just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

it would be nice, but im going to be happy to get anything.

has there ever been an open umbrella mould? just thinking of mary poppins and how it would be nice if she had an open one to do the floating scene. :D

They just use a 3x3 dish piece.

There has been a specific mold for it, but it was around 5x5 and way too big for normal minifigs. I believe it was used moreso as the kind of umbrella you see attached to a patio table, and it very well may have only been made in pink. (That's all I've seen it in).

They used to use the 4x4 dish, which was decent, but yeah more recently I've seen the 3x3. I don't think either works amazingly--something in between would be better, so if we do get Jane or Poppins or anyone with an umbrella a new mold would be preferable. Though unfortunately they'd be plenty likely to just give them two 1x1 cones as a closed umbrella.

Edited by JaseTJ

So we're thinking no Beast and no Sulley. But there are rumors of more than 1 "creature" minifigure. I'm guessing one is Stitch. Who else?

With all the rumours pointing out that there will be a Genie and Jafar. Maybe Jafar will have his 'red genie-form'; to save on some potentially new molds.

Return-jafar-disneyscreencaps_com-2361.jpg

Edited by Cammo

With all the rumours pointing out that there will be a Genie and Jafar; maybe Jafar will have his 'red genie-form

While yeah it's possible, I'd say unlikely. Plus in my opinion that would be a huge let down.

While yeah it's possible, I'd say unlikely. Plus in my opinion that would be a huge let down.

I actually really like Jafar's Genie form. And it would fit with earlier speculation of the series being themed around heroes and villains.

Mickey and his friends should count as creatures, I would think.

But if you mean monster type creatures, I have no guess.

That's a good point. I hadn't considered that the Mickey posse would be creatures. Now I'm disappointed, I was hoping for something different.

That's a good point. I hadn't considered that the Mickey posse would be creatures. Now I'm disappointed, I was hoping for something different.

I could be wrong. They are oddly anthropomorphized animals, so perhaps they were not the "Creatures" spoken of.

As far as possible Disney creatures there are just so many to choose from, off the top of my head I'd love to see Tick-Tock the croc alongside Pan and Hook!

Having LEGO Disney characters would be great, though if they're doing Inside out I hope that they only choose one or two characters and not the entire or most of the lineup.

I actually really like Jafar's Genie form. And it would fit with earlier speculation of the series being themed around heroes and villains.

You know they are the same character right? A villain isn't defined by what they look like so a regular Jafar would fit just as well. It would be like getting Bartman before Bart. Sure it's arguably cooler, but not what I think of when I hear Bart. in the original Aladdin you see see the genie form for less than a minute. I think it only gets a few shots in while he looks like Jafar through out the whole movie. I'm not saying I don't like his Genie form I'm saying I'd rather get the proper Jafar before a variant.

Would the trumpet playing Crocodile/ Aligator be a candidate for "creature" type minifigs? I can't remember his name but he was the one of the best characters in the Princess and the Frog along with Dr. Facilier.

You know they are the same character right? A villain isn't defined by what they look like so a regular Jafar would fit just as well. It would be like getting Bartman before Bart. Sure it's arguably cooler, but not what I think of when I hear Bart. in the original Aladdin you see see the genie form for less than a minute. I think it only gets a few shots in while he looks like Jafar through out the whole movie. I'm not saying I don't like his Genie form I'm saying I'd rather get the proper Jafar before a variant.

Would the trumpet playing Crocodile/ Aligator be a candidate for "creature" type minifigs? I can't remember his name but he was the one of the best characters in the Princess and the Frog along with Dr. Facilier.

I think what he meant was that since Genie was confirmed, a Genie Jafar would make sense as a villain. If Aladdin was confirmed, regular Jafar would make sense. At least that's how I read it.

I wouldn't think any crocodile / aligator would be creature minifigures, only because they are animals. Stitch is a creature that is also humanoid, and I'd expect something like that (which is why I was thinking about Beast or Sulley, but it doesn't look like we're going to get them).

Louis, the alligator. I wouldn't expect him. I could see Dr. Facilier, and / or Tiana.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Hold up - why in the world would we get a genie form? I've never even heard or seen that (I haven't really watched most classic Disney films but still) but I'm pretty sure that's not qualified to take a slot. Jafar himself, sure, but not his genie version.

With all the rumours pointing out that there will be a Genie and Jafar. Maybe Jafar will have his 'red genie-form'; to save on some potentially new molds.

Return-jafar-disneyscreencaps_com-2361.jpg

Nah, that won't happen. I've seen that before, but it's not recognized as much as regular Jefar.

I wouldn't think any crocodile / aligator would be creature minifigures, only because they are animals. Stitch is a creature that is also humanoid, and I'd expect something like that (which is why I was thinking about Beast or Sulley, but it doesn't look like we're going to get them).

Yeah fair enough. Just thought of him because he is animated to stand and walk/ use his hands like a human, but I think I agree.

Yeah fair enough. Just thought of him because he is animated to stand and walk/ use his hands like a human, but I think I agree.

I think there is every chance we could get a croc/alligator minifig is upright position, although I would prefer the Beast if I had to choose.

Well yeah, but Jafar takes the Genie form when he is tricked by the Genie to wish for it.

Jafar in Genie form would work, Alexandre Boudon produced this a few years back, the good genie has already been produced, it's whether TLG want to save 'Evil Genie' in a future CMF series or not.

Genies

The point is, Jafar's genie form is not what you think of when you hear "Jafar". It's not nearly iconic enough to take precedence over his chancellor form.

The point is, Jafar's genie form is not what you think of when you hear "Jafar". It's not nearly iconic enough to take precedence over his chancellor form.

I agree, then TLG can use the evil genie as a CMF, as Jafar was so tall and thin I'm interested in seeing how he turns out.