just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

About the Woody legs: I believe Disney owns the rights to that specific mold set.

I think that's unlikely because that piece is quite generic: they are just elongated regular LEGO legs. It's not like Darth Vader's helmet or Tonto's hairpiece.

I'm expecting characters that will be recognizable. So Pete would probably be out, since only AFOLs would have a clue who he is. Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, and Goofy have a chance, though. In future series, it would be cool to see retro designs of the Mouses, though!

If we do get some villains, I'd guess at either form of the Evil Queen (i'd prefer the Old Hag), Ursula, Hades, Captain Hook, Maleficent, and maaaaaybe Dr. Facilier.

I won't be surprised if we only see the more colorful villains, as I'm doubtful that people would race to find a Lady Tremaine minifigure.

I hope they won't be minidolls, minfigures are far better detailed and expressive, not to mention micro dolls are completely out of scale with minfigures. As much as there may be many Disney princesses in movies, Disney movies are popular amongst boys and girls. I would think Disney would not be pleased if Lego catered only to female fans with this line of figures considering they have always prided themselves on making films that appeal to both genders.

I think you're kinda missing the point. Although the princess-related stories aim more at girls, we would have to remember that they're still part of the Disney films. The thing we care is whether we would get repetitive characters from the possible CMF series.

I personally think Disney Inifinity series show a good job how exteremly girls-oriented characters can be put with hero guys in bot physical toys and non-physical videogame characters. But when coming to LEGO, by the same standard of Disney Infinity, it'd be better if all figures are in the exact same type. And as many replies show, I'm afraid most FOLs wouldn't likely choose minidolls between the two options. Even without a possible CMF series, we have got other Disney/Pixar "minifigures" themes before, the problem already existed ever since Disney Princess came out as a minidoll theme. As long as Disney Princess don't do minifigures, we could never see a LEGO version of Disney Infinity collection. :sceptic:

I agree with the point that princess's better stay in their own theme. But since the figure issue is still a grey zone, the answer is not a clear "no" as much as asking for Woody and Jack Sparrow in the CMF list.

Sigh, I'm getting tired of this argument. Minidolls are only used in products aimed at little girls. CMFs are usually aimed at all ages and genders. Why would these be any different? And why would they want to rehash the minidolls? That would just encourage people not to buy the Disney Princess sets and to just buy the blind bags instead. It would make much more sense to make them minifigs as that would offer something new and appeal to everyone. Not to mention that there are many characters that would just not work as minidolls.

Nope. This is all pure speculation based on J2G's word who confirmed that he was serious about it over a month ago. For all we know, this could all still turn out to be the world's longest running April Fools joke, but J2G has never been wrong so far, so I hope not. Who knows, maybe this rumor of a Dinsey CMF line is referring to the Palace Pets sets. :cry_sad:

I think the previous reply was probably about introducing characters we've not seen in regular sets, so that's not really rehashing.

If I have to find a reason that would not be very true, the thing I'm concerned is that Disney's cooperation with LEGO isn't really consistent these years, probably after LEGO launch their TLM advertising business with Warner Bros. Introducing a full line of Disney characters would likely ensure a possible advertising of more Disney things in future LEGO mediawork, but I'm not really sure if LEGO can handle both side well, assuming that we'll never see WB properties and Disney characters appear in the same ad.....

Disney Infinity can be seen as a direct competitor of Lego Dimensions. I believe to avoid all confusion, this series will likely avoid all human, or human type (Toy Story), characters.

The current roster of the Mickey Clubhouse show includes Pete, Mortimer, Prof. VonDrake, and Clarabelle.

Chip and Dale have shown up in the show, but they wouldn't be much in scale unless they were microfigs, and in that case they would probably come with Donald. On the other hand, this could be more about the character representations at the Disney parks (I believe I speculated this before). In that case, Chip and Dale could be fig sized, and have their own bags.

I would hope to get Pluto as a fully articulated figure, similar to the classic monkey. Lego failed to do this with Scooby-Doo, but I live in hope.

That sounds harsh :look: . Well the truth is that girls do enjoy adventure sometimes and that's why there are Elves and Friends Jungle.

Well again, that's back to the basic debate whether minidoll and minifigures could share a theme or have to conflict with each other. Now the Princess line is tricky: they don't have minifigures indeed but having any princess in the CMF line (if possible) could also waste a chance for more non-princess characters.

I can understand the strategy that introducing Disney Villains in the CMF series so that kids can decide if they want to add them to Princess sets or not. Not a bad move, but if they're not the same type of figure, the visual issue would emerge (Jafar is shorter than Jasmine??? :wacko: ). The perfect result is to make Princess's stay in their own theme and introduce minifigures versions in some sets, but not sure if that can happen anytime soon.

While CMF series mean to introduce more diversitile molds, minidolls have really been lacking most molds (armors, kid's body) which minifigures already have for years, that means blind bags can help them out a lot. But not sure if CMD blind bag series do have a big market. Sadly, I don't think the original CMF collectors would have the same passion for CMD series at this point since LEGO don't really do a good job in advertising.

There was a DC SuperGirls theme announced that is rumored to have minidolls, so I guess it is feasible for a theme to share minidolls and Minifigs. Disney Princesses? I doubt it. But a new Disney line? I can see it sharing minidolls and Minifigs...

I don't think they will release minifigures based on characters from upcoming movies like Woody or The Incredibles

Edited by Robert8

This was on the S15 thread, confirming that at least a few DAC characters will be in the series!

Went into my local toystore today asking when the Halloween figures are out. The woman who owns the store had just spoken to the Lego rep.. She told me that the next series of CMF's is Disney characters and she's looking forward to the Peter Pan figure.

There was a DC SuperGirls theme announced that is rumored to have minidolls, so I guess it is feasible for a theme to share minidolls and Minifigs. Disney Princesses? I doubt it. But a new Disney line? I can see it sharing minidolls and Minifigs...

Not sure. If that works then it would be that most themes would accept both figures, even within the Superheroes not just for a SuperGirls branch. For now I think LEGO would stick to just one figure representation in a single theme. Unless LEGO can do both figures for one character, which is the feasible solution.

I don't they will release minifigures based on characters from upcoming movies like Woody or The Incredibles

In that case, I expect to see regular sets instead if they're predicted to be big hits.

Winnie the Pooh has actually been in LEGO several times, as it happens.

So that would be another question if characters made in Duplo before would also have a chance, or they're considered to be for very young kids.

And since every popular Disney franchise contain more than four classic characters (Mickey, Winnie, Incredibles), if Disney CMF in ensured, that almost means there would be more than one series...... only if it comes true. :grin:

Edited by Dorayaki

Not a big Peter Pan fan but I'm interested in seeing how his fig turns out. I assume if these guys come with accessories his will be a knife. It would be cool though if they made Tink into a trophy though!

Peter Pan would be pretty awesome.

I'm hoping for some Wonderland characters. Seeing how the sequel to that terrible Burton version of Alice is coming next year I wouldn't be surprised to see at least Alice and the Mad Hatter (Hopefully 1951 versions).

I'd be happy to get any form of the Mad Hatter, since the DC theme hasn't delivered.

I'd also love a Mary Poppins minifigure, especially if we get a proper umbrella mold!

Edited by 8BrickMario

If we get Peter, we would need Hook? - I would really want him anyway...

Im thinking we'll get Mickey, Donald, Goofy and the like.

No on Disney princesses since they're in minidoll form. Same with their villains.

It's kind of hard to say since theres so many characters they could do, but I'd like to think they would do the more "classic" characters first.

I'm not that excited about it, mind you. Disney is not my thing. Similar to the Simpons figures, I'll only get them if they have good parts.

This was on the S15 thread, confirming that at least a few DAC characters will be in the series!

Ooh! Finally something more to go on! :excited: Pan is a logical choice considering he has a live-action movie coming up. I agree that he will come with a knife, Tink, or both, although I could still see them giving Tink her own minifigure considering her popularity. I hope Peter gets a new hat/hair mold. Personally, I'm not very interested in this particular character, but the fact that they seem to be doing characters from the classic animated movies is very exciting!

Been following this for a while, but finally joined Eurobricks to put in my two cents here.

I think we'll see lots of classic, non-Princess figures at least while the Princess minidolls are around.

My guesses?

Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie are shoe-ins. And I feel like it'd only be right if Mickey came with a pluto accessory. I mean, the Simpsons minifigure series gave us the whole family each time.

Winnie the Pooh (with the bumblee girl's honey pot?) and Tigger (with the tiger girl's new tail piece)

My guess, like others' is that it'll be focused on classics. Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. Hook's a possibility, too. I could see Tinkerbell being a full-scale figure, given that she has her own line of movies. Alice and the Mad Hatter would be great choices. Baloo and Mowgli? Cruella? Pinocchio? Scrooge McDuck? Robin Hood?

It's also Disneyland's 60th anniversary this year. It'd be interesting if they do a set like the Disneyland castle to go along with this series. It'd make sense, then, that they make this line of figures more like the theme park representation. All in the same scale, despite the character. Which opens it up to a minifig Pluto, Chip, and Dale. If that's the case, though (and this is all wishful thinking), I'd love a normal boy and girl with a mickey balloon and mickey ears accessories! And if it was park-focused, it'd be cool to get representations of different rides (hitchhiking ghost from haunted mansion or a pirate from pirates of the caribbean or a skipper from the jungle cruise or a country bear).

But, obviously, this is all just speculation on my part. I've never been so interested in seeing a lego series before, though!

I'd expect Tinkerbell to be a minifigure of her own, since she could reuse Cinderella's hair.

Someday I'd like to see some theme park characters (i. e. Haunted Mansion). But for now, it seems like we'll get at least three series of Disney films/cartoons to cover the basics.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Pluto would have to be separate fig. And now that they've done Scooby Doo, they have the almost perfect body mold for him. They'd just have to change the tail part (which may be tricky since his is so slender) and then mold a new head for him. I just hope Minnie comes with Figaro!

If they were gunna use Scooby's mold, they wouldn't change the tail. A new head on the other hand would be perfectly plausible, considering Scoob's is a separate piece.

I doubt they'll do just classic, though. A mix of new and old is what I'd guess, considering they always like to push their current franchises. In that sense, it seems as though even classic characters aren't half as likely unless they're in some current media as well. They've done quite well with their Tinker Bell movies as far as I can tell (they keep making them...) and apparently they're making another live action Pan film, so those two seem pretty likely.

With the Beauty & the Beast film coming in a year or two, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some of them in this series or if they have a second series... Then again, they'll probably just do a couple of Princess sets for that. They haven't done Beauty & the Beast at all, and it's one of the more popular princess movies, so maybe they've just been waiting for this live one...

I'd be happy if Peter Pan, Tink and Captain Hook were all included.

I'm most pleased that, if the rumour/report about Peter Pan is correct, then it indicates that there will at least be some classic Disney characters included in the series.

I would be over the moon if there was a Disneyland Castle released as a tie-in with this line. Of course, if we got Sleeping Beauty's castle, then I would pretty much want ALL of Main Street, especially the Fire Station with Walt Disney's apartment above it, the Disneyland Railroad (with Lily Belle) and maybe even some of the Magic Kingdom rides which could work in Lego form (e.g Dumbo, Astro Orbiters, Mad Tea Party, Mickey's House, etc).

Basically, my excitement for "Disney" related Lego knows no bounds.

I don't know the history of the Disney Princess minidoll line, but I really hope that it doesn't mean that the Princess and related characters, particularly their villains, cannot be released in minifigure format.