just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Pluto is my favorite from the Mickey and Friends gang, so I hope he does get included. I would imagine it would be in the same way as Santa's Little Helper, because making animals like Pluto, the Dalmations, Lady and the Tramp, etc as Minifigures would be ridiculous.

Pluto is my favorite from the Mickey and Friends gang, so I hope he does get included. I would imagine it would be in the same way as Santa's Little Helper, because making animals like Pluto, the Dalmations, Lady and the Tramp, etc as Minifigures would be ridiculous.

Let's shall not forget those badly-treated Disney animals from Disney Princess sets, starting with Bruno. :tongue:

But these examples remind me one thing: some of the Disney films majorly focus on animals, and it's hard to imagine that the animals would go with their human companions who appear less as major Disney stars (Roger, Mrs Darling... etc). Do CMF series give them advantages?

I hope they make Dash,Mike or Sulley

Monsters come with many different sizes and I'm not very sure if CMF series are their chances. Sadly LEGO missed to do the prequel, anyway. Edited by Dorayaki

I would imagine that movies based on animals, like the ones I mentioned above, would not be included in a CMF series, for the reasons you mentioned above. These series are for minifigures, and if the humanoid characters aren't important or interesting, I doubt we'll see the animals in a CMF series. We can still hope, though, and we can hope for later sets to include them.

As for the Monsters, I'm really hoping for a Sulley. He is one of my favorite Disney characters.

Taken from the CMF 15 thread, this mop head (expected with the Concierge) could be used with a Cinderella in rags minifigure:

TB2NztzhpXXXXcsXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1582685776.jpg_620x10000.jpg

Edited by x105Black

Taken from the CMF 15 thread, this mop head (expected with the Concierge) could be used with a Cinderella in rags minifigure:

It would be pretty neat if this series included both variations of Cinderella.

I could see this broom being used with a Fantasia Mickey. When I first saw it that was what I thought of anyways as the piece seems to be able to stand on it's own.

I would imagine that movies based on animals, like the ones I mentioned above, would not be included in a CMF series, for the reasons you mentioned above. These series are for minifigures, and if the humanoid characters aren't important or interesting, I doubt we'll see the animals in a CMF series. We can still hope, though, and we can hope for later sets to include them.

Offtopic part: seeing that LEGO begin to do some sets featuring animals for Friends ad Palace Pets, I think licensed animal sets have a good future. Aristocats, Fox&Hound, Lady&Tramp, Bambi.... etc, all sound like good references for animal sets. LEGO don't have to do human characters which cannot appeal the kids. If so, Disney animal stars don't have to participate in CMF series.

Back to CMFs, the possible teams are still Mickey&Pluto, Bolt&Penny, and perhaps Cruella&Patch, considering that Cruella is such an iconic Disney Villain in all franchises (sorry Roger :tongue: ),

As for the Monsters, I'm really hoping for a Sulley. He is one of my favorite Disney characters.
Me too, but I'm not liking another Stay Puft Marshmallow Chibi. Edited by Dorayaki

I could see this broom being used with a Fantasia Mickey. When I first saw it that was what I thought of anyways as the piece seems to be able to stand on it's own.

Agreed, that's what I first thought of when I saw it too. I think this grey version of the mob will feature in the non-licenced CMF line, but a yellow version could easily feature in the Disney CMF line.

Also, I love that we're getting 18! I surely won't collect them all (I'm not a collector) but this will certainly mean a better selection from which to choose!

~Insectoid Aristcorat

Me too, but I'm not liking another Stay Puft Marshmallow Chibi.

I love the Marshmallow Man, and it's a great figure even if it's not to scale. I'll feel the same about Sulley.

As for the mop head, I feel that the CMF series 14 Wacky Witch broom would be better, but a new mold with a split for the legs would be best. This is too mop-like and not broom-like enough.

Me too, but I'm not liking another Stay Puft Marshmallow Chibi.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. With the larger characters like Sully, Genie, Baymax or Baloo etc. like, they need that special treatment because a regular minifigure IMO just won't do it. Like they would make cool figures sure.. but the display would drive me crazy.

This mop head could be great with a Magic Mickey from Fantasia

Edited by notpennysboat

This mop head could be great with a Magic Mickey from Fantasia

I disagree, since it was a broom he was using. Also, I feel we're more likely to get normal Mickey in this series.

If we get Pluto as an accessory, why not a micro figures as others such as: Jimmy for Pinocchio or Tinkerbell as Peter's? This would boost up the characters rate.

If we get Pluto as an accessory, why not a micro figures as others such as: Jimmy for Pinocchio or Tinkerbell as Peter's? This would boost up the characters rate.

Traditional animals are usually options for special figures or accessories. For those individual characters who have more than 50% human traits, they could also be designed as a regular figure. Like said before, they wouldn't have the same actual scale with other figures. Your point usually explains that LEGO have to include as many characters as possible.

Here's part of an old KUBRICK catalogue:

1384760817-18026311.jpg

Oh and yes, here are Fantasia Mickey, Sulley and Mikey..... :tongue:

Edited by Dorayaki

Considering the broom is kind of a character in their own right I would expect them to be a completely new mould if they were to put it in, it would need the arms as well as the split head to make legs...If they were to include a fantasia Mickey I think it would more likely be in a second/third series and a standard broom (pre enchantment) would be the more likely accessory - or a book.

*Edit - since the broom doesn't fit a normal minifigure standard I don't actually think they'll make it, although a stick with two arms could be an amazingly useful part so would be amazing if they do.

Edited by Shib

I'm probably the only one who wants to see him, but my ultimate Lego Disney mini figure is Judge Claude Frollo. Hands down best villain there is and his character is possibly one of the darkest too.

Considering the broom is kind of a character in their own right I would expect them to be a completely new mould if they were to put it in, it would need the arms as well as the split head to make legs...If they were to include a fantasia Mickey I think it would more likely be in a second/third series and a standard broom (pre enchantment) would be the more likely accessory - or a book.

*Edit - since the broom doesn't fit a normal minifigure standard I don't actually think they'll make it, although a stick with two arms could be an amazingly useful part so would be amazing if they do.

I'd think they'd have problems with the 'legs' of the broom. If it had a split that wide it would likely fall over. The mop mold does seem to have a slight split on one side, so perhaps that's as much as they could do without sacrificing the ability to stand. As the arms I realized it would be easy to do them without any new pieces. If Gangalf's staff is used as the broom handle than they'd just have to include these:

93061.jpg

and they'd be able to hold the buckets. So ultimately with all that weight up top the bottom of the broom would undoubtedly have to have a good amount of clutch power to maintain balance. So I could see them just using the new mop mold as it seems designed to cling to a stud, whereas a broom head with a split probably would not clutch very well.

While it could be done like that it would look rubbish - The arms would be asymmetric and the base/legs wouldn't look like the character. A new mould with the slit could easily be done in a way to accommodate a stud fitting in the way many of the animal moulds are done. I stand by the comment that IF they do it it'll be new moulds specifically for it.

While it could be done like that it would look rubbish - The arms would be asymmetric and the base/legs wouldn't look like the character. A new mould with the slit could easily be done in a way to accommodate a stud fitting in the way many of the animal moulds are done. I stand by the comment that IF they do it it'll be new moulds specifically for it.

To each there own. I ended up building it in LDD just to see how it looks and for me the arms being asymmetrical looks like the broom is in mid stride, so that works for me as I'd prefer an action pose, plus the arms would be able to move. As to the standing I'll say even a good deal of the animals fall over easily (the dogs in particular) and they're rather short whereas the broom would be tall with arms and buckets, so I don't think it would balance that well.

I can understand why people want a new mold so it would look exactly like it appears in the movie. However if we did get the broom it would be an accessory to a minifigure, so I don't know if they'd want to make a new mold on a broom which can be easily built with existing pieces. I guess it doesn't matter though. The broom was only suggested because Lego made a new mop piece, so if that's not intended for it than I doubt we'll see the magic broom anyway.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. With the larger characters like Sully, Genie, Baymax or Baloo etc. like, they need that special treatment because a regular minifigure IMO just won't do it. Like they would make cool figures sure.. but the display would drive me crazy.

I could actually see a Genie or Baloo happen in cmf format, I never saw Baloo as a character that big (except the scene were Mowgli is lying on him in the water) and I believe genie could change in size, so that wouldn't be a problem for me either. Sully on the other hand would indeed be way to small if he is done in cmf format. I always saw Mike as the really small one and Sully as the really big one, I would rather see him in Hulk format. Idk about Baymax, haven't seen the movie yet, but I think he would look kinda skinny as cmf.

I'm glad they upped the number of characters to 18. They really can't include enough characters in this series, although this also makes me worry about the price and the fact that it will make it harder to find every character.

Idk about Baymax, haven't seen the movie yet, but I think he would look kinda skinny as cmf.

I can recommend the movie. It's pretty good. Shape-wise, I'd actually say Baymax is perfect for a minifigure, plus he'd require no new molds and very little printing:

219px-Baymax_Render.pngmEihoJ5GdqAgoBnV8nmVSEg.jpg

But yeah, he'd definitely be too small to be in scale with other minifigs. He is almost twice as tall as Hiro if I remember correctly. However, I think he's a possibility if they include modern films like Big Hero 6. Maybe he could come with a soccer ball accessory. :grin:

Sully on the other hand would indeed be way to small if he is done in cmf format. I always saw Mike as the really small one and Sully as the really big one, I would rather see him in Hulk format.

I agree with your comments about Mike. He should have short legs, as he would be shorter than the average person. That will also help with the size difference between him and Sulley, who I really hope they include. With a head / body mold like the Wookiees, I think he would be the right size.

I think Mike's limbs are too skinny to work so well for a minifigure. He'd seem a bit chubby as a minifig. I don't expect him to be in this series, anyway.

If they did ever offer a Mike figure, I think they could reuse Slimer's arms for him.

I don't expect to see him in this series, though. I think he wouldn't use enough traditional minifigure elements for TLG to want to call him a "minifigure".