Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #149: Cleaning Out the Pipes

Ezeran massages his temple and turns to Petaldan. "Let's divide that gold and get back to the hall. I need some mulled wine to get over this

... Failure."

"Aye. I'm sure it's been a rough day for all of us. Do you guys want these back?" Hunkan takes off his goggles and unstraps Daugslyr.

Marco Malfron and Volatio the Jinn is what they called themselves, if I recall correctly.

heroicanpc-alphonsecula.jpg

"Thank you. The Mathked Man will be very interethted."

OoC: Saw the shrinking coming.

"Yes, that is what they called themselves. Is the portal still there?

"Vhen I pulled your companionth out, I did noth thee anything or anyone elthe. If there wath a portal it wath clothed."

"Aye. I'm sure it's been a rough day for all of us. Do you guys want these back?" Hunkan takes off his goggles and unstraps Daugslyr.

"Feel free to keep the gloveth and goggleth, ve've got plenty around here."

Ezeran raises one eyebrow and looks at the Satyr. "What are you going to do if it is? Chase through it and and give them a lesson in work ethics?"

"I said killing them was out of bounds. Not even I'm crazy enough to say what they've should go unpunished, though." Edited by Rider Raider

"Dr. Cula, I have to wonder if you knew or not, but there seemed to be an awful lot of life in your machine. There was even a salamander polluting the air. I can't help but worry that whatever tonics the machine is processing will be horribly corrupted..."

I hand everyone his 50 gold. Though I feel my smiling face clouds a little bit when I hear that my reputation with the Guild was not being boosted.

Kid wakes up coughing.

We had them. They had no where to go, and we could have taken them easily. What the hell happened? Where'd they go?

Edited by dum

"Dr. Cula, I have to wonder if you knew or not, but there seemed to be an awful lot of life in your machine. There was even a salamander polluting the air. I can't help but worry that whatever tonics the machine is processing will be horribly corrupted..."

"Like I thaid, alchemy hath many mystherieth. The elementalth actually help vith the production, their byproductth are key to it'th thutheth. Now unleth you have any other quethtionth, I need to inform the Mathked Man of our lotheth, feel free to leave if you with."

Party's Final Stats:

19745451253_0970632efb_m.jpg Ezeran Yavarr (MysticModulus)

42 year old male human Mage

Level 14 *Immune to wood* *Enemies that hits Ezeran becomes slowed* *Absorbs Darkness*

Power Bonus: 0 (Spellpower: +2)

Defense: 3

Health: 18/18

Ether: 2/18

Gold: 200

Equipment: Ancient Sapphamber Staff (WP:8, doubled against Ancient enemies, Wind-elemental; staff), Sneezing Demon (SP:2; enemies that hit the wearer become slowed; immunity to wood; suitable to Ezeran only; bodywear.), Hood of the Elementalist (SP:1, *Absorbs darkness*; headwear, suitable to anyone),

Inventory: Ebony Scorpion Dagger (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; dagger), Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Remedy X3, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Pick Axe, ), Ruby, Trickster’s Baubel (WP:5, each hit causes one random effect: stunned, poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed or confused; wand)

photo-thumb-43982.jpg?_r=1438604472Torald Waruelf (Alfadas)

20 year old male human Barbarian

Level 11.5

Power Bonus: 7

Defense: 3

Health: 20/20

Gold: 276

Equipment: Sludge Glaive (WP:8, pierces defense and causes either fragile or weakened; halberd), Tricorne (SP:3, headwear; suitable to anyone). Fighting Boots (Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, vindicators and winged warriors; footwear.)

Inventory: , Old and Rusty Greatsword (WP: 3), 4 Potions, Mead X7, Phoenix essence, Tiger Balm, , 2 Venom, Crocodile Belt (Max. Health +2; accessory.), Fire Bomb, Ebony Scorpion Spear (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; spear), Spark Hammer (WP: 8 Lightning & Wood elemental Hammer. Double WP against flying and mechanical),

22476602193_881303c9d6_q.jpg Hunkan Silvertoss (BountyBeast)

53 year old male dwarf Rogue *Immune to Blinded*

Level 7

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 13/13

Gold: 228

Equipment: Goggles (Provides immunity to Blinded effect, Headwear)

Inventory: Potion, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum, Longsword (WP: 3), Remedy, Fire Bomb

reddson.JPG Kid Reddson (dum)

19 Male Human (1/4 Leprechaun) Ranger *Immune to Poisoned & Bleeding*

Level 5

Health: 10/10

Equipment: Crossbow (WP 3), Sterile Gloves (Grants Immunity to Poisoned and Bleeding effects, Handwear)

Inventory: 3 Smoke Bomb, 2 Potion, Phoenix Essence, Bed Roll, Venom, Fire Bomb

petaldan_parfenius.jpg Paladin Petaldan Parfenius (Played by Palathadric) *Party Leader*

5-year-old male "wonder" Knight *Immune to Stunned, Bound, and Petrified*

Level 11.5

Defense: 2

Health: 22/22

Equipment: Slimy Sword (WP:10, can be split into several weaker Slimy Swords or combined with other Slimy Swords to increase WP and split apart again at any time, longsword), Gloves of the Boy Wonder (SP:2; immunity to *Stunned*, *Bound*, and *Petrified*; suitable to Petaldan only; handwear), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles; accessory.)

Inventory: 4 Potion, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Emerald, Fire Bomb, Shield (SP: 5; Shield), Brine Blade (WP: 5, 1/6 chance to trigger a Flood (see Weather Mage) when dealing damage, Longsword), Daugslyr (WP: 5; Longsword),

kPVrvtt.jpgTimothy Evergreen (Rider Raider)

23 year old male satyr Cleric

Level 4

Health: 12/12

Ether: 1/7

Defense: 0

Gold: 200 (3 owed to Monk Pretzel)

Equipment: Magma Maul (WP: 5, 1/6 chance to trigger an Inferno (see Weather Mage) when dealing damage, Hammer)

Inventory: Potion, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Broomstick (WP: 3 Broom)

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Kid wakes up coughing.

We had them. They had no where to go, and we could have taken them easily. What the hell happened? Where'd they go?

"They knocked us out and fled through the portal. We would have been able to stop them if somebody hadn't deserted us." Hunkan briefly glares at Petaldan and Tim. "But at least the device is working again, so it wasn't a complete failure. Also, you can keep those gloves if you want."

Ezeran nods towards the doctor. "A pleasure, as always serving the guild." He then turns to Torald. "The next drink is on me old friend, let's meet up in the hall!" Ezeran gives the others a slight nod. The symbiont gnarls at Petaldan and Tim as Ezeran departs for the hall.

Aye. I'm going to get a well deserved drink at the hall. Torald bids goodbye to the others.

Hunkan leaves the laboratory without saying goodbye. While walking through the hallway he stops, pulls out his new goggles, and looks at them. "That wasn't so bad." He smiles, puts them back in his pocket, and exits the guild hall.

Kid figures he might as well go back to the hall and drink until he forgets the entirety of this quest.

Take care of Sudz, Alphy.

Kid returns to the hall.

The heroes depart for the hall as Dr. Cula bids them goodbye.

~ Epilogue ~

In a back office of the Guild of Invision two shadowed figures sit deep in discussion.

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg

“…it was bound to happen eventually.”

“Underthtandable, but it meanth they’ve achieved thome themblanthe of independenthe. Our grip ith loothening.”

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg

“Then we will need to accelerate our other projects in order to tighten it. How is the leech coming along?”

“It ith almotht ready; ve thimply need a tetht thubject. Thith Marco fellow vould have been perfect, but unfortunately he ethcaped.”

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg

“Don’t worry Alphonse, you put enough honey in a trap eventually the fly will return. You will have opportunity enough very soon...”

QM Note: Thanks to everyone for such a fantastic quest. Feel free to post any feedback, comments, or criticism in the QM Lounge.

Edited by Waterbrick Down