Sign in to follow this  
Sir Stig

[ESL-FB3 March] Town Hall of Bardo

This is my 3rd FB, so Approvals from Corrington, Oleon and Sea Rats is most welcome.

The Musician Fair had been a success in all regards, except for the garden in front of the Town Hall. The Town Hall was situated close to the northeast dock entrance, and was Victor Servadacs most elaborate building so far, closely followed by the restoration work on the church.

25556623414_0927b70463_z.jpg

Colonel Oystridge was looking forward to greeting people here. Lanterns makes it cozy to work long hours. And the flags are finally starting to appear.

25888505250_5644e32fdb_z.jpg

The 1st floor is packed with influences Victor gathered from Oleon architecture, but not without an Eslandolan twist.

25556624014_794d9d848c_z.jpg

The door, made of sturdy wood from Salida Este, gives off a solid and pleasant knocking sound. And a fountain is situated in front of the building. Perfect for cooling down after some hard weeks of binge drinking singing and dancing.

26068920842_0f92981ddb_z.jpg

The inside is ready to be filled with furniture.

26095035251_f8848ec4f2_z.jpg

There was even some spoils left after the fair.

25888505090_c712f5a8c1_z.jpg

Edited by Sir Stig

Very nice architecture here with the windows and rooftop! Nice to see Bardo expand!

:thumbup: from leadership.

Very nice detailed architecture, and landscaping! Like your textile factory, you have a flair for functionally ornate buildings. Bardo is looking good.

And for a second I thought it was the Colonel in the fountain. Whew!

That is quite a lovely facade! Now on to the rest of the building! pirate_wink.gif

What a brilliant facade of a house, the best we have seen to date in BoBS - now please go ahead and build the rest of it! Please!

Great looking townhall! Bardo must be more than the frontier settlement I took it for! :pir-blush:

I particularly like the detialing around upper and lower windows - very well done!

Edit: Approved by Corrington

Edited by Bregir

Approval from Corrington thumbup.gif

To Mr Servadacs, gentleman architect of Bardo

Dated this 2nd day of April in the 616th year After Empire

Port Raleigh

Sir, today the mail packet Tumbler arrived here at Port Raleigh, whereby a friend had sent me the recent engravings made by Mr Hollar of your church and town hall at Bardo. I am writing to complement you on your excellent work, especially the town hall. It is splendid to see some work in the Classical style, so much more elegant and fitting for civic functions than the raw barbarism of so much vernacular building. My own architectural career has barely begun, but in the months ahead I hope I can create some modest buildings here in Port Raleigh which may be deemed both elegant and useful. As I do so, I will take much inspiration from the engravings of your work.

I am, sir, your humble admirer and eager student, John Hawksbrugh

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

Approval from Corrington :thumbup: (one of the last to be given I guess)

Town hall looks great, love all the details.

The garden in front really sets the whole thing off, nice job!

Very nice facade! I've been struggling with one myself for a while so I know that it takes quite a lot of work to do only one side of a building too...

Approval from Oleon! :thumbup:

This is just beatiful. That level of detail shows every visitor the tremendous wealth of your colony. I especially love the use of the grill tiles, works perfectly. Ant cheers for that doorhandle!

That's a very nice facade!

Very nice architecture here with the windows and rooftop! Nice to see Bardo expand!

thumbup.gif from leadership.

Very nice detailed architecture, and landscaping! Like your textile factory, you have a flair for functionally ornate buildings. Bardo is looking good.

And for a second I thought it was the Colonel in the fountain. Whew!

Oh waw, lovely facade! default_wubnew.gif i really like it

Approval from Corrington thumbup.gif

Beautiful town hall!

thumbup.gif from Corrington

Great looking townhall! Bardo must be more than the frontier settlement I took it for! pirate_blush.gif

I particularly like the detialing around upper and lower windows - very well done!

Edit: Approved by Corrington

Approval from Corrington thumbup.gif (one of the last to be given I guess)

Town hall looks great, love all the details.

The garden in front really sets the whole thing off, nice job!

Thank you for all the praise. Bardo have been around for over 50 years, but word about it's exotic beauty have reached the mainland just recently. so the time is ripe for it to grow ;)

That is quite a lovely facade! Now on to the rest of the building! :pir-wink:

What a brilliant facade of a house, the best we have seen to date in BoBS - now please go ahead and build the rest of it! Please!

Very nice facade! I've been struggling with one myself for a while so I know that it takes quite a lot of work to do only one side of a building too...

Approval from Oleon! thumbup.gif

Thank you, and it is nice that the amount of work that goes into planning, building and revising a detailed facade gets recognition. In my city layout this will be one of the buildings furthest to the back wall, so it is cut short at 5-6 studs depth.

After dismantling some other builds, however, I think I may have enough to add a bit more depth and remove some improvised solutions. I want this to be a part of my permanent setup, with pizza parlor style open back. So I will finish the interior, Hopefully this month.

Approval from Corrington :thumbup:

To Mr Servadacs, gentleman architect of Bardo

Dated this 2nd day of April in the 616th year After Empire

Port Raleigh

Sir, today the mail packet Tumbler arrived here at Port Raleigh, whereby a friend had sent me the recent engravings made by Mr Hollar of your church and town hall at Bardo. I am writing to complement you on your excellent work, especially the town hall. It is splendid to see some work in the Classical style, so much more elegant and fitting for civic functions than the raw barbarism of so much vernacular building. My own architectural career has barely begun, but in the months ahead I hope I can create some modest buildings here in Port Raleigh which may be deemed both elegant and useful. As I do so, I will take much inspiration from the engravings of your work.

I am, sir, your humble admirer and eager student, John Hawksbrugh

To Mr John Hawksbrugh, Port Raleigh

Nothing pleases me more than when young, promising architects such as yourself, gets inspiration from my work. You have a keen eye for building styles, I can tell. I personally like variety in building styles in a city, so one may walk through different eras and places on a single afternoon stroll. A well planned city, especially one of a particular style, does have a tendency to be remembered more distinctly by vacationers. Then each build works as a part of a whole, but fewer builds stand out. There are many good ways to build a city, it all depends on your desires. I guess the most important aspect is to look at what materials are available in the vicinity, and base most of your build on those. Fine details, such as Salleek marble, may be ordered to accentuate your build without costing a fortune in shipping. In my past I traveled the world, and to me it is those lasting impressions that I now want to recreate, while making the expression my own. A word of advice, don't think to much about the end result. Have fun and play around with different techniques, and each build will be better than the last one. Looking at other builders work, will from time to time set a mark on your own flair. I wish you luck in your chosen career path. I insist you send me some engravings of some of your buildings. It will be a delight to see your work. If you want to have a look at some of the architects of old, that have inspired me, and keep inspiring me to this very day, I suggest you visit the Museum of Architecture in Terreli. (My Flickr Favorites)

with the utmost gratitude, Victor Servadac

This is a lovely facade with enough architectural elements to keep the eye busy for some time. White is a good color choice, especially for that setting, and those windows look nice too. The courtyard looks perhaps a little rough but the fountain is a nice central feature. Overall this makes a very nice town hall.