just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Yikes, with my college budget I'm not sure I'm going to be able to complete this series before it disappears! It's a shame because this is the first series of minifigures where I've genuinely wanted to have a complete set. I have Stitch only so far! Which figure is your favourite?

Going to try to find Aladdin or Genie at some point this week as my reward for studying for exams. Hopefully Tesco will restock soon, I might ask them about it but I have the feeling I'd be too awkward. :def_shrug:

Worst case scenario they'll be available on the secondary market at a markup(Bricklink, Brickowl, ect).

Yikes, with my college budget I'm not sure I'm going to be able to complete this series before it disappears! It's a shame because this is the first series of minifigures where I've genuinely wanted to have a complete set. I have Stitch only so far! Which figure is your favourite?

Going to try to find Aladdin or Genie at some point this week as my reward for studying for exams. Hopefully Tesco will restock soon, I might ask them about it but I have the feeling I'd be too awkward. :def_shrug:

It is a toss up between Stitch and Captain Hook! Fingers crossed they still have a few and the ones you're after, but as mentioned just above me they will be around on the secondary market and prices don't seem to be massively out of whack so far!

I'm not sure why we should assume that anyone has so far "missed" buying this series necessarily. Its only been out for a few days, and considering the crossover popularity, it has predictably sold out in many places. That does not mean however that Lego won't make more and restock in the near future. Seems to me like a similar situation with Simpsons wave 1--it was very popular and Lego produced it for a long time after its initial release. We could soon be seeing Disney figs on the shelves for months.

Contrary to to the overproduced series 14, Disney is just low at the moment. That will change eventually and soon we'll all be complaining that they're still around and that it's not even October anymore and that we all think monsters are stupid now.

Patience is a virtue peoples! :wink:

I sort of hope they don't fix the eye printing issues because then that means buying duplicates !

I'm not sure why we should assume that anyone has so far "missed" buying this series necessarily. Its only been out for a few days, and considering the crossover popularity, it has predictably sold out in many places. That does not mean however that Lego won't make more and restock in the near future. Seems to me like a similar situation with Simpsons wave 1--it was very popular and Lego produced it for a long time after its initial release. We could soon be seeing Disney figs on the shelves for months.

Contrary to to the overproduced series 14, Disney is just low at the moment. That will change eventually and soon we'll all be complaining that they're still around and that it's not even October anymore and that we all think monsters are stupid now.

Patience is a virtue peoples! :wink:

Oh cool! I wasn't sure how stocking/re-stocking worked with CMF series' because this year is the first year I've been back since my Dark Ages, and I've forgotten what it was like when Series 1 came out just before I went into my Dark Ages! I wasn't sure if LEGO produced more of a series if it was in demand, or if it was one of those "one wave will be made, run out and get them" type of situations. Glad to hear that it won't be the latter! :classic:

Funnily enough now that you compared the Disney Series and Monsters, at the shop where I got my Stitch, the shop had sneakily thrown some Monsters into the Disney box in an attempt to sell them. :laugh:

I sort of hope they don't fix the eye printing issues because then that means buying duplicates !

I'm sure if they did fix the printing issues, they would allow you to swap any poorly printed figures for new ones, surely?

Edited by AnnaBuildsLego

Like, ask costumer service and they'll replace it? I do think they will. Which I don't get, can't they just ask someone to pick out a head?

Like, ask costumer service and they'll replace it? I do think they will. Which I don't get, can't they just ask someone to pick out a head?

They claim the bags are sent to them blind. What has never made sense to me about that comment is, they know there are likely to be some issues, whether small or large, why not just have the manufacture send them extra parts? Must be a money thing.

That will change eventually and soon we'll all be complaining that they're still around and that it's not even October anymore and that we all think monsters are stupid now.

Monsters are never stupid (unless they come with guitars as accessories). I could use another monster series right now as a matter of fact.

Is the bump code method bullet proof? I tried feeling some bags the other day but I am officially lazy.

Is the bump code method bullet proof? I tried feeling some bags the other day but I am officially lazy.

No its 40% right from what ive seen.

No, it reportedly varies between batches of figures, so sometimes it is right and sometimes it could be wrong. I'm fairly new to it, but I used it on Series 15 and it worked out perfectly - however, I felt the packets as well as checking the codes. I would make sure to feel the packet first and then verify it with the bump code.

Bump codes are good if A) you've already felt the packet and you want another little bit of assurance that this is the right one, B) you want to make sure you don't have duplicates, or C) you're in a rush and you don't have time to feel packets. However, I would only really recommend options A and B.

What is the bump code method?

If you look at the very bottom of a CMF packet, you'll JUST about be able to make out some very small bumps/dots along the end of the packaging. The bumps come in different patterns which designate which figure is inside (I think it's so that manufacturers can correctly distribute the figures in a box). So, say, a packet that has Stitch in it would have a different sequence of dots on the bottom of the packet than one which contains Ursula.

Sometimes, people will post the bump-sequences online so that people can try to match the bump codes to the figures they want. It's not 100% accurate, but worth a try! If you use it in conjunction with throughly feeling the bags, I'd be extremely confident that you'd get the figure you want. Even if it doesn't work, comparing the bump codes of two packets will at least confirm whether or not they are duplicates of the same figure.

Edited by AnnaBuildsLego

Contrary to to the overproduced series 14.

Series 14 was overproduced? You could have fooled me. It's not like there are lots of them in stores now...

No, it reportedly varies between batches of figures, so sometimes it is right and sometimes it could be wrong. I'm fairly new to it, but I used it on Series 15 and it worked out perfectly - however, I felt the packets as well as checking the codes. I would make sure to feel the packet first and then verify it with the bump code.

Bump codes are good if A) you've already felt the packet and you want another little bit of assurance that this is the right one, B) you want to make sure you don't have duplicates, or C) you're in a rush and you don't have time to feel packets. However, I would only really recommend options A and B.

If you look at the very bottom of a CMF packet, you'll JUST about be able to make out some very small bumps/dots along the end of the packaging. The bumps come in different patterns which designate which figure is inside (I think it's so that manufacturers can correctly distribute the figures in a box). So, say, a packet that has Stitch in it would have a different sequence of dots on the bottom of the packet than one which contains Ursula.

Sometimes, people will post the bump-sequences online so that people can try to match the bump codes to the figures they want. It's not 100% accurate, but worth a try! If you use it in conjunction with throughly feeling the bags, I'd be extremely confident that you'd get the figure you want. Even if it doesn't work, comparing the bump codes of two packets will at least confirm whether or not they are duplicates of the same figure.

Has anybody posted any of the Disney Figure codes? I'm heading to the shops later and would love to try this method out

I realise that this thread is in the LEGO Licensed forum, but I'm surprised that so many of the posts state overtly or hint that these minifigures will be used/displayed as intended by Disney. Is it wrong to MOC/mod these minifigures so they're no longer recognisably Disney characters like the below for example?

disney_cmf_mocs.jpg

Is it wrong to MOC/mod these minifigures so they're no longer recognisably Disney characters like the below for example?

Why would it be wrong? Lego's all about using your imagination. This is clearly that. Lego would applaud your creativity.

Also is that Link on the right?

Edited by Tech Artist

These have been hard to find in my neck of the woods. I went to toys r us yesterday and they had JUST put out a brand new case. I bought the whole damn box :)

Some of us suspect Disney didn't want to relegate any of its characters to being mere accessories for other characters - hence no Flounder, Scuttle, Sebastian, Flotsam, Jetsam, Pluto, Abu, magic carpet, etc.

Hmmm, I guess that makes sense. Or maybe its a $. :sceptic:

Also is that Link on the right?

It's intended as a generic elf archer but I suppose it does look like Link. I've never played Legend of Zelda and know almost nothing about it, so I could be wrong, but isn't Link usually portrayed with a sword and only occasionally with a bow?

It wouldn't surprise me if someone used the Peter Pan CMF to create a Link minifigure.

I wonder if there are any other recognisable non-Disney characters that could be created from the Disney CMFs.

Well the hat is wrong, Link has no feather. Also, while Link has been depicted with brown hair and pink hair, blond is the most commonly accepted color.

Too bad, we could use a good Link hat.

I am not claiming Frankenstein is a brain surgeon or anything, but I have 3 different versions of him with different long hair pieces replacing his forehead in my current monsters of rock moc I am working on. I think it is brilliant that there was an actual moster of rock in the series myself. He does look stupid good with long blond female hair though.

That quote feature didn't work out for me how I expected...my response was about the stupid monster with guitar...carry on.

Well the hat is wrong, Link has no feather. Also, while Link has been depicted with brown hair and pink hair, blond is the most commonly accepted color.

I think that if you paint the feather yellow you can use it for the link of minish Cap.

could be the Roc's feather

I think that if you paint the feather yellow you can use it for the link of minish Cap.

You'd also have to paint the hair to be blond. Even then, not the greatest match.