just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

I still don't understand why LEGO went with the basic clam shell/jewel accessories over Sebastian or Flounder.

Some of us suspect Disney didn't want to relegate any of its characters to being mere accessories for other characters - hence no Flounder, Scuttle, Sebastian, Flotsam, Jetsam, Pluto, Abu, magic carpet, etc.

Well done on your haul .. I always forget how thick the bags are and that there's the leaflet in each one .. I found 3 Maleficents finding that the slope brick of her dress was the best part to feel for .. good luck with your next visit : )

Think I need to start feeling out the small legs (Stitch and Alien), and figures with more odd shaped pieces (Buzz, Maleficent, Ariel) and I should get most of the figures I need.

great visit to the LEGOLAND discovery centre store today I picked up 6 bags which had 3 of the 4 im looking for buzz lightyear , captain hook and syndrome , with a spare daisy duck, Ursula and mickey mouse. , 17 out of 18 so far im only missing Donald duck the nearest ive come to completing a full set

Picked up another two bags, now got an Ariel and Maleficent too. So now only got to find Buzz Lightyear, Donald Duck, Aladdin, Stitch, Mr Incredible, Alien and Minnie Mouse. Not bad for my second pick up.

Ugh, I have had zero luck finding any of these in the South Florida area. I tried a Toys R Us, two Targets, and a Walmart, but only found some older series (15 and 13). Luckily I already got Ursula (one of my favorite characters of all time) from an eBay seller a week ago, but I need the rest too. :(

This feels like the release of series 1 back in 2010... I wonder if LEGO is producing enough of these?

there are heaps at the store i got mine from. dont appear to be moving much at all, but they havent been advertised by that store either.

Edited by sunhuntin

Picked up 5 more in my nearest store yesterday. Had a good 10 minutes feeling up bags to find the ones I needed, along with another customer where we ended up finding what each other wanted and having a blind bag swap haha. Managed to have 17 out of 18 in hand now with Buzz on the way from eBay.. Complete! Our local store was completely sold out of Buzz Lightyears as the staff member who confirmed our blind bag picks told us she had gone through the entire lot out on the shop floor!

The only question that remains is ... now it seems quite a few of us have completed our sets and some almost, now what do we do ?? O_O

Wait for the castle and then series 2 I suppose ?? Lol

Edited by Jarreth2

The only question that remains is ... now it seems quite a few of us have completed our sets and some almost, now what do we do ?? O_O

Wait for the castle and then series 2 I suppose ?? Lol

Just in time for me.. More superheroes are on the way that will drain my wallet!

Finally got my first of the set today at Art N Hobby! Feeling skills were on point again, managed to feel out my priority figure from this series, Stitch! :sweet: So happy with him, he's utterly adorable and a very accurate representation of a character I love! Good job, LEGO! :thumbup:

I'm stuck on a pretty strict college budget, so I'm going to be buying one per week - hopefully I'll have enough time to collect the whole series! Next mission: Find Aladdin and the Genie... :distressed:

I found that this series was much harder to feel than I was expecting. It took a long time to find Stitch, although that may be because he seemed to be the last Stitch left in the box.

They have these here in Rhode Island, USA at Newbury Comics in Warwick. Could only get one since they were marked up by three extra dollars. I got Stitch.

I saw a box of them on the counter at Toys"R"Us in Rotterdam, isolated from the LEGO part of the store. So yeah, really no opportunity for me to feel them out. :sceptic: Maybe they are in high demand in the Netherlands as well, since they kept them there? I'll check my local toy store some time soon then. Gotta get my hands on Syndrome, Malificent and Ursala!

I hate how LEGO always make these blind bags. I tried feeling for a Mickey Mouse and ended up with Daisy Duck. :angry:

It's like LEGO want to **** people off.

Or they want people to buy multiples. :P It seems to be working too, unfortunately.

Mickey shouldn't be to hard to feel for, just try and find his ears and then confirm by seeing there's no dress piece.

Or they want people to buy multiples. :P It seems to be working too, unfortunately.

Mickey shouldn't be to hard to feel for, just try and find his ears and then confirm by seeing there's no dress piece.

I tried that but it doesn't work because I couldn't feel a bow piece at all, yet it was clearly there because I ended up with Daisy instead.

That's the exact method I used. Found the ears, checked for no accessories (ie dress piece) and bingo! I thought Hook was nice and straight forward too with the hat piece, just reconfirmed by finding the sword. Love the blind bag hunt! Was gutted my local Lego store were completely out of Buzz Lightyears.

I got impatient waiting for my local Lego store to restock so I got them at TRU instead. Fully stocked cases next to the customer service counter. Took me 20 mins to feel out 17 (I got Ursula two weeks ago at Legoland). Another guy showed up looking for specific characters and I helped him find them because some people have crappy tactile skills.

No luck trying to source from my local TRU stores. Stocks fly off the shelves faster than a greased monkey. All that's left from what I can tell are Mr. Incredible minifigs. Guess he's the unpopular one for this series as he's not screen accurate (i.e. no pot belly :P)

I found two boxes at a Walmart, although the one on the left was already missing a handful of figures. The box on the right was unopened on the shelf. I used the bump code chart and for this batch it was spot on. Very happy to have found the ones I wanted most.

Mickey

Minnie

Buzz

PP Alien

Stitch

26909190445_fd062016d4_b.jpg

Ugh, I have had zero luck finding any of these in the South Florida area. I tried a Toys R Us, two Targets, and a Walmart, but only found some older series (15 and 13). Luckily I already got Ursula (one of my favorite characters of all time) from an eBay seller a week ago, but I need the rest too. :(

It has sold out in regular stores, however, South Florida Barnes and Nobles have a few (or at least, the one in Coral Springs had some last Friday. About 20)

It has sold out in regular stores, however, South Florida Barnes and Nobles have a few (or at least, the one in Coral Springs had some last Friday. About 20)

It's great that you can find it in other states. Here, locally... all the TRUs I've been had no stocks within 2 days of release. It is highly on demand compared to Series 15.

This series is CRAZY in-demand.

The stock in my nearby Tesco apparently sold out May 2nd.

Meanwhile, the nearest Art N Hobby has a pretty large stock (3 boxes, last time I checked) but it's running through them fast. I asked the shopkeeper about it, and he said that they're probably the most popular series of minifigures that they've had, and it's only May 9th.

LEGO are probably going to have to send out more of these!

This series is CRAZY in-demand.

The stock in my nearby Tesco apparently sold out May 2nd.

Meanwhile, the nearest Art N Hobby has a pretty large stock (3 boxes, last time I checked) but it's running through them fast. I asked the shopkeeper about it, and he said that they're probably the most popular series of minifigures that they've had, and it's only May 9th.

LEGO are probably going to have to send out more of these!

They seem to be going like hot cakes! My local Lego store told me they sold out of them on the first day and had to wait for more to come in which are the ones I got to pick through, but even those had been hit hard! Definitely my favourite series by far, and the quickest I've collected a set!

They seem to be going like hot cakes! My local Lego store told me they sold out of them on the first day and had to wait for more to come in which are the ones I got to pick through, but even those had been hit hard! Definitely my favourite series by far, and the quickest I've collected a set!

Yikes, with my college budget I'm not sure I'm going to be able to complete this series before it disappears! It's a shame because this is the first series of minifigures where I've genuinely wanted to have a complete set. I have Stitch only so far! Which figure is your favourite?

Going to try to find Aladdin or Genie at some point this week as my reward for studying for exams. Hopefully Tesco will restock soon, I might ask them about it but I have the feeling I'd be too awkward. :def_shrug: