Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Interactive Apocalypse 3000!

Okay, I made a MOC recently, with the intent of making an interactive journey where you fellow EBers will decide the fate of one of the last survivors of Earth (Thankyou Hinckley for the permission to do this :'-) ). Before I do this though, I think I should introduce you to this ravaged world.

This is YOU EB:

p1200172.jpg

One of the last HUMAN survivors following the event known only as "The Cataclysm!". Since this mysterious event, Earths's size is only a quater that of which it used to be. The population is largely that of "The Swarm", a mix of mutants, monsters and horror which prowl the desolate wasteland in search of live flesh.

You, EB members, and your fellow teammate, have built this shelter as a way of survival. It lies in a bad place, just on the edge of the barren desert, where the monsters lie, and on the path of The Swarm. Here it is, being attacked by the swarm:

p1200142.jpg

p1200143.jpg

p1200144.jpg

p1200145.jpg

p1200146.jpg

p1200147.jpg

p1200148.jpg

p1200151.jpg

A shot of it without The Swarm during a hot dusty day. I love the red haze in this one:

p1200162.jpg

Here is the inside. You have two chicken wings (or are they? X-D ) for food and green water for drinking. Your weapons are sparse. You have a brown shotgun, rifle, brown spear, binoculars, shovel and backpack.

Here is the living suite:

p1200153.jpg

A shot of the one-man bed you have to share:

p1200156.jpg

Here is your Quad, which is armoured enough to survive intact outside the base:

p1200159.jpg

An ex-team member who had to be killed by you after he went mad:

p1200160.jpg

Maybe this place wasn't always a desert? :

p1200161.jpg

A shot of it without the red sky and The Swarm:

p1200134.jpg

This is your transport, a one man (though a second can hitch a ride uncomfortably) heavy quadbike.

p1200115.jpg

Now for The Swarm. The first type of creature is the most common of The Swarm:

The undead. They are relatively easy to kill as their bones are very brittle and a few strikes or shots to the head will kill them:

p1200583.jpg

The Zombies. They also common, though slightly less so. They are harder to kill, and are unaware of pain. Luckily, they are the slowest and stupidest of The Swarm:

p1200591.jpg

The Abominations. Little are known of these. They are rare, or as rare as something can be in something as large as The Swarm. They are an entirely new creature, possibly spawned from humans, or animals, but are always humanoid in appearance. They are usually faster than the other Swarm creatures, and are usually strong:

p1200600.jpg

p1200601.jpg

The Mutants. These were once humans who were mutated in appearance and mentally. They are by far the most intelligent of The Swarm, and their minds have been warped to the point where they are the epitome of evil. The sad thing is, they have no craving for human flesh, but are continuing the onslaught because they want to. Despit being intelligent, their twisted faces are incapable of speech, but some are gifted with certain powers, like telepathy and pyrokineses:

p1200607.jpg

p1200608.jpg

p1200613.jpg

Now for the monsters that are in The Swarm:

The Djander Bird. This deceptively cute creature has a poison beak that, once injected into you, will slowly destroy your nervous system in a way that causes more pain than imaginable. One man that somehow survived died three days later of starvation, he wouldn't move, for fear of pain:

p1200621.jpg

The Squent. This spiky monstrosity is the cause of many deaths from its poison stinger, mauling attacks, and sharp barbs. It is semi-common, and though not entirely ferocious, is very much feared by survivors:

p1200633.jpg

The Weaver. This creature is only known to attack when provoked but still tends to hang around The Swarm. The tail shoots a deadly spike with enough force to go straight through you. Some have been tamed by survivors, and one day you might get this chance for an extra defense:

p1200643.jpg

The Monsters are the last part, and are not in The Swarm but instead roam the desert, mountains and canyons. Very few who have seen them have survived, and those that have are usually incoherent or driven mad by the traumitising experience. (note: the Dino Attack dino below is not a monster, just a teaser, as I haven't built one yet ;-) )

p1200133.jpg

Lastly, a couple of cool last shots:

p1200137.jpg

p1200138.jpg

And the gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=291194

Hope you enjoyed, the interactive first part will be posted next week sometime, where you EBers will decide the characters fate by voting what he should do! Again thanks for Hinckley for the permission to do this! *sweet*

Comments and Constructive Criticism appreciated. And if you have any questions regarding this post-apoc world, or the interactive parts to come, just post them and I will answer :-)

Clearly as the Batmobile has morphed into a Brickmobile! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

A nice abandoned fortification in a charming landscape. A studless desert, that

Sounds like fun Batbrick! I'm looking forward to the next one! I like how you did the base BTW.

*sweet*

Thanks guys! :'-)

And yes Asuka, I don't have many brown peices so studless all the way! :-$

As clearly as the Batmobile has morphed into the Brickmobile! >:-)

That's a great MOC and I can't wait to see how you make the story an re-builds interactive. Should be fun! X-D I really like all of the thought you put into the factions. Those are some cool custom figs you got there. My favorite parts are the ATV and the piggy/anteater thing. :-$

I would love to see a more haphazard barracks built. This one seems a little too neat and square. I would imagine they would fortify it with scrap metal and other jagged things and leave it a little askew.

Other than that, I like this a lot and can't wait to see what else you bring to us in this great little post-apoc world... *sweet*

That's a great MOC and I can't wait to see how you make the story an re-builds interactive. Should be fun! X-D I really like all of the thought you put into the factions. Those are some cool custom figs you got there. My favorite parts are the ATV and the piggy/anteater thing. :-$

Thanks Hinckley! *sweet* I recall you liking my Post apoc quad in my other MOC too. Coink-i-dink? I think not! X-D I like the ant-eater thingy too, I wanted to make brickbuilt creatures and think I did a pretty good job.

I would love to see a more haphazard barracks built. This one seems a little too neat and square. I would imagine they would fortify it with scrap metal and other jagged things and leave it a little askew.

I do agree with you on this, I did a couple of MOds a moment ago to make it a tad better. Nothing worth posting, but now it has Skellie scythes and pointy stuff out of the gates to make it more thrown together. There is also a little lump of concrete at the front corner to make it seem half-finished.

Fear not though, once the game starts, YOU EB members, will be able to choose whether to scavenge more food, or find more survivors, or build up your defense, or explore the unexplored! >:-) Thus your base will grow, or shrink, becoming more orderly or thrown further into chaos.

Other than that, I like this a lot and can't wait to see what else you bring to us in this great little post-apoc world... *sweet*

Thanks, I don't have a set-in-stone story, as peoples decisions and other variables make it too complex, but I do have planned the circumstances and consequences of the decisions you choose. And trust me when I say this, you can DIE in this world, so when the time comes choose wisely, or the game will be a short one! *skull*

Clearly batbrick's mind has turned to mush! *wacko*

Sounds cool, very cool! I can't wait for this to develop more. Awesome base too, and the creatures are creepy and creative! *y* *y*

~Peace

Very nice creations, with lots of energy and thoughts in them *y*

I'll be waiting for the game-story to start ;-)

Btw: isn't it a bit dangeroure to leave the quad outside the shelter. Mutants (they're the most intelligent, right?) could steal it 8-|

LuxorV

Btw: isn't it a bit dangeroure to leave the quad outside the shelter. Mutants (they're the most intelligent, right?) could steal it 8-|

LuxorV

Not without the keys! :-P

Clearly Batbrick's mind has turned to mush! *wacko*

Not without the keys! :-P

Clearly Batbrick's mind has turned to mush! *wacko*

Oh, I don't know if they're that necessary... Ever known of a movie by the title "Out in 60 seconds"? ;-)

LuxorV

Oh, I don't know if they're that necessary... Ever known of a movie by the title "Out in 60 seconds"? ;-)

LuxorV

No, but I've heard of one called Gone in 60 seconds. Perhaps they have a similar plot. :-P

EDIT: Perhaps this is one of those translation dealies. When the Swedes were in town we talked about different movie titles overseas. My favorite being Eddie Murphy's Coming to America which is called Prince of New York in Sweden or something like that. If they read this, they'll sufficiently berate me for getting it wrong, I'm sure. Anyway, I apologize if the title of the movie is Out in 60 Seconds in Italy. If not, then :-P :-P

No, but I've heard of one called Gone in 60 seconds. Perhaps they have a similar plot. :-P

Ops... :-$ My fault: the Italian title is "Fuori in 60 secondi", and 'Fuori' translates as 'Out' :-)

Btw: aren't there 2 versions of it (one from the '70s-'80s and one with Cage), or have they different titles 8-| ?

LuxorV

I'll cut this rant short by saying that the mutants are highly intelligent, but do not know nor care about the feeble humans pathetic bike, as far as they are concerned the bike only offers them an easier way to ambush the survivors! ;-) :-P

Clearly Batbrick's brain has turned to mush! *wacko*