just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

I got mickey, minnie, daisy, and Donald for my daughter for her birthday. Had to buy them online for a small markup as my stores were all sold out and I did not think they would have more by her birthday so the tiny premium was worth it. I was at target today and they only had 1 pack left and it was ariel, another one she will want so it was a win. The bump code matched what I found online plus I could feel the sea shell.

Edited by droid747

picked up aladdin today. was extra paranoid about missing him, so walked around for a bit, making sure i could feel the lamp, his hair and legs. opened the pack in the parking lot just to make sure.

ive temporarily repurposed the frozen fever castle from the princess line for these guys. since it has a slide, and some white leaf pieces, i used the second dagger from peter pan to prop the aliens up on the slide. poked the dagger handle through one of the leaf holes. works well, and not overly noticible.

apologies for the rubbish photo, lol. i have since moved aladdin and maleficent to inbetween the "spires", and put daisy where aladdin was.

P1030270.jpg

Got the last two figures I needed to complete my series (Maleficent and Buzz Lightyear). I love all the details on Buzz's outfit, especially on the legs. Maleficent is still my favorite; her collar and hat really sell her well. She looks like she would go great with Regana's castle from the Elves theme, for some reason...

I just found a box at Walmart today, I got buzz, stich, alien, Ariel, and peter, it was nice there was some other dudes we helped each other find some.

Oh, forgot to say... I am still 100% correct in feeling the bags, although this series was pretty hard! :classic:

Oh, forgot to say... I am still 100% correct in feeling the bags, although this series was pretty hard! :classic:

Nicely done:)

I'm amazed S@H / the minifigures site isn't updated with these yet.

I recently picked up the whole line of minifigures, and I've got to say, they're pretty great. There are a few issues here and there (such as my personal distaste for the inclusion of the LGM and Syndrome's nearly non-minifigure-like face), but besides that, the minifigures act as a solid representation of the original characters.

How hard were Stitch, Aladdin, Genie and Peter Pan to feel for? Those are the ones I really want to find, so if you have any tips about how to feel them out it'd be tremendously appreciated. :blush:

I'm amazed S@H / the minifigures site isn't updated with these yet.

Here in Ireland they are up on the site and available, I'm assuming this is true of the UK also!

mixed feelings I picked up 26 bags today and I got 14 out of 18 the ones I am missing are Donald , Captain Hook , Syndrome and buzz lightyear

I was so sure I felt and picked up buzz but I couldn't feel captain hook

does anybody have a spare Donald , buzz , captain hook or syndrome I can have , out of the 26 packs i got today i have

3x Minnie mouse

4x stitch

2x peter pan

2x ariel

2x Cheshire cat

2x green alien

2x mr incredible

2x maleficant

2x ursula

1x mickey mouse

1x daisy duck

1x aladdin

1x genie

1x alice

arrrggghhh how do you feel for buzz lightyear i was soooooo disappointed i didn't get him today

How hard were Stitch, Aladdin, Genie and Peter Pan to feel for? Those are the ones I really want to find, so if you have any tips about how to feel them out it'd be tremendously appreciated. :blush:

Stitch isn't too bad. Has short legs (Which there's only one other in this series that has those) and then his ears on his head are pretty easy to feel for. Genie and Aladdin aren't terribly hard. With Genie nearly all his pieces are special to him. So if you feel a rounded head/hat piece with pointed ears and a feather piece floating around in the bag than you've got Genie. Aladdin is harder because of the generic pieces. But if you feel the lamp and nothing else unusual than that's him. Peter is pretty easy. Just feel for the knives which come in a set where they're connected together (They're rubbery feeling), plus his hat is pointed at the top.

arrrggghhh how do you feel for buzz lightyear i was soooooo disappointed i didn't get him today

Buzz’s armor has a pretty unique feel. If that doesn’t work try for the wings. Nothing else in the series like them.

can somebody please give me spares of buzz lightyear . syndrome , captain hook and Donald duck i really really really want to complete the series

does anybody have a spare Donald , buzz , captain hook or syndrome I can have

I may not be able to PM because I don't have enough posts, but I have a buzz and a syndrome I need to trade for a couple you have extras of.

but I did honestly I felt the wings , im just to pester around the internet until I can get free spares as im not missing out on a full collection this time im going to do whatever it takes to get the remaining 4 for free

Really liked these figures, so didn't bother feeling or anything, so just bought 25 bags purely blindly.

12 out of the 18, with 13 doubles/triples.

D'oh!

Oh well, still really like them! Will have to give a little more effort next time ;-)

Was at BrickFest in Philly this weekend and it was pretty cool to see how people worked some of the new figures in their MOCs.

I went to my nearest LEGO Store yesterday, and when I arrived there were three people packet-feeling the remnants of a mostly-empty box; after they collected the bags in front of them and bought them, there were just four packets left, and all of them seemed to be Mr. Incredible, so that's the one minifigure I got - though I got two, one for my Disney-loving wife. She's out of town on a work trip, and called me from a LEGO Store near where she's working this week. She found plenty of the Disney minifigures, but alas, she had trouble packet-feeling them, so she just bought eighteen to bring back. She subsequently opened one in her hotel room and got Mickey, but she'll save the rest for when she gets home. I'm guessing we'll be doing some trading...

Stitch isn't too bad. Has short legs (Which there's only one other in this series that has those) and then his ears on his head are pretty easy to feel for.

There are actually two others with short legs: Cheshire Cat and Alien. But you're quite right that the combination of short legs and big ears makes him easy to identify.

I still would have swapped out Maleficent or the Pizza Planet alien for Goofy.

Swapping for the Pizza Planet Alien, I can get behind. Maleficent, well she's my favorite.

Stitch isn't too bad. Has short legs (Which there's only one other in this series that has those) and then his ears on his head are pretty easy to feel for. Genie and Aladdin aren't terribly hard. With Genie nearly all his pieces are special to him. So if you feel a rounded head/hat piece with pointed ears and a feather piece floating around in the bag than you've got Genie. Aladdin is harder because of the generic pieces. But if you feel the lamp and nothing else unusual than that's him. Peter is pretty easy. Just feel for the knives which come in a set where they're connected together (They're rubbery feeling), plus his hat is pointed at the top.

Thanks a mil! I figured Stitch would be pretty easy to feel for considering the big ears, but it's nice to get confirmation of that (I haven't been to any shops since May began, so I haven't encountered these little guys yet)! :classic: It's good to hear also that the others are easy enough to pick out, too. Thanks for the help!

I will be making the trek to the nearest shop tomorrow to see if any of the Disney figures have landed in Ireland yet. I don't know if I'm going to buy any, considering I'm already spoiled this week with a Pet Shop waiting for me, but if I find a Stitch I'd be hard-pressed not to buy him. :laugh:

I don't know if anyone asked this question before, but did anyone try to turn Maleficent into The Evil Queen from Snow White?

Evil_Queen_Grimhilde.png

It just Might Work!

I got Maleficent, but not the right head or crown piece or the white cloth the goes behind the head. You know?

http://www.lego.com/en-us/minifigures Website updated!

All of the images on the character bio pages appear to be broken. Oh, and there's a new game! And...

Adopted by the Potato Heads, the three green squeak-toy aliens are quick to remind Mr. Potato Head that he saved their lives and they are eternally grateful.

Too funny...

Edited by Puffle Pal26