xwingyoda

The Lego Shop Database

A little bit of on my part:

Where to buy Lego in Michigan:

Toys "R" Us

-Stocks the latest lego sets as well as very rare sets, some not released anywhere else.

Target

-Stocks the latest lego sets, and has quite a few clearences.

Meijer

-Has somewhat recent sets, sometimes at great prices.

CVS Pharmecy

-Once in a while I will find a set at CVS. And they have great deals on them too. A $10 bionicle for $2. :thumbup:

-VBBN :monkey:

There are two toy shops close to the river. I spent the summer in Salzburg and I went to one of them a bunch of times. I can't remember what either shop was called though.

Here's the one I went to: Location of the toy shop.

I was always coming from Linzergasse. If you come from that direction, just cross the bridge, cross the street at the end of the bridge, and go straight down the "street." (It's not a modern street at this point, it's cobblestone) Go only a block (a very short block, 200 feet at most) and turn right. You'll see Getreidegasse, which looks a midieval castle street (it basically is), and has tons of little shops on each side. Go down a block, and a courtyard will open up on the right side. There's some cafe tables and usually a sausage vendor's cart (though this may be different in winter). The toy store will be on the far corner of the courtyard and Getreidegasse. Note that you can't get around in this part of town by car, though you can get close to it. This part of the city is only walking and bikes. This shop had a lot of Lego and a good selection of other stuff too. They had tons of the newest hobby board games (what we would call Euro games in America) which I would have loved, but they were all the German editions, and I don't speak German. (Most of them will probably be released here in a year or two, but in English and twice as expensive...) They also had all the other stuff: traditional board games, normal toys, video games (mostly Wii and DS), etc.

I did see another toy store really close by too, but I never made it in. Second toy shop.

I think the toy store is where I marked the map, but if it isn't, it is definately on that block. It's only like a two minute walk from the first toy shop I pointed out. They had a pretty big window display, and looked bigger than the other place, so it should be easy to find them. I think this is actually the one that David was talking about.

Once you get to the right general area, don't be afraid to ask someone for directions if you can't find one of these places. Most of the locals (and almost everyone working in shops) speaks some English, and everyone I talked to was really friendly.

Also, there are tons of great things to do in Salzburg. Go up to the Fortress. Have a liter of beer at Augustinerbrau. Go to the Trick Fountains at Hellbrunn. There's 10 more great things I didn't list for each of the ones I did. Take advantage of your time there.

Thanx a lot man!!

Another shop for the USA.

Tuesday Mornings, a shop that sells a selection of things most people would never buy... but they do have carry Lego in the toy section. I suggest registering for their e-mail newletter, last year alone they had 4 major Lego sales... Scored 2 SW Cloud City sets for $50 each at one store alone.

Ralph

Edited by Ralph

Another shop for the USA.

Tuesday Mornings, a shop that sells a selection of things most people would never buy... but they do have carry Lego in the toy section. I suggest registering for their e-mail newletter, last year alone they had 4 major Lego sales... Scored 2 SW Cloud City sets for $50 each at one store alone.

Ralph

Is that a nationwide chain? I've never heard of them here in the Southeast.

Is that a nationwide chain? I've never heard of them here in the Southeast.

They have according to their website 800 stores, proper name is "Tuesday Mornings" They don't have much on website, and the store inventory changes fast, and the name says it all... best time to shop is on Tuesday when they restock.

Ralph

Edited by Ralph

They have according to their website 800 stores, proper name is "Tuesday Mornings" They don't have much on website, and the store inventory changes fast, and the name says it all... best time to shop is on Tuesday when they restock.

Ralph

Thanks, apparently there is a couple around where I live which I never knew about. I'll have to check them out sometime; do they usually carry the older sets (i.e the ones from a couple years ago)?

Thanks, apparently there is a couple around where I live which I never knew about. I'll have to check them out sometime; do they usually carry the older sets (i.e the ones from a couple years ago)?

The ones in my area are usually carring sets from 2-3 years ago. Inventory varies greatly so I try to hit the stores 2-3 times a month on Tuesday which is when they restock the shelves.

ralph

What a wonderful thread guys, great idea posting such invaluable information!

I've started a similar/related thread regarding official LEGO distributors: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27128 , I'd be very grateful if you could share your info / experience regarding those as well.

Now then, to start off, even though I doubt that any of you will head to Sofia, Bulgaria for their holidays, here's some info about where you can find LEGO here:

Comsed (www.comsed.net) is the official distributor of LEGO for Bulgaria and they add a handsome 20-40% to the original EU prices of LEGO sets. That's the reason why there's absolutely NO retailer that sells LEGO at normal prices - and price reduction on LEGO sets is but a mere dream around here. However, if you find yourself stranded in Sofia and wanting to check out what the local shops have in store for you despite their ridiculous pricing policy, here's a list of shops selling LEGO and their addresses. You can check out how to get to them using this site, just make sure you click on the English banner on the upper right if you want to understand anything.

Comsed Office / Warehouse -

76 "Todor Kableshkov" Street

Nice selection, sometimes you can find really old impulse sets (from 4-5 years back) at a normal price. After all, this is supposed to be the distributor's "lair", so you would expect a fair amount of rare sets being sold there as well... not the case.

Comsed LEGO Store @ Central Sofia Market Hall -

25 "Knyagina Maria Luiza" Blvd., Central Sofia Market Hall Floor -1 (that's one floor below ground level)

A smallish shop, only worth a visit if you're in the area.

Bonjour Store -

Slaveykov Square (at the corner of "Graf Ignatiev" and "Solunska" streets)

Very limited selection of new sets, LEGO is shelved right next to M$#@blocks... disgrace.

Comsed LEGO Store -

Located at the corner of "Graf Ignatiev" and "Solunska" streets, just across the aforementioned Bonjour Store

Carries a nice range of sets - of course, at the usual ridiculous prices.

Comsed Store @ Mall of Sofia -

101 "Stamboliyski" Blvd., Mall of Sofia, 3. Floor

They set their prices even higher than elsewhere... I wouldn't recommend them.

Li'l LEGO Store @ Pozitano Street -

24 "Pozitano" Street

Very nice personnel, it's what you'd call a family store and they're definitely LEGO enthusiasts. So they do their best at trying to set affordable prices. What's more important, they sell bricks separately, which is the closest thing to PaB there is in Bulgaria. Definitely worth a visit.

LEGO BG Shop @ Market Centre Reya -

11 "Andrey Saharov" Street, Residential area "Mladost - 1"

Great prices, they've even got some sets from a few years back, apart from the current range. The best thing: they offer a pick-a-brick-like service for new AND used pieces at nice prices, sorta like Bricklink... They also have an online store where you can buy sets and bricks.

The Hippoland chain of stores was also rumoured to carry a limited selection of LEGO, however I believe that was some years ago and even if they still do, they would only have the most basic range of sets. Besides, the location of their stores is most inconvenient, which is why I've never been to one myself.

If you are in another town in Bulgaria and are planning on hitting the shops for LEGO, bear in mind the following piece of advice: LEGO is not a common sight in local stores, especially outside Sofia. You'd stand a much better chance of finding anything if you'd visit the local mall (provided, of course, there IS one where you are).

Now then, since I've also lived in Berlin, Germany for a few years, I can supply you with some information on where to find LEGO there.

Unfortunately, there is no specialized LEGO shop in Berlin, ergo no PaB. At least, there was none back in 2007 while I still lived there.

However, you can find a very good selection at almost any Kaufhof or Karstadt store/mall you visit. The other malls (frequently called "Arkaden" in Berlin) won't be too useful though.

The famous KaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens), located at Tauentzienstrasse 21-24, also carries a good selection, but you can rarely find any bargains there.

The place you really must pay a visit if you're in Berlin is the Hertie store in Neukoelln @ Karl-Marx-Str. 92. The area is definitely not Berlin's finest and the store is hardly attractive, but it offers great sales. That's where most unsold products from Karstadt stores end up so, logically, you could expect a fair share of those unpleasant people running around, eager to buy as much as they can. LEGO is also sold there and every now and then they have nice sets reduced to 50% or more, so it's really worth checking out what they currently sell - especially if you happen to be in Berlin near the holidays.

That pretty much sums it up regarding my experience with direct LEGO shopping.

I would however be extremely grateful if anyone could give me information on where to buy LEGO in Brussels, Belgium (apart from the airport)... I can't seem to find any info on the Internet and I just can't believe that there are hardly any LEGO shops there!

Edited by Asya & Bobby Otters

Btw, could someone please do a little clean up of this thread and pin it? I do believe it is an extremely good source of information for people who travel a lot.

Doubting anyone would come to Oregon (US of A) but there are:

Multiple ToysRus'

Walmart

Fred Meyers

The is a Lego store in our Washington square mall

And other than that theres not much here. ToysRus charges a tad bit more than any other place but they sometimes have a good selection.

Now then, since I've also lived in Berlin, Germany for a few years, I can supply you with some information on where to find LEGO there.

Unfortunately, there is no specialized LEGO shop in Berlin, ergo no PaB. At least, there was none back in 2007 while I still lived there.

However, you can find a very good selection at almost any Kaufhof or Karstadt store/mall you visit. The other malls (frequently called "Arkaden" in Berlin) won't be too useful though.

The famous KaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens), located at Tauentzienstrasse 21-24, also carries a good selection, but you can rarely find any bargains there.

OK, I can add some info about Berlin:

KaDeWe - I believe some of the prices are marked up a bit, but they have quite a range of LEGO, and a small (but expensive) PaB where you fill a small bag rather than cup.

Galeria Kaufhof (Alexanderplatz) - They have a great range of LEGO at the standard European prices.

Karstadt - I think it's just like Galeria, just with a slightly smaller selection.

LEGOLAND Discovery Centre - Hidden deep beneath the Sony Centre at Potzdamer Platz you can find a small shop which is a bit like a tiny LEGO Store, with lots of S@H-exclusive things like the 50 Years books, keyrings, mugs, etc. as well as a great range of sets. There's also a decent PaB and Build-a-fig. Just go down to the level of the cinemas inside the Sony Centre, then do a u-turn to find the Store hidden behind the stairs.

Edited by Whittleberry

LEGOLAND Discovery Centre, OF COURSE! How could I forget that one :D The PaB selection is great and they also have nice exclusives /in terms of keychain / magnet sets/.

Whittleberry, if you're in Berlin and looking to buy sets at a discount price, make sure you visit that Hertie @ Neukoelln... if it still exists, that is.

I've also added another recently-opened store in Sofia, Bulgaria, which is worth checking out.

Still looking for LEGO shops in Brussels by the way, can anyone help!?

Dear Ebers,

Anyone know any good places near Las Vegas? or Sweden? I will be going to both places for a very short period of time and hope to get a chance to look into a few stores if time permits me to do so.

For Canada, specifically Ontario.

THE TOY BLOX LTD

1801 DUNDAS ST. E., UNIT 21, WHITBY L1N 7C5

Phone: Tel: 416-931-7973

- I personally have not step foot into this store but when I emailed the store, someone got back to me really fast.

BRICKS AND BLOCKS OUTLET

25 BENJAMIN ROAD, WATERLOO N2V 2G8

Phone: Tel: 519-746-5346

- Again, I have not been there persoanlly but I heard they have a good selection.

If anyone had experience with either of the stores, please let me know because I haven't had time to visit them. Only had time to visit the TRU in Pickering and Zellers.

Also read a forum where someone listed a bunch of places in Hong Kong - http://www.hkstop.com/redirect.php?fid=69&...goto=nextnewset. When I get a chance, I will translate them. Or, someone who can also read Chinese can help. A few of them are TRUs and stores like Walmart. Anyway, will try to post a follow-up for that later.

I'd be very grateful if someone could please refer me to a store in London where one could obtain exclusive sets such as the Green Grocer, Emerald Night, etc. Actually, which are the GOOD places one must visit if they want to find LEGO in London? I may be heading that way in a couple of weeks. Thanks in advance!

Oh, and my other query regarding good LEGO stores in Brussels is still on... any information will be very much appreciated.

Dear Ebers,

Anyone know any good places near Las Vegas? or Sweden? I will be going to both places for a very short period of time and hope to get a chance to look into a few stores if time permits me to do so.

For Canada, specifically Ontario.

THE TOY BLOX LTD

1801 DUNDAS ST. E., UNIT 21, WHITBY L1N 7C5

Phone: Tel: 416-931-7973

- I personally have not step foot into this store but when I emailed the store, someone got back to me really fast.

BRICKS AND BLOCKS OUTLET

25 BENJAMIN ROAD, WATERLOO N2V 2G8

Phone: Tel: 519-746-5346

- Again, I have not been there persoanlly but I heard they have a good selection.

If anyone had experience with either of the stores, please let me know because I haven't had time to visit them. Only had time to visit the TRU in Pickering and Zellers.

Also read a forum where someone listed a bunch of places in Hong Kong - http://www.hkstop.com/redirect.php?fid=69&...goto=nextnewset. When I get a chance, I will translate them. Or, someone who can also read Chinese can help. A few of them are TRUs and stores like Walmart. Anyway, will try to post a follow-up for that later.

I live in Toronto, and while I've never been to either of those stores, I know a few good ones too.

Bricks and Blocks Outlet (Cookstown)

This one is Cookstown Outlet Mall. They are (As of February) "Not open due to understock" for an undisclosed amount of time. They often have the latest sets at $5-$10 off, and have a wide selection.

Lasting Toys Inc.

This is their Bricklink store.

They also have a nice storefront that you can go in Mississauga. I'll try and find the address. They tend to have speedy email response, so you can email them. They have many sets from many years. Great condition, and are AFOLs themselves. As well, they have bins with misc. pieces.

For London

Thanks a mill mate! I'll make sure to stop by Hamleys!!!

Can anyone tell me what stores (if any) there are in New York City that have the exclusives available? I read something about Schwarz? And of course I know about the TRU at Times Square, but do they sell those exclusives (like Green Grocer and Emerald Night) there?

Thanks in advance! I am going to NYC in june... :classic:

The TRU in Times Square has, in the past, had some exclusive sets that are not usually found in stores. For example, several years ago they had the Statue of Liberty and the LEGO Minifigure sculpture sets (if you remember those). It is a good possibility that they might have things not usually found in regular stores.

I have also seen some interesting sets not usually found in stores at FAO Schwartz, but you never really know what you'll find there. But there is still a good chance you may find something "odd" there.

You're never guaranteed to find something unusual at either the large TRU or the FAO Schwartz, but it is worth going to both to find out. Besides, there are no other places that really carry LEGO in the city anyway! (Except for a few odd children's stores, but they only ever have a couple sets)

In Paris:

1) Jou飬ub (3-5 Bd des Italiens, 75002 Paris)

Really cool shop with only Legos (there are actually several toy stores in the Ju飬ub "compound" but one is dedicated to Legos).

They tend to have the sets before anybody at the price of S@H (couple of cents more). "the best"

2) Galeries Lafayette (40 Bd Haussman, 75009 Paris)

They have a new 5th floor dedicated to toys, with a Lego section. Not as great but:

* they have a little pick a brick section

* they have wonderful sales twice a year. 50% of the big sets awsome!!! (however, rarely SW).

Im heading to Paris in Oct. Could you tell me roughly which metro station is is close by? Or some directions to get there??Jou飬ub? this is what I see, so its abit hard for me to do a search online.

thanks.