This is my fourth free-build this month, and I am Eslandian.

No sooner had Guy and his Uncle landed in Bardo, than they headed off to see the new house Guy's Uncle had arranged.

To say the least, it wasn't quite what Guy had expected.

25556321634_04c3bf3533.jpg

"What's this?"

"Your new house."

"What?!?"

"Your new house."

"You've got to be kidding me."

26068628432_d2078c914c.jpg

"Well, nephew, step in!" Guy's Uncle pulled back the leaves covering the entrance. "As a house warming gift - a turkey dinner!"

Guy just gaped at the opening as Elaine stepped out to welcome him.

"What on earth is going on here, Aunt?"

"What? - haven't you realized yet? It's April Fools!"

"April Fools! I should have known. Goodness, Uncle, did you take a ship all the way back to Terreli just for an April Fools joke?!:

"Never can pass up on a good one."

Guy glanced at Elaine, who smiled and shrugged.

"Well!" Uncle ejaculated. "Let's start up on that pie!"

25556339664_f8ed7278fa.jpg

Later:

"So... I'm ready to see my real house now."

"Real house? Oh. We don't have that yet."

"What?"

Elaine smiled. "You're young. You can camp out."

"Uh... what about you two?"

"We're staying over with the mayor," Guy's Uncle replied.

"Speaking of which," Elaine added, "we had better head on over. Aren't we supposed to be there for a rear supper at eight o'clock?"

"Indeed! Goodbye, nephew!"

"Wait! - wait! What about me?..."

"Sleeping bags are behind the chimney, Guy," Elaine called out as they walked off.

Another shot of the interior!

25558433723_babb79b4ac.jpg

Comments are appreciated as always! This was a lot of fun! :pir-grin:

haha! I'd scanned the pics earlier, but did not have time to read the story, but now that I have it all makes sense. Neat little build, I like the little wood burner. Looks like a pretty nice spot to camp, I look forward to seeing Guy's actual house.

Edit: Corrington Approved :thumbup:... oops missed that bit before....

Edited by BrickOn

April Fool's day! I totally forgot about that. Nice build and fun story, that turkey makes my mouth water. Although the Uncle's line seems to be 'We don't have a house for you, sleep outside; April Fool! But we don't have a house for you, sleep outside: not April Fool!'

Clever little build. It actually doesn't look like a bad place provided the weather is nice. At least he'll be well-fed and has a few birds to keep him company. And the on/off/on April Fool's joke is pretty good. Keep it up.

Approved by leadership. :thumbup:

Hilarious. This uncle has to be the most iconic figure in BoBS already. Please never let sth. bad happen to him.

Hah! An April's Fools that ends up not actually being a an April's fools - as he will actually have to live there...

I do hope there is a large inheritance in store from that Uncle, considering what Guy has to put up with! pirate_tong.gif

Thank you everyone!

April Fool's day! I totally forgot about that. Nice build and fun story, that turkey makes my mouth water. Although the Uncle's line seems to be 'We don't have a house for you, sleep outside; April Fool! But we don't have a house for you, sleep outside: not April Fool!'

That's Uncle. pirate_laugh2.gif

Thanks!

Clever little build. It actually doesn't look like a bad place provided the weather is nice. At least he'll be well-fed and has a few birds to keep him company. And the on/off/on April Fool's joke is pretty good. Keep it up.

Approved by leadership. :thumbup:

Thanks Captain Dee!

Hilarious. This uncle has to be the most iconic figure in BoBS already. Please never let sth. bad happen to him.

pirate_laugh_new.gif If something bad happened to Uncle, he would just hang the bad stuff from a palm tree and keep on going. pir_laugh2.gif