built until 1953, before all following beetles were built with a bigger single rear window.

There are probably a lot of "fake split" windows, like at some point real split windows were converted to larger windows, when the older models weren't yet rare and valuable

no pics yet I assume? This is another on my radar, have the earlier Charlotte version, grew up with that one really...first stick I learned to drive

Anyone with insight into the color? I'd kind of be interested to see it done in a rarer color, like Cool Yellow or Dark/Medium Azur. But a more common color would be fine too, assuming the model itself is impressive enough for it.

I do hope that this set is like the camper van and Mini Cooper in being less "blocky" than the last Beetle set. That set was decent for its time but I'm sure Lego could do better with modern parts like curved slopes.

I do hope that this set is like the camper van and Mini Cooper in being less "blocky" than the last Beetle set. That set was decent for its time...

I feel like it would have been decent for 1978. Not sure why they made it so blocky in 2008 :sceptic:

Have you guys taken a look at the July 2016 store calendar? It shows a set being released for VIP members on the 14th.. Is this gonna be the bug?

That's Big Ben.

I just bought the set. Will try to do a review over the weekend. The price seems to be the same as the Ferrari F40.

At first sight it looks great.

Edited by AdrianB2016

Whoa! You bought it already?! Hardly anyone else has even seen it yet!

Well... Wow! It looks great!

If that's not real, it's a very good montage...

The proportions seem a bit off compared to previous models (almost like regular creator cars).

Need to see further pics to make up my mind.

Thanks for the pics though.

If that's not real, it's a very good montage...

The proportions seem a bit off compared to previous models (almost like regular creator cars).

Need to see further pics to make up my mind.

Thanks for the pics though.

I uploaded photos of the instruction book and the sticker sheet. The instruction book was loose and is in a pretty bad shape :angry: :angry: . Anyway. Maybe my credibility is diminished by the fact that i only have one post. But i have another user (AdrianB2014) for which i forgot the password and i did not receieve the reset link from Eurobricks.

I saw this set in the store and i was very amazed by the fact that they already have it. Frankly, i bought it partly to share it with you guys. :classic:

Edited by AdrianB2016

Wow, that looks great! But a little small... But still very nice!

On a side note, does anyone know whether or not the T1 Camper Van will retire before 2017?

Wow, that looks great! But a little small... But still very nice!

On a side note, does anyone know whether or not the T1 Camper Van will retire before 2017?

The dimensions are 29cm/11cm which is almost exactly like the Camper Van. Which means that they should be the same size, as in reality (the Camper Van is built on Beetle chassis)

I uploaded photos of the instruction book and the sticker sheet. The instruction book was loose and is in a pretty bad shape :angry: :angry: . Anyway. Maybe my credibility is diminished by the fact that i only have one post. But i have another user (AdrianB2014) for which i forgot the password and i did not receieve the reset link from Eurobricks.

I saw this set in the store and i was very amazed by the fact that they already have it. Frankly, i bought it partly to share it with you guys. :classic:

Don't take me wrong, I believe you when you said you bought it.

I'm just as amazed as Blondie-Wan someone put this out for sale so soon (even before any pics were out).

Once again, thanks for the pics.

That looks very good. The front is a huge improvement over the last blocky one and I really like that food box and surf board :thumbup:

?! You just bought it? The heck? haha where'd you find it?

WOW that is a thing of beauty. The color is great and I love those new curved fender pieces!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

27577655981_664c1cc46a_b.jpg

27617016036_0679a6cc02_b.jpg

27651863375_72bf29a129_b.jpg27617325326_8d94f2576a_b.jpg

Edited by CM4Sci

This is going to be an expensive automotive year, what with this, the Caterham Ideas set and the Technic Porsche 911.

Dang, that's gorgeous! The lighting makes it hard to tell exactly what color it is, though - is that Bright Blue or Dark Azure?