just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

I'd rather the characters all looked good in a group, and giving some molded heads and some without would look rather sloppy.

this.

The shape of his head isn't the defining look of his character and wouldn't be passed off as a generic pirate or one from PotC without it. His defining parts are the stubble, the worn out eyes, his outfit etc. He may need a new mould for his hat/ hair but i'd take that over a full head mould anyday. the human characters need to be normal minifigures and the tricked out non-human ones e.g. Mickey, Bing Bong etc. need moulded heads. they just wouldn't look right together without them. Not going to argue that's just my opinion. I just want this series to be served justice as these characters are literally some of my favorite

Edited by Coca-Cola

That's a possibility i suppose but it wouldn't sit right with me. i mean look at this picture.

http://www.diszine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/GleeStar-500x380.jpg

Hook looks ridiculously out of place here something that when translated to LEGO would just look awful. I'm stubborn and still hold my stance that it would be stupid for TLG to spend money on moulds that won't even look good.

I actually don't think that looks that bad, honestly, and it makes me think that in minifigures the approach would look even better.

I'd rather the characters all looked good in a group, and giving some molded heads and some without would look rather sloppy.

I couldn't care less how they look together personally, I just want what would best suit each characters' personality. If Captain Hook looks odd next to Cruella De Ville, then just do a LEGO Dimensions like I do and mix and match franchises.

...But there are also a load of Disney characters that are not human and would require head molds... Are you trying to say that Hook won't have a normal 'fig head for certain, or just that our odds aren't great? Where'd you get it from that we'll be getting lots of new molds, anyways?

Hook having a normal head wouldn't work. Trust me when I say a Simpson's style head is the best thing for hook. I mentioned pages back, that this series is going to get some Simpson's style looking heads.

Would you rather Hook looked nothing like the character and just a standard pirate that could easily be based on one from Pirates of the Caribbean?

Yes. I, for one, would like that.

There's no need to be aggressive. Many of us would sacrifice the cartoonish look for minifigures that look good among standard designs. Molded heads would be a waste for many of the characters, anyway, when we could have new accessories.

There's no need to be aggressive. Many of us would sacrifice the cartoonish look for minifigures that look good among standard designs. Molded heads would be a waste for many of the characters, anyway, when we could have new accessories.

I'm not being aggressive? :look:

The thing Simpsons and Woody bothered me could be that molded heads ensures no chances for us to get the classic hairstyles (I've been wishing to see Marg's hairpiece or similiar ones), although, almost twenty kinds of hairstyles from the CMF Simpsons line is a true challenge for LEGO.

This might depend on whether we need those hairstyles/headgears and whether we need to apply different headgears to these characters. suppose that most of us believe that Marge's hairstyle should forever belong to her, the case can be easily closed.

Other than that, we also haven't seen irregular LEGO heads with studs that allow them to wear headgears, and not sure if it could ever work.

Edited by Dorayaki

Other than that, we also haven't seen irregular LEGO heads with studs that allow them to wear headgears, and not sure if it could ever work.

One springs to mind, actually:

njo027.jpg

But that's really a special case, and it only accommodates very flat headgear, which there aren't many of. When it comes to minifigures having special molded humanoid heads, I think it's unlikely we'll see separable hair. But anything is possible, I guess.

lego-glow-in-the-dark-transparent-brick-daddy-head-90791-27-767503-128.jpg

This one as well, but its still limited.

71012 - LEGO Minifigures Disney Series

Now we know the set number. So, CMF Series 16 is 71013 and the DFB series will have a random number

12193285_10156171861060265_7504295382095913714_n.jpg?oh=eeee4697b4dfd6d3884ad29831a520b9&oe=56BD4054

Edited by Robert8

Nice I wasn't doubting it anymore, but its cool to see some official proof of existence :D

On second thought, that picture could be fake. Why ? -

- Don't think there'd be a Disney, just Minifigures and Confidential

- No Speed Champions, they're released in April.

- Odd misalignment of the logos, not to mention they're not transparent

- Why is the logo just Angry Birds and not The Angry Birds Movie?

- Minecraft sets aren't in order

Edited by CM4Sci

71012 - LEGO Minifigures Disney Series

Now we know the set number. So, CMF Series 16 is 71013 and the DFB series will have a random number

sweet, also affordable minecraft, wander what they will be, maybe captainsparkles, he does do the voice for the tv ads for lego minecraft so lego alredy has a deal with him

oh never mind i thought that said minifig bags of minecraft :cry_sad:

Illuminati Confirmed.

Why would someone go through the trouble of forging that fake one? There's clearly effort put into it. If it's fake, someone out there has no life.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Can't wait for this series! Looking forward to hook and pan. Those of you not wanting a head mold for hook, you're in bad luck. More than half the series will have molded heads. There's going to be a small amount of regular heads.

That will be a shame. At least the rest of him should be useful. But that means no fancy hat mold.

molded heads are crap, give us normal heads with removable accessories for every fig where that makes sense. toy story never needed molded heads =/

Agreed.

Would you rather Hook looked nothing like the character and just a standard pirate that could easily be based on one from Pirates of the Caribbean?

Yes, actually. A really cool pirate captain minifigure would be better than a ridiculous Hook head mold.

Still, happy to know that he is coming.

I would have liked a separate head/hair combo piece for hook, purely so I could reuse it and presumably so that lego would reuse it, but for the purposes of making a really good Hook character then they really need to go down the molded head route, plus it presumably will make him taller and maybe give his minifigure better proportions.

I am still holding out hope that pan and the princesses get regular heads... you never know maybe we will get some leaks of the new molds at some point?

I would have liked a separate head/hair combo piece for hook, purely so I could reuse it and presumably so that lego would reuse it, but for the purposes of making a really good Hook character then they really need to go down the molded head route, plus it presumably will make him taller and maybe give his minifigure better proportions.

I am still holding out hope that pan and the princesses get regular heads... you never know maybe we will get some leaks of the new molds at some point?

I'm surprised there haven't been leaks yet, but then again, these aren't due until the summer.

Hook could be taller just using long legs...

Hook could be taller just using long legs...

Now that would be weird. And annoying assuming he'll get good leg printing to carry on the coat to the legs... it would render the whole body useless to with other pirates... Woody and Buzz were toys they weren't supposed to be in scale with other figures, but the disney guys should at least blend in... :tongue: