just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

The worst case would be that Jack Sparrow, Woody or Lone Ranger are chosen to be part of this.

I don't think they would revisit those themes, especially since at least half of them were flops. Although if they were to revisit Toy Story to give us some of the characters that we never got in that theme, I'm all for it (Bo Peep anyone? :wink: ).

You indeed point out some clear examples. So that means we'll see Chip&Dale stand along with Donald. :tongue:

Haha, yes, it seems strange, but I could see it happen. In fact, I see it happen every time I visit Disneyland. :laugh:

Which makes me think... What if we get a D2C set to go along with these figs like we did for the Simpsons? Like a UCS Disneyland castle? :drool:

I dunno, I was just thinking about Disney movies with Princesses (or females) as the main characters. For instance Frozen. What is Lego going to do, release Elsa and Anna in a CMF line? Or make a normal Lego set with them in minifigure form?

Nobody ever said anything about them redoing the same sets with minifigures. This rumor is about a CMF line, so if anything, they will just make minifigure versions of the princesses. The point of this would be to make figures that would appeal to a wider audience. While the minidoll sets are specifically aimed at little girls, CMFs appeal to pretty much anyone. There are even little girls who prefer minifigures over minidolls.

You also have to remember Lego's main target is kids, NOT AFOLs. I don't see a lot of little boys clamoring to get princess minifigures. As for girls.. well they have the mini dolls which they seem to favor anyways. About the only ones minifigure princesses would appeal to is us AFOLs, and as we know Lego doesn't generally cater to us. Of course if it's a CMF line I could see them throwing in SOME princess figures, but like I said they would probably have to relate to the other figs in the same wave. For instance I could see them doing an Aladdin fig, Jafar, Genie, and then maybe adding Jasmine so they have the entire main cast. But ya, the CMF are usually heavily male centric anyways (about 2/3 males or more in any given wave) so I just find it hard to believe Lego would focus on princesses all things considered.

Good points. I agree that if they give us a wide variety of characters and retain the high number of male characters as in other CMF lines, it would make them appealing to everyone, even the boys. If they throw in some princesses along with other (male) main characters from their respective movies like in your Aladdin example, it would encourage the boys to "collect them all". So that's what I'm expecting.

A disney cmf series in my eyes should be a mishmash of all kinda disney stuff to attract the most customers: mike and sully, pinocchio, mickey and donald, a few muppets, maleficent, marry poppins, winnie the pooh, nightmare before christmas stuff like that. That way it also feels like a regular cmf series. For everyone something interesting.

Well there is this...

19201238959_5068a3986d_d.jpg

Which makes me think... What if we get a D2C set to go along with these figs like we did for the Simpsons? Like a UCS Disneyland castle? :drool:

A Sleeping Beauty Castle set would be perfect! Especially since Disney Parks could sell it at their stores.

I'm thinking that this is going to be a long-lasting subtheme of the CMFs, since once they start making characters, they'll have to make all of them. I'm just hoping for some classic villains like the Evil Queen/Witch, Ursula, Jafar, Maleficent, etc.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Given that there are a number of classic Disney characters wouldn't work in mini-fig dimensions, I could see this as a mini-doll line. This would require several more body molds, but that is what the CMF line does quite often. Consider the idea that this CMF line is intended to be the characters that get represented at the Disney parks. If that is true, then it would make sense that these would be dimensionally compatible with the Disney Princesses figures. That would also make sense to make Chip and Dale full figure size.

I don't think they would revisit those themes, especially since at least half of them were flops. Although if they were to revisit Toy Story to give us some of the characters that we never got in that theme, I'm all for it (Bo Peep anyone? :wink: ).

Good points. I agree that if they give us a wide variety of characters and retain the high number of male characters as in other CMF lines, it would make them appealing to everyone, even the boys. If they throw in some princesses along with other (male) main characters from their respective movies like in your Aladdin example, it would encourage the boys to "collect them all". So that's what I'm expecting.

I just agree with the part that, if Princess minifigure are already done in their own theme, the CMF list can be open to more characters from unused licenses instead (the "Unofficial" Disney Princess, for example :tongue: ). I believe that CMF series is not the only solution to the existed minidoll line, not to mention those original themes from LEGO.

I'm all for Bo Peep :wub: . Barbie's minidoll form would be nice, but MegaBloks would never allow that.

Among all unused Pixar film licenses:

*A Bug's Life: it feels abit hard to make insect minifigures?

*Monsters' Inc: While some of the monsters may fit in human's body size, they may not always fit in regular polybags.

*Finding Nemo: Most undersea creatures look better for new molds rather than human figures.

*The Incredibles : The most feasible choice for Pixar human characters, but sadly we couldn't get all Parrs in just one possible series.

*Ratatouille: Remy could be an additonal mold to Alfredo if LEGO allows.

*WALL-E: looks like a mini robot building, not minifigure.

*Up: Carl and Russel are okay, but they might fit in Idea's floating house set better.

*Inside Out: Discussed.

So honestly, it looks like Pixar doesn't give too many choices left?

Carl and Russell would need new head molds for sure. I could see Violet, Elastigirl, and Linguini as minidolls. Fat or short characters like Ursula, Sadness, or Pinocchio would make more sense as minifigs, though. That's why I feel like this will be a minifigure Minifigures series. Minidolls restrict the choices of characters and the likelihood of getting unique molded pieces.

I'd love an Edna Mode figure. The Egyptian Queen hair would work really well for her, too.

I don't understand why people have a hard time understanding they can put Disney characters in minifigure form.

Or even create new molds like they did with Spongebob, Simpsons, TMNT, and Scooby.

I think people are getting way too caught up in tradition.

Traditionally Disney Parks focused on their movies and shows...

Oh wait they still do... But the movies and shows have changed and so have the parks attractions.

Get with the times. The minifigure is changing. Again (it already changed).

It's terrible but Lego seems bent on emphasizing they are marketing their products for kids, not AFOLs. We have the modulars and UCS, and we have the $$$ to buy them. Kids depend on parents and a lot of parents wouldn't spend more than $100 on a Disney castle which is why they're all lower than that.

BTW... Entex Loc Blocs sold a Magic Kingdom castle.

I think some obvious choices are genie from Aladdin, maybe half the incredibles, any male characters in the princess movies, woody and buzz, maybe half the inside out emotions, Mickey, Donald the duck, goofy, Minnie, chip and Dale, Russell from up, Peter pan and tinkerbell.

I don't know why, but I feel this won't be a mixed series.

I think it will be themed, like Disney Princesses or Disney Villains

Edited by Robert8

Ya, I think if this series is truly happening it'll be a bit more coherent. I doubt we'll get characters from Pixar, current Disney, and classic. If I had to guess id say it'll be Disney classics, such as the Pinocchio that I posted earlier from Alexander's (?) designs.

I don't understand why people have a hard time understanding they can put Disney characters in minifigure form.

Or even create new molds like they did with Spongebob, Simpsons, TMNT, and Scooby.

I think people are getting way too caught up in tradition.

I'm 100% with you on this, I know some people were worried about the Scooby Doo line being minidolls and I couldn't understand why they were thinking it would be. To my mind a Disney CMF line will be minifiigures with some new parts for heads etc like The Simpsons line. The only way this will be a minidoll line will be if it's a Disney Princesses CMD line, which I wouldn't be completely against but I really don't imagine would happen because the Princesses line is notoriously strict on the accepted guidlines that merchandisers have to adhere to.

If it is Pixar how about Shrek minifigures?

Shrek isn't Pixar. It actually parodies a lot of Disney stuff, but it isn't from Disney or any of its subsidiaries itself.

Shrek isn't Pixar. It actually parodies a lot of Disney stuff, but it isn't from Disney or any of its subsidiaries itself.

Wow stupid me i mixed up Pixar with Dreamworks :sceptic:

Carl and Russell would need new head molds for sure. I could see Violet, Elastigirl, and Linguini as minidolls. Fat or short characters like Ursula, Sadness, or Pinocchio would make more sense as minifigs, though. That's why I feel like this will be a minifigure Minifigures series. Minidolls restrict the choices of characters and the likelihood of getting unique molded pieces.

I'd love an Edna Mode figure. The Egyptian Queen hair would work really well for her, too.

While not sure if we could see LEGO mix minidoll with minifigure in future licensed themes, by the standard of minidoll "looking more natural", minifigrues couldn't look "fat" on the other hand. Unless we use another kind of fat body mold for larger characters.

Ya, I think if this series is truly happening it'll be a bit more coherent. I doubt we'll get characters from Pixar, current Disney, and classic. If I had to guess id say it'll be Disney classics, such as the Pinocchio that I posted earlier from Alexander's (?) designs.

Based on what I usually see in Japanese Gashapon toys, some of them are themed but still some are totally mixed. If CMF series doesn't expand for more annual series, it's difficult to garuntee that we'll get more than two or three series so that each can have a specific subtheme.

61jRTrGVptL._SX342_.jpg

I just want Remy, Joy, and Fear. and Nick from Zootopia. All the rest can be stolen from me

If they are planning a number of waves then I think mixed is best, it would be more like a normal cmf line where people pick a choose. With the Simpsons I think most people but all or none of them.

Lol, I have the old mickey mouse mold. What I think is Disney will go the classic way. The princesses will stay at the friends part of Lego. I don't think they will do Pixar (yet). I actually think it might get it's one cmf line in the future (after toy story 4 maybe). With Disney classics I also mean movies like Lilo and stitch etc. But they will start with mickey mouse and minnie (small legs) mickey probably with pluto and minnie perhaps with Figaro, then donald and daisy (normall legs) and goofy (long legs like woody from toy story had). Then we have donald 3 nephews, I really hope just 1 toy but with 3 changeable caps included). Scrooge and Launchpad (since ducktales gets a reboot soon) and chip and dale (rescue rangers form since they get a life action movie). And pete of course (maybe also a beagle boy). This figures promote the new series and introduce them already to a new audience and are nostalgic for the old one. 12 figures now in total, all the classics we have had, now some Disney movie characters, and looking at popularity I'll bet on lilo and stitch. 2 left spots, if there is coming a new original Disney movie out in 2016 they will probably be based on that one, otherwise I really don't know since there are that many popular disney movies, maybe some more Lilo and stitch characters, maybe peter pan (and tiny tinkerbell) and hook, maybe Alice and the rabbit or mad hatter (which hat can be used for batman sets later). Note, the original Disney characters are still really popular in mostly west European countries since we still have things like comics of them here.

Scrooge and Launchpad (since ducktales gets a reboot soon) and chip and dale (rescue rangers form since they get a life action movie).

Is that movie still happening? I haven't heard any news about it since its announcement one and a half years ago. :look:

Anyway, I would absolutely LOVE for DuckTales and Rescue Rangers to be included!! :wub_drool: For the nephews, they would have to make separate minifigs though, unless they make the European comic versions with the black shirts (which is unlikely since they aren't as iconic as the versions with the color coded shirts). Each of the nephews could have a different accessory (the Junior Woodchucks Guidebook, a baseball bat, and a magnifying glass or something).

Funko also mixed everything together in the Mystery Minis blind box vinyl collectibles.

2014-Funko-Disney-Mystery-Minis-Series-2-Figures-550-width.jpg

I agree they should have this type of variety, but I sure hope Lego's version wont have this much repetition. :tongue:

Clara Bell? Goofy? Max? Mortimer? Donald and Daisy (and all the other ducks) would probably have a new flipper foot mold. Professor Von-Drake?

Clara Bell? Goofy? Max? Mortimer? Donald and Daisy (and all the other ducks) would probably have a new flipper foot mold. Professor Von-Drake?

And don't forget gyro, little helper, horace (Clara her husband). Idk if they will get a new flipper foot mold, they will probably go with the regular leg mold, maybe with the scuba flippers like they did with Howard the duck in the Lego marvel game or daffy duck/ green loontern in Lego batman 3. This characters give be the best idea of what to expect from the Disney characters. For charterers like Pluto I rather look at santas little helper from simpsons cmf series 2, for Figaro more the pets from Lego friends.

Is that movie still happening? I haven't heard any news about it since its announcement one and a half years ago. :look:

Anyway, I would absolutely LOVE for DuckTales and Rescue Rangers to be included!! :wub_drool: For the nephews, they would have to make separate minifigs though, unless they make the European comic versions with the black shirts (which is unlikely since they aren't as iconic as the versions with the color coded shirts). Each of the nephews could have a different accessory (the Junior Woodchucks Guidebook, a baseball bat, and a magnifying glass or something).

Yes you're right, for a moment I forgot they also had different shirts. I live in the Netherlands and the comics here mostly includes them with black shirts as you said. But 3 different figures are indeed a better option now I think about it. But seriously I love to see the handbook.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

I really hope this turns out to be true! Disney presents endless opportunities for so many waves of minifigs. The Disney geek in me is freaking out at the possibilities.

I keep getting excited when I see this thread pop up! When is the earliest that people think we'll hear some official news about series 16?

Would D23 in August be too early for an announcement?