just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Personally I love this series. There are some minor things that could be improved, but I realize that they could never be perfect, especially in everyone's eyes.

I think it's great they avoided molded heads when they could, and the ones they did make look very good (Stitch!

It's funny, most of you were expecting short legs for Mickey and now aren't complaining about it. I remember I was the one saying Mickey was going to be tall and most of you doubted me :D

We are not complaining about that because Mickey legs are not noticable when almost all the minifigures in the series look like they were made by lele

:grin:

Edited by Robert8

It's funny, most of you were expecting short legs for Mickey and now aren't complaining about it. I remember I was the one saying Mickey was going to be tall and most of you doubted me :D

Reading comprehension must be down. A number of people have had that on their list of complaints regarding Mickey, myself included. Congratulations on being right, though. We're all so very, very, very, very, very proud. Is it still funny?

Reading comprehension must be down. A number of people have had that on their list of complaints regarding Mickey, myself included. Congratulations on being right, though. We're all so very, very, very, very, very proud. Is it still funny?

Thank you and yes, it's still funny to me.

Edited by amazingbricks

Wow, someone took their bitter pill this morning. He probably just got tired of reading the 10 pages of complaints. I know I did. We got Disney minifigs and all you see are negatives.

He's also got updated leg printing!

yW3zNSo.png

That printing looks really good. You can also see some arm printing on Syndrome right around the elbow in the closeup.

All the minifigs look great! (my favorite being Stitch :wub: )

My only complaints are that Buzz and the Genie don't have moulded heads, Captain Hook doesn't have a nose (from what I can see), and Mickey and Minnie's heads are a little bit bigger than I would've liked.

I know people have mentioned this before but Donald and Daisy's head would be good for Howard the Duck (a Marvel character)

P.S. Just to clarify: didn't CM4Sci say something about a minifigure D2C a little while ago?

P.S. Just to clarify: didn't CM4Sci say something about a minifigure D2C a little while ago?

Yep. Coming out later in the year.

All the minifigs look great! (my favorite being Stitch :wub: )

My only complaints are that Buzz and the Genie don't have moulded heads, Captain Hook doesn't have a nose (from what I can see), and Mickey and Minnie's heads are a little bit bigger than I would've liked.

I know people have mentioned this before but Donald and Daisy's head would be good for Howard the Duck (a Marvel character)

I've heard it's Disney related, so that should be interesting.

Is it a D2C as in a big set or just a retail exclusive normal set?

It's a big one.

Here are some predictions for the quotes:

Little Green Man: "The clawwwwwwwww!"

And that's it.

Thanks for reading :purrr:

Lol. I hope so. I wish the Alien had come with a Planet Pizza tile or at least one of those common round pizza tiles. Really build the connection to the movie.

Stich needs a Hawaiian Leis, Ukulele or something like that.

I've heard it's Disney related, so that should be interesting.

Ohhhhhh

Goofy will be exclusive to that set..... Like Snake last year

I'm calling it

I can see Syndrome's arms and legs being reused for Punisher customs, assuming Syndrome even has dual-mold legs. I think all of them look really good, it's only Mickey that I have a problem with, his shoes are so small and his pants should have continued from his torso, as others have pointed out. Either way, this wave is going to be a total success, and I already see these being sold at Disneylands and Disney mall shops.

My guess is the Disneyworld Castle with mascot/costume versions of the figures.

In fact, I'll go make a thread for that right now..

OMG, OMG, OMG! A Disney castle as the accompanying D2C? YAY!

Although, I do wish it was the original Disneyland castle (Sleeping Beauty) as opposed to the Disneyworld castle (Cinderella), but they're both pretty awesome.

OMG, OMG, OMG! A Disney castle as the accompanying D2C? YAY!

Although, I do wish it was the original Disneyland castle (Sleeping Beauty) as opposed to the Disneyworld castle (Cinderella), but they're both pretty awesome.

I just said it was a guess, man.. :look:

The Disneyworld Castle is the most iconic of them all, but my favorite is the Beaty and the Beast Castle

Wow, someone took their bitter pill this morning. He probably just got tired of reading the 10 pages of complaints. I know I did. We got Disney minifigs and all you see are negatives.

I suppose my post was a bit too snarky. I didn't really see 10 pages of complaints, I saw 10 pages of reactions and discussion, all reasonable. "I" see lots of things, some negative and some positive. Same goes for the group as a whole. If you can't be bothered to read the discussion, that's fine, but you can't accurately comment on the contents of said discussion. His comment was not only incorrect, but it wasn't really necessary in the first place. Then again, neither was this one. :shrug_confused:

Edited by rob-ot5000

I suppose my post was a bit too snarky. I didn't really see 10 pages of complaints, I saw 10 pages of reactions and discussion, all reasonable. "I" see lots of things, some negative and some positive. Same goes for the group as a whole. If you can't be bothered to read the discussion, that's fine, but you can't accurately comment on the contents of said discussion. His comment was not only incorrect, but it wasn't really necessary in the first place. Then again, neither was this one. :shrug_confused:

I read most of it and while a small portion of it was discussion, most of it was just "here's my list of every small thing wrong with this series". I dont consider that discussion at all personally. :shrug_confused:

To be fair it has turned more into a discussion so I'm sorry for exaggerating.

I complained :p. But I actually kinda saw this coming, I just got my hopes to high up.

Still think that Buzz and the LGM are a 'Star Command' TV show homage

That's actually what I was thinking too.

But anyway, I think I reacted a little to negative on these series. When I give it a second look it can go through with it. I still think most characters look odd (too big heads, too small heads etc) but I still gonna buy all of them. I would never forgive myself to miss out on this series. My top 3 would be:

3. Hook, I actually don't mind he doesn't have his iconic nose, I love his hat and I think that's the most iconic and important part.

2. Donald, I know I've said I don't like how he looks like, but Donald is my second most favourite Disney character (next to Scrooge) and at least he looks like him. A little lazy they used the sad same mold for daisy (at least it looks like they did) but I don't wanna miss out on him anyway.

1. Stitch, I would never have guessed he would make it to number 1 on this list. But he was on my wishlist and I never doubted he would be in these series, but come on, he looks so cute, and he resembles the character perfectly fine, I hope he comes with his ugly duckling book, maybe an album of Elvis or his nice-o-meter (or whatever it's called)