just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

So all I need now is Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Alice, Hook, Buzz and Stitch to complete my set! I'm really loving them, and hoping for a second series!

Called into my local Asda last night after work for a few groceries .. it was late about 10.20 pm .. they had about half a box left .. my set is complete but my niece has been after Alice for a week or so .. first bag I felt was Malificent, second was Aladdin, third .. bingo .. Alice .. her Mum says I'm gonna be her favourite person ha ha ha . now reading the posts here about Alice I'm debating whether to open it !

Finally available in my area, horray! I'll probably get about 10 of these, the more I look the more I like some of them.

I've got to buy the ones I want before it's too late, but I'm so busy and so broke. That's what I get for volunteering in the Summer...

I actually really want to see that haha. Sorry to hear you got a bad figure though, did you contact Lego direct? I'm assuming they'll send the correct one out for you to save you bag feeling again.

There's no replacement parts for CMS. I had a Shakespearean actor with a yellow arm, my only defective fig so far (out of full sets of every series, except gold, Olympics, and football). Had to try to get refunded through TRU and the manager was a real dillweed.

So I'm currently on vacation and I stopped into the local Target to check for this series, and Donald in particular. The display was empty except for a pack someone had cut open, so i asked a staff member if they had any more boxes. He checked his stock checker thing, and couldn't find any in the back, but told me there were some in the checkout lanes. I go over there and find series 13! So i got myself another alien and goblin,as well as a king and samurai, which I had skipped.

So I'm currently on vacation and I stopped into the local Target to check for this series, and Donald in particular. The display was empty except for a pack someone had cut open, so i asked a staff member if they had any more boxes. He checked his stock checker thing, and couldn't find any in the back, but told me there were some in the checkout lanes. I go over there and find series 13! So i got myself another alien and goblin,as well as a king and samurai, which I had skipped.

Lucky you! Missed out on them as well and I also want a Donald, as a gift for a friend of mine. Should grab while I still can...

Just got Aladdin. Now I need, Alice, Daisy, Mickey, Captain Hook, Pizza Planet Alien, Buzz, Maleficent, Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, Ursula and Ariel.

I caved and bought them all on Bricklink. It probably wound up costing me much less money than if I had tried to find them all in blind bags. (I have no patience for bag-feeling.) It definitely cost me much less time.

I caved and bought them all on Bricklink. It probably wound up costing me much less money than if I had tried to find them all in blind bags. (I have no patience for bag-feeling.) It definitely cost me much less time.

Ahah, seems fair enough. How much did you pay on average per figure? Bag feeling is a great way to avoid doubles, but even without that, you still pay the full price, some of the most "common" figures, I believe go for cheaper than the original price on Bricklink, am I right?

Including shipping, it came out to a little over $90, so that's a little over $5 per figure on average. Several of them were indeed marked down from retail--not by much, but enough to notice.

Just got Aladdin. Now I need, Alice, Daisy, Mickey, Captain Hook, Pizza Planet Alien, Buzz, Maleficent, Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, Ursula and Ariel.

I wish LEGO would have Swapped out that useless alien for Goofy though.

Edited by barneynedward

I wish LEGO would have Swapped out that useless alien for Goofy though.

Same here, I don't care about the alien, either Goofy should've replaced the little green alien or Woody should be the replacement.

Same here, I don't care about the alien, either Goofy should've replaced the little green alien or Woody should be the replacement.

The Pizza Planet Alien is the only figure in this series who's much of an army-builder, though, and they might have wanted that. They may well also have blown out their "new molds" budget for this series on the other seventeen figures, and the PPA doesn't need any new molds. And not everyone considers it useless - lots of Toy Story fans will surely want it, or indeed multiples, as I indicated earlier. Heck, the only reason I don't feel compelled to get dozens of him myself is because I already amassed 23 of them from the 2010 Toy Story line.

The Pizza Planet Alien is the only figure in this series who's much of an army-builder, though, and they might have wanted that. They may well also have blown out their "new molds" budget for this series on the other seventeen figures, and the PPA doesn't need any new molds. And not everyone considers it useless - lots of Toy Story fans will surely want it, or indeed multiples, as I indicated earlier. Heck, the only reason I don't feel compelled to get dozens of him myself is because I already amassed 23 of them from the 2010 Toy Story line.

Completely agree! I was glad they gave out a little Alien in this series. I didn't get anything from the Toy Story line because it was in my dark ages so he was a cool pick up for me! And it leaves the hole open for the next series round for getting Woody (fingers crossed!).

My mum was lovely today and brought me home a present of 6 random packs from Argos, extremely exciting, thanks mom! :grin::thumbup:

I got 3 duplicates (Aladdin, Genie, and Mickey to join my spare Ursula) and 3 new figures (Ariel, Maleficent, and Minnie)! I'm in love with Ariel, so overjoyed that I have her now as she was one I really wanted and was having a hard time finding.

I now have: Mickey x2, Minnie, Daisy, Stitch, Aladdin x2, Genie x2, Ursula x2, Peter Pan, Hook, Syndrome, and Maleficent.

Now there are only 3 remaining figures I want: Buzz, Donald, and Mr. Incredible! Almost there!

I just got Minnie Mouse and "Mr. Incredible" (who, next to Minnie, looks even MORE like Dash) And I'm so charmed. I'll have to go get Mickey and the ducks. I did not expect to like them as much as I have!

I only regret not getting Mr Incredible, hopefully he will still be there considering he's among the most common. The alien, on the other hand.... well. I really saved my money on that.

Spent a good half an hour feeling the bags for a Daisy, trying to find a duck head and a skirt.. Only to come home frustrated and remember that Daisy has no skirt.

ARGH!

Daisy, Aladdin and Buzz are the only three left that I really want. I ended up with an extra Stitch that I don't need. Holding on to it for a future trade.

Edited by appiah4

My Target finally got a box and somebody cut open all of the packages :hmpf_bad: Looks like i'll be waiting for the aftermarket to go down in prices a little bit.