just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

... well doesn't swapfig have the Lego Disney CMFs up yet?

Edited by hadidi1999

Not being allowed?

I thought some one (a leaker i think) said the reason there is no mr. potato head is because Hasbro didnt allow lego to use him.

I thought some one (a leaker i think) said the reason there is no mr. potato head is because Hasbro didnt allow lego to use him.

Hasbro said that? Do they own all they all the toy rights to Toy Story which is a Disney property given Pixar is owned by them?

Found this: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Toy_Story

"Minifigures that weren't made include Slinky Dog, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, and Barbie, likely due to LEGO having to sign with Hasbro."

Might explain that. If they had to sign a contract with Hasbro then they likely own all toy rights to that franchise which doesn't make a lot of sense to me seeing as Disney should own all rights to Toy Story period. Maybe it was Disney's decision as well?

Edited by Tech Artist

I'd guess that Disney/Pixar has permission from Hasbro to use Hasbro toys, but they're still owned by Hasbro. Hasbro wouldn't want LEGO or other toy companies making money off their designs, so they logically don't allow it. I'm thinking (correct me if I'm wrong) that the LEGO Toy Story sets used only original Toy Story characters, and therefore only Disney/Pixar properties. Hasbro just gets free publicity from the Toy Story films for their stuff like Mr. Potato Head and whatnot.

Hasbro wouldn't want LEGO or other toy companies making money off their designs, so they logically don't allow it.

Hasbro might have considered it for a licence fee if they weren't competing directly with TLG which they are with their Kre-o brand.

I'm amazed S@H / the minifigures site isn't updated with these yet.

I'm surprised to see they haven't fixed the site since october 2014

The S8 Conquistador still missing in the character list, some of the character pics are messed up, and Series 11 is still black

71002_720x405.jpg?l.r2=-1461118892

They can't care less :laugh:

I'd guess that Disney/Pixar has permission from Hasbro to use Hasbro toys, but they're still owned by Hasbro. Hasbro wouldn't want LEGO or other toy companies making money off their designs, so they logically don't allow it. I'm thinking (correct me if I'm wrong) that the LEGO Toy Story sets used only original Toy Story characters, and therefore only Disney/Pixar properties. Hasbro just gets free publicity from the Toy Story films for their stuff like Mr. Potato Head and whatnot.

Oh, you know what, you are right. I completely forgot that Mr. Potato Head was originally a Hasbro Toy same with the other 2 mentioned in that article. My bad. This makes much more sense now.

I'm surprised to see they haven't fixed the site since october 2014

The S8 Conquistador still missing in the character list, some of the character pics are messed up, and Series 11 is still black

They can't care less :laugh:

Interestingly, there is no longer a trace of the existence of Mr. Gold in the website at all (not even in the bios), or the collection lists. Sounds like they don't want to remind people of an exclusive item that pissed a lot of people off. Hopefully that means we won't ever see such a rare chase figure as him in the series again.

Interestingly, there is no longer a trace of the existence of Mr. Gold in the website at all (not even in the bios), or the collection lists. Sounds like they don't want to remind people of an exclusive item that pissed a lot of people off. Hopefully that means we won't ever see such a rare chase figure as him in the series again.

It pissed people off?

It pissed people off?

Yeah. I never got it. :tongue:

By the way, geez, I had no idea these were Disney.

336x448_disney_0000s_0013_71012_leaflet_aladdin-hires.jpg?l.r2=-779035467336x448_disney_0000s_0003_71012_leaflet_alice-hires-150923.jpg?l.r2=-215787234336x448_disney_0000s_0006_71012_leaflet_mickey-mouse-hires-151012.jpg?l.r2=316037345336x448_disney_0000s_0015_71012_leaflet_buzz-lightyear-hire.jpg?l.r2=85639735

Edited by CM4Sci

They are doing a good job keeping Mickeys hole in his head under wraps in all the promo pics...

By the way, geez, I had no idea these were Disney.

IKR?!

The Disney logo is all over the place :laugh:

Just seen some promo pics on the official Lego page on Facebook .. they have Ariel's tail on 'back to front' to what we're used to seeing so far .. thing is it looks kinda good .. any thoughts ?

Also .. I already have a 'dinglehopper' to give Ariel and also Flounder and Sebastian to go along with her .. I'm not sure if the Sea Captain's seagull is enough like Scuttle .. but I've discovered Brick Warriors have a perfect looking Snarfblatt .. thoughts again ?

http://www.brickwarriors.com/gentlemans-pipe/

Edited by Jarreth2

They are doing a good job keeping Mickeys hole in his head under wraps in all the promo pics...

Well, it's not often they photograph minifigures from directly overhead, after all.

Just seen some promo pics on the official Lego page on Facebook .. they have Ariel's tail on 'back to front' to what we're used to seeing so far .. thing is it looks kinda good .. any thoughts ?

just tried it, and i think it looks better! if her hair didnt get in the way, you could move her arms backwards for a reclining pose. only thing is the attachment on the bottom isnt the best looking, but forgivable i think. ive got her on a slide piece, and she looks perfect. thanks for the suggestion! would never have tried it otherwise.

I think Mattel prevented Barbie from being in Toy Story 3 sets, and Hasbro prevented Me. Potato from being in those sets.

First off, sorry, but I don't know where else to post this: if anyone has a spare Alice, Daisy, or Ursula they would be interested in trading, send me a PM. I don't have spare Disney figs, but I have other stuff.

As for the ones I've got so far, I have everyone I want (except the above-mentioned), which means no Stitch, Mr. Incredible, Syndrome. Just not a big fan of those. My favorites are the Cheshire Cat, as I knew he would be since we first learned he was his own figure, Genie, Aladdin, Pan, and Hook. I think they're all fantastic. Genie's head-cap looks every-so-slightly more disappointing that it did in pictures, even though it's exactly how it looked. He almost looks better without it. If only the feather/ponytail fit into the regular minifig-stud-recess. Still love him though. Pan and Aladdin are spot on. I just need to dig out a loaf of LEGO bread to give to Aladdin.

I must say, I'm a much bigger fan of Mickey/Minnie/Donald in-person than I was of the pictures. I was critical of the choice of long legs rather than short legs, and while I still think it would have been a perfectly valid (or perhaps even better) choice, they are just so darn charming looking back at you, I can't help but love them. I didn't get Daisy because I didn't think I cared, but once I got home and opened them all, man, she belongs they alongside the rest of them. Speaking of ducks, their new tail piece is absolutely one of my favorite pieces. I don't know how useful I'll find it, but the execution of it and the effect it has are both spot-on. Kudos to the designers on that one.

I found a virtually full box at TRU and was able find multiples of every other figure, but not a single Alice or Ursula. Weird.

Can't wait for series 2!!

im just to pester around the internet until I can get free spares as im not missing out on a full collection this time im going to do whatever it takes to get the remaining 4 for free

Umm...oookay. Seems a bit..... :look:

Edited by rob-ot5000

I think Mattel prevented Barbie from being in Toy Story 3 sets, and Hasbro prevented Me. Potato from being in those sets.

Or LEGO didn't want to give free advertising to/ pay to use their competition. :P

Too bad this series won't hit German, Austrian and Swiss retail stores till July... (probably in order to avoid competition with the Soccer CMF series that's supposed to be released in two weeks) :sadnew: Luckily, they're already available in LEGO stores and on s@h, but there's still a 16 items limit despite the series having 2 additional minifigs :hmpf_bad:

Wow, you get all 60 figures for your collection? I wish I could afford to do that. :grin:

Wow, you get all 60 figures for your collection? I wish I could afford to do that. :grin:

Lol, i had to sell an integrity doll (that i also collect ) to buy these , i got a full set for me and a full set for my three boys ,the extras i may customize .. :)

Well back from my haul .. not a good experience but thanks to my relative I had 2 brand new boxes fresh off the lorry to look through .. some of these are easy to find others not so easy .. I did my best and then decided to take the plunge and buy both boxes ...

so ... put the ones I had identified back in the first box .. at the checkout they refused to sell me both boxes .. apparently it's deemed as bulk buying and not for 'personal use' so I managed to retrieve the ones I had identified from the first box and then had to let the others go.

If I'd have know they wouldn't sell me the boxes I'd have spend a lot longer going through the second box too ! Ahh well .. Been told that I can return on another day to buy another set .. oh yeah they'd only let me buy 18 as there's 18 in a set .. but I can't go back in later and buy more.

Bad show TRU bad show : (

Edited by Jarreth2