just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Were did Sabastian and Flounder come from? Are they included or are they from the Princess line?

They are indeed from the Disney Princess line.

This series for me at least, has been the easiest to feel through the packages. Every Character has a very inique feel to them. It certainly makes collecting them all a lot easier, only missing Peter Pan now.

Thanks for the comments .. although I now have all 18 figs .. initially I only wanted Ariel and Ursula so knew that I wanted Flounder and Sebastian to go with her .. so they were up for sale separately on eBay .. the scroll and snarfblatt were from brick warriors ^_^

Wow this series is truly the first minifigure series to pull me in like this. Today I found Minnie Minerva Mouse and pulled a second Syndrome (I thought it was a Malifecent, maybe next time). Special thanks to whoever mentioned Minnie's skirt piece rattles rather loud, all I had to do was identify the head mold then shake the bag a bit.

And with that I now have 12 figures from the series, only 6 more to go! 2/3 of the way there!

Also I hope series two becomes a reality. Scratch that, I want to see this go to series 3!! I'd love to see more Disney classic characters ala Goofy, Pluto, and maybe even Oswald. Also more figures from newer films to! Quora and Finn from Tron Legacy, Anna and Elsa, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider; maybe even some new versions of the Pirates of the Caribbean characters. Or old classics like Mary Poppins or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Theme park characters would be great (Hatbox Ghost anyone?). I'd also love it if they produced a minifigure actually based on Walt Disney himself. If they ever did a series 3 they could have a young 1920's Walt in one series and an older 1960's "Uncle Walt" in another.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I don't know if and when I am going to be able to get this series. I had the money to get it day 1, no one near where I worked had it and then other things came up that took away that money and I haven't had it since then. I'd like to get this series but at this point I'm just not going to put much effort into it till I'm more financially ahead.

Wow this series is truly the first minifigure series to pull me in like this. Today I found Minnie Minerva Mouse and pulled a second Syndrome (I thought it was a Malifecent, maybe next time). Special thanks to whoever mentioned Minnie's skirt piece rattles rather loud, all I had to do was identify the head mold then shake the bag a bit.

And with that I now have 12 figures from the series, only 6 more to go! 2/3 of the way there!

Also I hope series two becomes a reality. Scratch that, I want to see this go to series 3!! I'd love to see more Disney classic characters ala Goofy, Pluto, and maybe even Oswald. Also more figures from newer films to! Quora and Finn from Tron Legacy, Anna and Elsa, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider; maybe even some new versions of the Pirates of the Caribbean characters. Or old classics like Mary Poppins or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Theme park characters would be great (Hatbox Ghost anyone?). I'd also love it if they produced a minifigure actually based on Walt Disney himself. If they ever did a series 3 they could have a young 1920's Walt in one series and an older 1960's "Uncle Walt" in another.

I imagine if there is any future series ( surely there will be though ) that they'll keep to animated characters. It would be so much harder to do live action characters as they would need to get the rights to certain actors/actresses faces. I imagine it's all the more harder as well trying to secure the rights to dead Actors faces on top of that. I know LEGO in the past have made Jack Sparrow and what not, but those contracts have most likely expired or don't include CMF.

At least with animated characters they only have to seek approval from Disney, if they were to try to make a Mary Poppins figure they'd have to get permission from Julie Andrews and the Estate of P. L. Travers who created Mary Poppins.

It's a lot easier for LEGO to just mine the huge wealth of iconic cartoon characters, I mean they've tackled 18 so far, so theres still a good few hundred to go.

Beast (From Beauty and the Beast) has a headpiece that can fit on a normal figure! :excited: :wub_drool:

http://www.beardedne...the_beast04.jpg

Not really relevant here but it is if you want to add such an iconic character into your collection in a purist way.

That's fantastic news! It still looks a bit off because of the girly style of printing in the minidoll line, but it works!

That's fantastic news! It still looks a bit off because of the girly style of printing in the minidoll line, but it works!

Just imagine they are the ugly clone wars eyes.

I don't know if and when I am going to be able to get this series. I had the money to get it day 1, no one near where I worked had it and then other things came up that took away that money and I haven't had it since then. I'd like to get this series but at this point I'm just not going to put much effort into it till I'm more financially ahead.

Somewhat in a similar situation. I may miss out on this series :sceptic:

Edited by BrickFit26

I think they should do more production runs of Series 1 before even considering a second series. Right now, there are obviously more people who want to purchase a Disney minifig than there are minifigs available right now. Count me in with the crowd that is not done completing the search for certain minifigs. Finding a store that has them around here is dicey at the moment. If you run Series 2 too soon before Series 1 had adequate time and availability, it could negatively impact sales of Series 2. Would people wnat a Pluto, Goofy, Woody, Sleeping Beauty, etc. without having a chance to get Mickey, Buzz, Malifiecent, etc? Obviously the demand is there for Series 1, and not just with the resellers and others trying to corner the market. This series deserves to have a larger production run and extended availability on the shelves than other minifigure series.

I think they should do more production runs of Series 1 before even considering a second series. Right now, there are obviously more people who want to purchase a Disney minifig than there are minifigs available right now. Count me in with the crowd that is not done completing the search for certain minifigs. Finding a store that has them around here is dicey at the moment. If you run Series 2 too soon before Series 1 had adequate time and availability, it could negatively impact sales of Series 2. Would people wnat a Pluto, Goofy, Woody, Sleeping Beauty, etc. without having a chance to get Mickey, Buzz, Malifiecent, etc? Obviously the demand is there for Series 1, and not just with the resellers and others trying to corner the market. This series deserves to have a larger production run and extended availability on the shelves than other minifigure series.

It'll be 2018 at the earliest before Series 2. The CMF line has a full plate in '17. Wal-Marts broke street date around here, so I'm ready for Series 16. I'm also sure that supply of the Disney wave is yet to be exhausted, just gonna need patience.

I am not a disney fan at all but I absolutely love the Nightmare Before Christmas. I had the epiphany yesterday this mini figure series could be the only way we get figures from the movie, and I certainly hope they do!

I imagine if there is any future series ( surely there will be though ) that they'll keep to animated characters. It would be so much harder to do live action characters as they would need to get the rights to certain actors/actresses faces. I imagine it's all the more harder as well trying to secure the rights to dead Actors faces on top of that. I know LEGO in the past have made Jack Sparrow and what not, but those contracts have most likely expired or don't include CMF.

At least with animated characters they only have to seek approval from Disney, if they were to try to make a Mary Poppins figure they'd have to get permission from Julie Andrews and the Estate of P. L. Travers who created Mary Poppins.

It's a lot easier for LEGO to just mine the huge wealth of iconic cartoon characters, I mean they've tackled 18 so far, so theres still a good few hundred to go.

I understand your point with live action characters. However I still think Disney could easily authorize the likeness of Walt Disney himself to be in a future line. Also theme park audio-anamatronic figures should have no issues with likenesses; so even if Pirates of the Caribbean"the movies" can't be used as inspiration, Pirates of the Caribbean "the Original Ride" could! We could have a few characters from the ride easily, the Red Head, the Mayor, Pirate in jail with bone and a dog... etc. The only issue would be the ride has a much more limited appeal than the more widely seen movies have.

Still here is a wish list for Series 2 (I will state, that I agree with previous comments that Lego should produce more of Series 1 first for a wider distribution):

- Pluto

- Goofy

- Mickey (Sorcerer Outfit)

- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

- Woody

- Mulan

- Carl (Up)

- Russell (Up)

- Frozone

- Mrs. Incredible

- Cinderella

- Fairy Godmother

- Rapunzel

- Finn Rider

- Hades

- Hercules

- Lilo

- Walt Disney (late 1950's/early 1960's appearance)

Just a wish list, but as they say "When you wish upon a star..."

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I would like a certain dream demon. But disney seems to ignore making merch for the money making show.

(some one should start a wish list thread for disney series 2)

Just spent 2 hours at the only nearby (1 hour away) Lego store. Got a full collection and helped 2-3 other 'groups' of people collect theirs. The Chestire cat was hardest one to find. We had to ask an employee to open a 3rd box just to get it!

All I need now is some Pines. No moldedheads. Dipper with Journal and Mable with Waddles.

They could make great use of the Nexo Knights book piece with a printed hand and '3' on the front of it, and a tile with Bill on it on the inside.

I would like a certain dream demon. But disney seems to ignore making merch for the money making show.

All I need now is some Pines. No moldedheads. Dipper with Journal and Mable with Waddles.

They could make great use of the Nexo Knights book piece with a printed hand and '3' on the front of it, and a tile with Bill on it on the inside.

Couldn't agree more, we absolutely need some Gravity Falls minifigs (or better yet, an entire set or even a theme based on it) :thumbup: Too bad Disney is quite stingy when it comes to GF merchandise :angry: One can only hope...