just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Do you realize it's been 6 years since the Toy Story theme was released and also discontinued? It's crazy, I know... but it's been a while already.

It´s definately due to the upcomming Toystory 4 set to 2018.

It´s definately due to the upcomming Toystory 4 set to 2018.

I think its more to due with A) no new molds needed to produce Buzz B) one of the most marketable Disney characters whos appeal spreads across multiple generations.

Its probably why theres no Woody this series as he would most likely need a new hat mold, if their sticking with this standard head look.

I really like the way LEGO have kept the molded heads to just Anthropomorphic Animal Characters. Gives the Human characters more function outside of Disney, although that Donald Duck head could make an awesome Howard the Duck. Especially if my seperate hat theory is correct.

Donald Duck head could make an awesome Howard the Duck. Especially if my seperate hat theory is correct.

I second that theory :grin:

I think its more to due with A) no new molds needed to produce Buzz B) one of the most marketable Disney characters whos appeal spreads across multiple generations.

I really like the way LEGO have kept the molded heads to just Anthropomorphic Animal Characters. Gives the Human characters more function outside of Disney, although that Donald Duck head could make an awesome Howard the Duck. Especially if my seperate hat theory is correct.

I second that theory :grin:

Oh yeah, indeed also because of that. But a lot of kids will be tuned in towards what Toy Story is before the fourth is released.

And that Howard the duck idea... Hell yeah ! :grin::wub:

Disney is pretty heavily nostalgia based, that alone makes it more susceptible to criticism.

This. I was trying to say it.

I love almost all of these, but they would've been perfect if they had better accessories and other minor details.

For example, a raven for Maleficent, and a larger cape.

Alice... let's just hope her skirt surprises us.

Peter Pan, tinkerbell as a microfigure.

Aladdin, with abu.

Ariel, with Flounder and Sebastian. Wow.

Ursula, with one of her pets.

Perhaps this is asking for too much but wow this wave would've been very complete.

I do have to comment though, buzz and the alien were a waste of space IMO (they already exist in lego form) And minnie and daisy, quite unnecessary.

I hope the disney series went on for a while, but unfortunately it interrupts the normal series and many do not like that.

Edited by Otherworld

I agree about the sentiment that its good they've stuck with moulded heads for the anthropomorphic creatures.

Also, am I seeing a potential re-use of Peter Pan's hat/hair combo for Link from The Legend of Zelda? (Hopeful, but even just to make your own minifig of him, and the legs! Makes it much easier!)

Edited by Fuppylodders

Its probably why theres no Woody this series as he would most likely need a new hat mold, if their sticking with this standard head look.

Why would Woody need a new hat? They could reuse the existing cowboy hat. That would be the purist thing to do, like using regular heads.

I think it's pretty cool, use of the gold band, but there is a flume/feather piece I have in mind that could have looked better.

Also, am I seeing a potential re-use of Peter Pan's hat/hair combo for Link from The Legend of Zelda?

sorry to burst your bubble but that piece has a red feather moulded on it :sceptic:

Soooo yeah I love the 'figs and all, but doesn't the picture just look a bit off? Some of the face prints look unfinished and the heads fat (not Ursulas even). Is it just because it's a low quality picture?

Just realised that i have a donald duck suit so i defenitely need to buy me a donald duck to make a donald duck me.

These are neat, I guess. At a count of 18, they should still give us 3 complete series in a box, but I wouldn't get my hopes up with LEGO's track record.

I'm disappointed at the inclusion of Buzz and the Alien from TS because they've already been released, and if they're going to push up to 18, they should be better at including companions....

No Jasmine for Aladdin? No Lilo for Stitch? No Aurora for Malificent? A bit unfortunate, in my opinion.

I think Peter Pan, Stitch and Incredibles are the main issues cause they are all able to introduce female candidates but they don't. Despite I'm glad to see two villainess' this time, I really hope to see more non-princess heroines to shine. Hope next time we have Lilo, Tinkerbell/Wendy and Miss Incredible in series 2. :classic:

Yes.... look at my list. there's at least three female figures they should have had instead of Buzz and the Alien. They should have left the incredibles for, perhaps, their entire own series, or maybe taken two franchises so they could give it justice. Dash is the last of the Incredibles I'd want.

EDIT: I guess that's supposed to be Mr. Incredible.... not very good, IMO. If it was short legs, it'd clearly be Dash. Now it just doesn't look that great.

Edited by fred67

They're nice, but I cant deny there is an element of disappointment with these. It feels incomplete. It's odd having Mr. Incredible without his family, Stitch without Lilo, Malificent without Aurora, etc. I think the original leaked inaccurate list was more appealing, especially with Mulan.

My big problem is ultimately I feel like we're going to be waiting around to finish off any particular set of characters from any given franchise and there's no guarantee Lego will even add more characters to these franchises later on.

For instance Aladdin/Genie is really missing Jafar and Jasmine. Syndrome/Mr. Incredible is really missing the rest of the family. Peter Pan and Hook is missing Wendy. Maleficient needs Aurora. And Buzz and the Alien are missing every single other Toy Story character (Granted there's so many characters important to that franchise they would have been better off not rehashing these again).

Oddly, Stitch is kind of fine without Lilo. It's only now that I realize how boring almost everyone else from that movie would be in Lego form... On the flip side I feel like Ariel and Ursula is all we need from the Little Mermaid. I mean we have most of the animal characters already included in the Princess sets. So all we really need is Eric and king Triton and there's already a good selection of parts to recreate them anyway.

Being a Wonderland fan I'm most disappointed by the lack of characters we're getting for that. Granted there's a lot of characters in that movie, so that was bound to happen. I wish they had at least included the Queen of Hearts to act as villain. Seeing Alice makes me want actual sets from this movie.

Edited by strangely

I just love Maleficent, Cheshire Cat and Stich (one of my favourite Disney characters), they are perfect :wub:. Alice, Donald and Alladin are also great. Will surely get those 6 and maybe few others depending on how will they look on hd pics.

Edited by Krulis

Here are some predictions for the quotes:

Little Green Man: "The clawwwwwwwww!"

And that's it.

Thanks for reading :purrr:

It's funny, most of you were expecting short legs for Mickey and now aren't complaining about it. I remember I was the one saying Mickey was going to be tall and most of you doubted me :D

Edited by amazingbricks

It's funny, most of you were expecting short legs for Mickey and now aren't complaining. I remember I was the one saying Mickey was going to be tall and most of you doubted me :D

Lucky guess. :tongue: