just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Let me know if you find any in your Tesco over there. I checked my Tesco on Tuesday and they had zilch :(.

Just traded my duplicate Peter Pan and Alice for Stitch and Syndrome! Result. 6 down, 12 to go.

Didn't find any in my Tesco, they didn't even have any Series 15 left. :cry_sad: Looks like Tesco in Ireland/UK are a bit behind.

If you have the 'Art N Hobby' chain of shops in the UK though, they apparently have them in stock! :thumbup:

They stopped the buy 5 get one free promotion, the manager told me there was something wrong with the Irish system (but we all know it's because Disney will sell regardless).

Oh and I don't recommend TESCO they always overprice stuff.

NO! :cry_sad: Ugh, what a bummer...

Aw, that's such bad news, I loved that promotion for Series 15! Yeah, I wouldn't normally buy from Tesco - the only reason I was looking is that it's close to where I'm studying, and I need to get an assignment done for tomorrow and thought I'd pick up a blind bag to motivate me to get it done. :laugh:

I'm still gonna try to get these at Art N Hobby, but this is such a disappointment. That loyalty card promotion was great.

Picked up another 12 packs in Toy Barnhaus again this evening.. Was still on Buy 5 Get 1 Free! Ended up with another Alice duplicate, Geenie aaaand about 3 Ariels haha. Will need to shift those! Only need 7 now.

Managed to get my first 6 yesterday. Mr Incredible had a black mark on his bottom! :grin:

incredible.jpg

I managed to get all 18 last night - I consider myself to be incredibly fortunate.

I love them all, but my favourite mini figures are Maleficent, Donald Duck, Buzz Lightyear, Ursula and Peter Pan. I was a little disappointed with some of the accessories (e.g. Ariel’s clamshell and jewel) and with the absence of accessories for some characters, particularly Stitch and Cheshire Cat since they both seem “cheap” due to their size and non-articulated legs. But, overall I’m very happy with this series.

I really hope that Lego release a second series of Disney CMFs. If so, I’d love to see: Woody, Jessie, Mulan, The Beast, Belle, Jasmine, Jafar, Goofy, Clarabelle, Pluto, Uncle Scrooge, Bernard, Bianca, Merida, Chip, Dale, Hercules and Hades. Not to mention many, many, many others!

Edited by Agent 86

My other half nipped into town at The Entertainer are apparently not going to stock them for one reason or another...

Probably because Maleficent and Ursula are in the series and they're both witches.

Managed to get my first 6 yesterday. Mr Incredible had a black mark on his bottom! :grin:

*huh* hahaha. This kinda made my day.

Syndrome must have given him a proper fright!

Ha ha, although he must have eaten something really bad :laugh:

*huh* hahaha. This kinda made my day.

That's what I initially though, I guess it was some kind of misprint, well I hope so anyway!

Update on the Tesco Ireland/UK sitch, I visited again today, and while they still don't have any in stock, they DO have a sticker on the shelf listing "LEGO Disney MF - Currently Out of Stock."

So either they did get a box in and someone bought the whole box (unlikely, Ireland's FOL community isn't that intense as far as I've encountered) or they have some almost ready to go out on shelves.

Update on the Tesco Ireland/UK sitch, I visited again today, and while they still don't have any in stock, they DO have a sticker on the shelf listing "LEGO Disney MF - Currently Out of Stock."

So either they did get a box in and someone bought the whole box (unlikely, Ireland's FOL community isn't that intense as far as I've encountered) or they have some almost ready to go out on shelves.

Cheers for the heads up AnnaBuildsLego! Will keep my eyes peeled in my Tesco's.

Went into Tesco yesterday and saw 1 and a half boxes, managed to get 12 unique ones. Then my mum saw the ones I had got and fell in love with 6 of them, so I came back today and there was just a handful left! Still managed to pick up 4 of the 6 she wanted, and Bagpuss for me, 5 left to get. It did add £30 to my usual £20 shopping bill though :look:

Edited by Fuppylodders

As with anything I know this can change but I was told by the manager at my local lego store that they were not going to be getting more after the first shipment as Disney wanted to sell them at their parks and stores and that all the rest would go there. I am a regular at the store and they have never really been off on the stuff they have told me in the past and they knew I had no interest in them so not a story to make me hurry and buy.

Cheers for the heads up AnnaBuildsLego! Will keep my eyes peeled in my Tesco's.

No problem, of course! :thumbup::classic: Definitely do, I feel like this series is a massive hit already and they're gonna fly off the shelves once they appear! :oh: I really need to get my hands on these, it's stressing me out. :laugh:

Went into Tesco yesterday and saw 1 and a half boxes, managed to get 12 unique ones. Then my mum saw the ones I had got and fell in love with 6 of them, so I came back today and there was just a handful left! Still managed to pick up 4 of the 6 she wanted, and Bagpuss for me, 5 left to get. It did add £30 to my usual £20 shopping bill though :look:

Wow! There really are so many stories of shops clearing out of these extremely fast. Could this turn out to be the most popular CMF series yet?

I personally think it probably will, given that it combines LEGO and Disney, and that's just gigantic!

Edited by AnnaBuildsLego

Me again .. went to my nearest Lego store today ( they are all extremely helpful there ) they had them all segregated out into bags so you could ask for the ones you needed .. I got a couple for my niece too. This was their second delivery of them all and the girl there said they had more on order so ??

There were a couple looking through the bags on the shelves and we helped one another out and a young girl who was only after Captain Hook and Peter Pan .. so I mentioned to her that they had some already identified she should just ask the assistant .. so she got what she wanted and then said I I might as well have an Ariel while I'm here .. told them both about the upcoming castle and they were both like 'oooooooohh'

I'm loving this figure the most so here's a quick pic .. Sebastian is obviously too big but I think Flounder is just about right .. I have a snarfblatt and also a while scroll ( this is for Ursula ) I found coming from Brick Warriors ^_^

image.jpeg

Edited by Jarreth2

It's sad to see the big lack of quality control in these. :( I wonder why this is happening?

Because they will sell regardless because people love Disney.

Ah, that's a decent looking piece. Too bad I'm such a purist, as I'd love to get a pipe. They missed a great opportunity with the Lord of the Rings sets.

The Lord of the Rings sets were my first port of call I assumed there would be one from Gandalf or one of the dwarves I could have used .. sadly not .. but you're right .. luckily the Ariel that I want the snarfblatt for and the Ursula I want the scroll for are just part of my little mermaid stuff .. I have an extra of both that I'll keep 'pure' for when I get the castle ^_^

That's what I initially though, I guess it was some kind of misprint, well I hope so anyway!

Right. It gave me a good laugh yesterday :grin:

I'm loving this figure the most so here's a quick pic .. Sebastian is obviously too big but I think Flounder is just about right .. I have a snarfblatt and also a while scroll ( this is for Ursula ) I found coming from Brick Warriors ^_^

Love how you put Sebastian & Flounder with Ariel. I still don't understand why LEGO went with the basic clam shell/jewel accessories over Sebastian or Flounder.

Living in a pretty rural place has it's perks when it comes to LEGO, have a Tesco and an independent toy shop within walking distance, so Tesco has boxes and boxes of untouched figures, and the toy shop has a box behind the counter, alongside a lot of older series mini figures. But managed to pick up:

2x Mickey Mouse

2x Daisy Duck

2x Ursula

1x Captain Hook

1x Peter Pan

1x Genie

1x Alice

1x Cheshire Cat

1x Syndrome

Not bad for a first pickup, but clearly my bag feeling skills aren't up to scratch, hoping to pick some more up later though. Surprised I've not managed to find an Ariel or even a Maleficent yet, seem to be the bulkier figures which would be easier to feel for, right?

Well done on your haul .. I always forget how thick the bags are and that there's the leaflet in each one .. I found 3 Maleficents finding that the slope brick of her dress was the best part to feel for .. good luck with your next visit : )