xwingyoda

The Lego Shop Database

The Lego Store in Birmingham closed in July 2006 as well as the Kingston-Upon-Thames store.

Hey guys, something else: Michigan TRUs are excellent sources for old sets. Same with meijer.

For anybody in north London I can recommend Fagin's Toys in Muswell Hill. They have a huge selection at the moment.

Toy City in Wood Green Shopping City has a few sets but not a massive number.

Other than that the only other places that I know of that stock Lego near me are Toys R Us and Pearsons in Enfield.

If, for some odd reason, some EB members should visit Finland and would like to buy some sets, here is some basic information about LEGO situation here:

Major shops:

Large supermarkets and hypermarkets, like, Anttila Prisma and Citymarket have very good stock of the standard LEGO sets. They usually have BIONICLE, Star Wars, City, Castle and Town sets but nothing special like larger TECHNIC sets. It varies alot so if you don't find set on one store, visit another. Prices are around the same no matter which store you visit.

Toy stores:

Vast majority of Finnish toy stores have LEGO sets on sale (even Pick-A-Bricks if you are lucky). They usually have smaller stock than markets but have few more special sets like UCS. The prices vary alot, mostly depending if they are in large town or in country side.

Few large toy store chains have move to the southern Finland, namely Toys R Us and BR Toys.

One special toy store I should mention is Pii Poo. Situated in western Finland, it is the LEGO specialized store that also sells individual bricks and older sets. I haven't personally been there yet but I know the owner's son who runs PiiPoo netstore and he has said that there is wide range of products in the store.

Hi, Q! :-) What's with the "odd reasons"? :-P

If, for some odd reason, some EB members should visit Finland and would like to buy some sets, here is some basic information about LEGO situation here:

Major shops:

Large supermarkets and hypermarkets, like, Anttila Prisma and Citymarket have very good stock of the standard LEGO sets. They usually have BIONICLE, Star Wars, City, Castle and Town sets but nothing special like larger TECHNIC sets. It varies alot so if you don't find set on one store, visit another. Prices are around the same no matter which store you visit.

And just in case your visit is limited to downtown Helsinki, I'd recommend the Stockmann department store (biggest in Finland, smack in the middle of the city, and a beautiful building). It has the best selection (also trains, Mindstorms etc.), helpful service, and surprisingly it's often also cheaper than toy stores like BR... Usually some good discounts on older sets. They used to have a small PaB, but now it's gone...

Hi, Q! :-) What's with the "odd reasons"? :-P

And just in case your visit is limited to downtown Helsinki, I'd recommend the Stockmann department store (biggest in Finland, smack in the middle of the city, and a beautiful building). It has the best selection (also trains, Mindstorms etc.), helpful service, and surprisingly it's often also cheaper than toy stores like BR... Usually some good discounts on older sets. They used to have a small PaB, but now it's gone...

Also Kärkkäinen has very cheap lego, I saw Rogue shadow only for 57 e! normal price is 75 e and it's not sale. every legois cheaper here.

Theres also in the UK:

Walmart

Again they seem to get the sets in early and reduce them quickly.

I've lived in England all my life, been all around England and parts of Scotland, and I have never seen a Walmart! Does that mean there are Walmarts in Wales/Ireland?

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Walmart is an American company that bought out our shops called ASDA, so if you have an ASDA then theirs your Walmart.

Walmart is an American company that bought out our shops called ASDA, so if you have an ASDA then theirs your Walmart.

Ahh. That was kinda misleading though. ASDA is quite good for Lego, though I haven't seen any in there for years!

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Hi All.

Wanted to chime in a little bit for the Chicagoland area in the US.

KB TOYS have always been good to me. You have to be patient, but when their stuff drops in price, it is usually pretty good.

TRU and TARGET are ok; nothing exciting to say about those two.

WALMART has never been really good to me, at least not in this area.

LEGO stores are good though, since there are 3 in the area, that makes it kinda nice! Also, I know for a fact that some of the PAB walls are getting restocked with newer stuff. Transperent 1x1 cones, staircases, spruce trees, and all sorts of new stuff, so check them out. Most employees are pretty friendly and accommodating to customers' needs. Plus they have the Loyalty cards which are useful if you are buying a lot of merchandise!

Italy.

Toys center: toy store chain. They have the largest set choice. Trouble is: they know, so they overprice! It seems to be the only place in Italy where you can find AquaRaiders (from January 2008; yes, we are a yer later). 7771 was 9.99, now is 11.99. As for the rest of the line "just imagine...". In Como they still have an old Adventurers set and on old Studios set (1380), still at full price after all these years.

Non-toys store chains: (please keep in mind that some special offers are available to card subscribers only)

Iper: Last Christmas they had a big availabilty AND good prices (with an extra discount, I bought a King Castle's Siege for 50 €uros!). They have some 2008 sets, still a god choice of Impulse (including Knights) for 2.90 €. Earlier today I bought 7733 for 21.90 and 7731 for 5.20. Small racers are 4.90 each. You will hardly find SW, but may still look for some letovers from last year's City sets. Last September they had special offers for Gargoyle bridge (15 €.) and Mistland Tower (25 €.)

Bennet: another place worth a visit on Christmas time. Last year they had the 8102 to 8105 sets priced 9.90. This year is kind of disappointment, the only pro is that they were the first place selling Impulse sets at 2,90. Still have a few left. They had great sales for Vikings (7020 at 16.90) and Batman (Batwing vs. Joker copter for about 35 €.). Also still a few left.

IperCoop: They sell the Creator beach house for 27 €. They also have a city value pack with the new police copter + last year's fire pick-up + 2006 Ambulance; great availability, but price is unknwon (at least, to me). Last time i Checked they had the Police mobile command center at 35 €.

Esselunga: Last Christmas they had 45% off on toys, and that included Lego of course. One month ago I checked my local store and they had N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Well, Xmas is only 7 months away...

Il Gigante: Last year they had the Creator white house at 35 €. And an overpriced 7415 AeroNomad.

In Aus. Myer, Toyworld TRU are the best places to buy lego because it has variety and the prices are about the same. Big W dosnt have as much variety but is deninitely got better and cheaper prices! Target is well...crap! K-mart is pretty god too, it gets quite a few sets early most of the time :thumbup:

my 2 cents :sweet:

In Aus. Myer, Toyworld TRU are the best places to buy lego because it has variety and the prices are about the same. Big W dosnt have as much variety but is deninitely got better and cheaper prices! Target is well...crap! K-mart is pretty god too, it gets quite a few sets early most of the time :thumbup:

my 2 cents :sweet:

Mr.toys toyworld & TRU always have higher prices i think BigW is cheapst but TRU usualy has the best stuff [atleast my local tru]

Mr.toys toyworld & TRU always have higher prices i think BigW is cheapst but TRU usualy has the best stuff [atleast my local tru]

lol umm thats pretty much what I said.. :sceptic:

lol umm thats pretty much what I said.. :sceptic:

You didnt say its more expensive there.....

unless if i miss-read it :blush::look:

I don't know if other EBers would like this but I would find it really useful to know where all LEGO stockists are in other towns but have this indexed by country and county. It would also be useful to get a rough idea of how reasonable the prices are in a particular shop and other info etc.

I recently went to Bournemouth for the weekend and couldn't find a single one except for on the 5th floor of a Beales (expensive department store). There must have been a decent toy shop that I missed! :thumbdown:

I'm going to make a start anyway :classic:

England - Somerset - Yeovil

The Entertainer - Always stocks lots of the latest LEGO but is nearly always overpriced, especially the larger sets.

Denners/Toymaster - A department store but stocks a lot of LEGO and at RRP.

Woolworths - Usually has the latest LEGO but not in huge amounts RRP or lower. See website for more details.

Argos - Has a selected but good range of sets at RRP. See website for more details.

TESCO - Has a selected range usually just City, Star Wars and Creator at RRP or less.

Edited by chris_austin

OK... Salzburg, Austria, Europe...where can I buy LEGO???

Thanx!!

Seeing as I'm from Ireland I surely don't have up to date info but when I was there 18 months ago there were two toy shops on the main shopping street parallel to the river (the one with the discrete McDonalds that is overlooked by the museum built into the cliff - can't remember the name of the street). One stocked some really old sets and if I remember correctly it was on a corner site not far from a main bridge over the river.

If you've hired a car and fancy a drive its a 2 hour drive to Munich where there is a Lego store at Reim Arcaden - easily accessible from the ring road around Munich and Salzburg in particular.

regards

David

Thanx David, I'm going there for a weekend...advent in Salzburg :pir-blush:

Hope I'll find that shop near the river :pir-cry_happy:

If there is someone who can tell me more...please do :pir-sceptic:

Thanx David, I'm going there for a weekend...advent in Salzburg :pir-blush:

Hope I'll find that shop near the river :pir-cry_happy:

If there is someone who can tell me more...please do :pir-sceptic:

There are two toy shops close to the river. I spent the summer in Salzburg and I went to one of them a bunch of times. I can't remember what either shop was called though.

Here's the one I went to: Location of the toy shop.

I was always coming from Linzergasse. If you come from that direction, just cross the bridge, cross the street at the end of the bridge, and go straight down the "street." (It's not a modern street at this point, it's cobblestone) Go only a block (a very short block, 200 feet at most) and turn right. You'll see Getreidegasse, which looks a midieval castle street (it basically is), and has tons of little shops on each side. Go down a block, and a courtyard will open up on the right side. There's some cafe tables and usually a sausage vendor's cart (though this may be different in winter). The toy store will be on the far corner of the courtyard and Getreidegasse. Note that you can't get around in this part of town by car, though you can get close to it. This part of the city is only walking and bikes. This shop had a lot of Lego and a good selection of other stuff too. They had tons of the newest hobby board games (what we would call Euro games in America) which I would have loved, but they were all the German editions, and I don't speak German. (Most of them will probably be released here in a year or two, but in English and twice as expensive...) They also had all the other stuff: traditional board games, normal toys, video games (mostly Wii and DS), etc.

I did see another toy store really close by too, but I never made it in. Second toy shop.

I think the toy store is where I marked the map, but if it isn't, it is definately on that block. It's only like a two minute walk from the first toy shop I pointed out. They had a pretty big window display, and looked bigger than the other place, so it should be easy to find them. I think this is actually the one that David was talking about.

Once you get to the right general area, don't be afraid to ask someone for directions if you can't find one of these places. Most of the locals (and almost everyone working in shops) speaks some English, and everyone I talked to was really friendly.

Also, there are tons of great things to do in Salzburg. Go up to the Fortress. Have a liter of beer at Augustinerbrau. Go to the Trick Fountains at Hellbrunn. There's 10 more great things I didn't list for each of the ones I did. Take advantage of your time there.

Edited by Dr Lucky