just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Well back from my haul .. not a good experience but thanks to my relative I had 2 brand new boxes fresh off the lorry to look through .. some of these are easy to find others not so easy .. I did my best and then decided to take the plunge and buy both boxes ...

so ... put the ones I had identified back in the first box .. at the checkout they refused to sell me both boxes .. apparently it's deemed as bulk buying and not for 'personal use' so I managed to retrieve the ones I had identified from the first box and then had to let the others go.

If I'd have know they wouldn't sell me the boxes I'd have spend a lot longer going through the second box too ! Ahh well .. Been told that I can return on another day to buy another set .. oh yeah they'd only let me buy 18 as there's 18 in a set .. but I can't go back in later and buy more.

Bad show TRU bad show : (

I like that it idea prevents scalpers.

These guys are sold out everywhere near me (Toys R Us, Target, My Lego Stores) and it's listed as "Sold Out" on shop.lego.com. Surely they're not gone for good already, right? I'm nervous.

These guys are sold out everywhere near me (Toys R Us, Target, My Lego Stores) and it's listed as "Sold Out" on shop.lego.com. Surely they're not gone for good already, right? I'm nervous.

They'll be back in stock soon on S@H. This happened several times with series 15.

I like that it idea prevents scalpers.

I don't. It may prevent some scalping but if you didn't allow purchases of entire boxes, non-scalpers would be penalised too. And the innocent shouldn't be punished for the sins of the guilty.

I felt for the ones I wanted from this series but have bought entire boxes of previous series keeping the ones I wanted and selling my extras to friends at cost. I shouldn't be prevented from doing that - it's not scalping.

I don't. It may prevent some scalping but if you didn't allow purchases of entire boxes, non-scalpers would be penalised too. And the innocent shouldn't be punished for the sins of the guilty.

I felt for the ones I wanted from this series but have bought entire boxes of previous series keeping the ones I wanted and selling my extras to friends at cost. I shouldn't be prevented from doing that - it's not scalping.

Isn't buying something to resale it the definition of scalping? You still kept anyone else who went to that store from getting the figs. That's the whole point of saying no to it.

Isn't buying something to resale it the definition of scalping? You still kept anyone else who went to that store from getting the figs. That's the whole point of saying no to it.

Yes thats the definition of scalping.

Yes thats the definition of scalping.

By your definitions, all shops are scalping, and it is incorrect.

The actual retail-related definition is

* to resell (tickets, merchandise, etc.) at higher than the official rates.

* to buy and sell (stocks) so as to make small quick profits.

Isn't buying something to resale it the definition of scalping?

As Darkdragon has pointed out, "scalping" doesn't mean what you think it means. Scalping requires an element of profit or the intention of making a profit. I didn't profit. I was just helping friends.

You still kept anyone else who went to that store from getting the figs.

No, I didn't because I reserved the boxes in advance. But even if I hadn't ordered my own boxes, I still wouldn't have a case to answer. The other people who went to that store were no more deserving of getting the minifigures they wanted than my friends and, taken on aggregate, probably less so. I knew with certainty that all of the recipients of the minifigures I bought would appreciate them because they're AFOLs who had requested specific minifigures. However, it's likely that at least some of the other people who would have bought those minifigures would have done so blind and given them to recipients who didn't want them.

Just so you guys know, you can expect my review on Brickset at noon EST tomorrow. Hope it's worth the long wait! :wink:

Hey guys - keep an eye out for a possible commercial. There was a rumor going around that one was being made, and Tinker Bell was in it. I don't know if it's coming out or not, if you see one, record it and post it !

So Tinker Bell is secretly in this series?

Maybe they made only 5000....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

So Tinker Bell is secretly in this series?

Maybe they made only 5000....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:

Yeah, it was where you guys first saw the list on NeoGAF, for some reason they were told to change their posts... so I can't really screenshot it. :def_shrug:

Finally got my hands on this series, although it was quite a hassle to get them. My toysrus decided to make the rule of having 2 bags per customer, I don't know if that's how anyone else's toysrus is, but that's ridiculous. So, I had to get family to help buy them. With all of us paying in seperate lanes, it worked, but I'm never going to toysrus to get minifigures. I'm happy with the minifigures, stitch is definitely my favorite.

Edited by amazingbricks

Yep, it's come down to that. It's all because of the people who buy the whole box, anyways, I'm glad I had family with me to buy them.

2 per person is absolute madness. I had a hunt around all our supermarkets and places like Argos etc and nobody had them. My other half nipped into town at The Entertainer are apparently not going to stock them for one reason or another but Toy Barnhaus had them! Fresh boxes. Buy 5 get 1 free.. so she kindly picked me up 6! I need to go into town tonight for a couple of bits so I'm feeling a good spend up on them!

Out of the 6 I got yesterday I ended up with 2x Peter Pan, 2x Alice, 1x Mr. Incredible and 1x Cheshire Cat. Can't wait to get some more. Open to trades in the UK if people happen to need some others.

Fellow Irish fans - apparently Art N Hobby shops are now stocking the Disney minifigures, as they sent me an email announcing that they are now in stock! :thumbup:

Also going to check the local Tesco today, here's hoping I can grab my first one, preferably Stitch! :wub:

Fellow Irish fans - apparently Art N Hobby shops are now stocking the Disney minifigures, as they sent me an email announcing that they are now in stock! :thumbup:

Also going to check the local Tesco today, here's hoping I can grab my first one, preferably Stitch! :wub:

Let me know if you find any in your Tesco over there. I checked my Tesco on Tuesday and they had zilch :(.

Just traded my duplicate Peter Pan and Alice for Stitch and Syndrome! Result. 6 down, 12 to go.

And the innocent shouldn't be punished for the sins of the guilty.

unfortunately, this is why we have most rules...

Finally got my hands on this series, although it was quite a hassle to get them. My toysrus decided to make the rule of having 2 bags per customer, I don't know if that's how anyone else's toysrus is, but that's ridiculous. So, I had to get family to help buy them. With all of us paying in seperate lanes, it worked, but I'm never going to toysrus to get minifigures. I'm happy with the minifigures, stitch is definitely my favorite.

This isn't surprising. Toys R' Us is a horrible place to buy Lego. They tend to markup prices anyhow. Not even sure why I got a rewards card there but maybe it will be useful if I have to get them there in a pinch.

When are these guys for sale in the netherlands?

The Play Today store in Gouda has them for €2,99 each.

They stopped the buy 5 get one free promotion, the manager told me there was something wrong with the Irish system (but we all know it's because Disney will sell regardless).

Oh and I don't recommend TESCO they always overprice stuff.

Edited by Soupperson1