Tomsche

[COR - FB1] The House of Knowledge

Dear Felipe de la Manzana

P1150146_zpsiigk27kk.jpg

I have well received your letter for the request if I had some scientific experts here in Quinnsville that might aid you in your search of knowledge about the Ténotclaxcans native society.

I have taken this letter to our local science counsil, to find a suitable doctor for your needs, our former foremost expert Lapzwanzer being all caught up in the secret of producing chocolate and not of much more use.

P1150147_zpsg5baqloc.jpg

Upon mine arrival in the residence where our small gathering of scientist work (well, it seemed the only work they actually do is tossing papers and maps all over the place), I have brought your request forth, and can now inform you that they have agreed to join you in your endeavours.

P1150151_zpsouyv0ywb.jpg

P1150148_zpsyivqxqdf.jpg

P1150152_zpstwaaifke.jpg

I expect them to be all ready for the voyage towards Elysabethtown within a week`s time, and will send word forward as soon as they have boarded the ship heading your way.

Yours sincerly

Sir Thomas Smaugton

Mayor of Quinnsville

This build of a small scientist residence (which will be licensed as a `small residence` for the economics game) is the result of a collaboration between myself and Faladrin.

This idea came about in february, as we both are members of the same trade company in the game, MAESTRO, making it a bit simpler to have `inter-factional relationships` to go about working this.

Continued in the next part when the daring scientists will be send on their way :-)

Lovely little build, I am sure those scientists are going to deepen our knowledge of New Terra...and get into some right scrapes in the process.

i know I am getting into dangerous territory here, but I feel strongly that yellow and black minifigs shouldn't be mixed. Yellow minifigs are NOT white people, they are yellow people. This is the universal skin colour of minifigs (see, for example, the Native American and Snake Charmer figures), thus neatly enabling us to avoid difficult issues of race and colour in the Lego world. Unless of course you are using flesh coloured figures, in which case its fine to use black ones alongside them.

TBH, I don`t even see personally a difference between flesh / yellow / whotnot figs. For me they are just figures from Pirate lines, and scattered around my city in whatever fashion I just put them down, regardless of colour.

Heck, I even tend to throw in Friends dolls and such here and there. it`s just that to me, a simple figure of a toy line

OK, that's a totally fair response, I really don't want to spoil our fun here with a long discussion on race and colour, its not the right place. And I did like your build! Keep on MOCing!

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

Dear lord Smaugton.

I am happy to see you found a scientist team already departing to Berelli. I will wait them in my new residence in Elysabethtown to welcome them.

I hope they will find the clue I am missing for my Golden Apple quest.

They will help us to better understand the Ténotclaxcans and that is precious to our company.

Thank you.

Friendly yours.

Felipe de la Manzana.

This has a nice young settlement look to it. The interior, while a bit cramped, looks good. But I wonder... is the monkey there for an education, or just up to mischief...?

"lapzwanzer"! Love IT!

Really nice build, I love cobblestone!

This has a nice young settlement look to it. The interior, while a bit cramped, looks good. But I wonder... is the monkey there for an education, or just up to mischief...?

If he does to much mischief, he`ll end up for educational purposes hehee

Very smug little research office, with a lot of stuff inside! And, of course, I can only support any pursuit of science! Well done!

As to the colour discussion:

After being hailed as "Yellow man" when I was in Nigeria (I am a perfectly average looking Dane) without any ill-will, as the most natural thing in the world (although I had to collect myself a moment) I have decided that colour is just that - Colour. And if a man is black, brown, yellow, pink, purple, call him that if you want - but just remember that behind the colour, he is still a man like you. (And the same goes for women - before Fuzzy gets all fuzzy about it! pirate_tong.gif )

Thus - I feel the same applies to minifigs. I will admit that I prefer yellows, for the classic feel, but mix and match all you want for my sake. pirate_blush.gif