just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

WhiteFang's review will be up very soon

Yes, can't wait to see them up and close in HD quality. :grin:

That Ursula with the all lavender worse is just perfect.

The Ursula with the lavender torso looks only okay to me. IMO the difference is pretty negligible, but overall the lavender torso does look better from the front, while the black one looks better from the side.

Anyone else kind of ticked about the bad eye prints? Every single copy I've seen has small eyes.

onuWIyBg.pngiArLccp.png

cgzRxn1.png6FlqerR.png

I understand your situation, but please in the future do not blow up on me--I honestly don't come here to make members angry, although clearly that unfortunately happens sometimes. :look:

Sent you a PM. TL;DR, my apologies.

Anyone else kind of ticked about the bad eye prints? Every single copy I've seen has small eyes.

Well, from what I'm hearing and seeing, if the eye-printing being slightly small is the biggest issue, you/they/we are getting off easy. Good luck to all. For the record, in the last two years since I've been collecting LEGO again, I've never had a problem with a single CMF fig that I've bought. Not a one. I accidentally threw away the Spooky Girl's skirt piece, because, at the time, I didn't know TLG made anything like that, and I didn't realize it was in the bag, but that was on me :facepalm:

I'm mostly bothered about the printing around Donald's bow. You can see yellow areas on the black printing. The eyes for the ducks are very different, and it only bothers me if I compare it with the renders.

The Ursula with the lavender torso looks only okay to me. IMO the difference is pretty negligible, but overall the lavender torso does look better from the front, while the black one looks better from the side.

I feel the same. The lavender torso really needs black printing on the sides as it looks terrible from the side.

Can anyone link me to somewhere i can buy a whole box of these from the UK?

Everywhere i look it is only individual packets that you can purchase.

thanks

I feel the same. The lavender torso really needs black printing on the sides as it looks terrible from the side.

I disagree, I don't think it looks that bad from the side. It's not as big a deal as the other issues the black torso causes. If they were to implement side printing, though, that would be excellent.

I'm mostly bothered about the printing around Donald's bow. You can see yellow areas on the black printing. The eyes for the ducks are very different, and it only bothers me if I compare it with the renders.

They've long had differences between the renders and the final parts for all the blind-bagged minifigures. Look at the Fisherman's fishing line and the Hula Girl's skirt from Series 3, for example.

The actual shapes of any / all molded parts tend to be the same, but anything from paint / print details (especially on unusual new parts) to the finish (especially shiny vs. matte) on certain molded parts to the texture, thickness, drape and cut of soft goods are subject to noticeable variation.

It's possible the renders are done before they have final production samples of the actual physical figures. As long as the latter don't actually look bad, I wouldn't worry too much about them deviating from the renders, but that's just me.

I disagree, I don't think it looks that bad from the side. It's not as big a deal as the other issues the black torso causes. If they were to implement side printing, though, that would be excellent.

I agree, black printing on a lavender torso would have been the ideal solution.

They have started to show up at Toys R Us in the US, and I spoke with a former coworker at my local TRU and she said they got a memo to disregard the release date and put them out.

They have started to show up at Toys R Us in the US, and I spoke with a former coworker at my local TRU and she said they got a memo to disregard the release date and put them out.

Thats odd.

Thats odd.

Three of the area Wal-Marts put their two cases out, so there may be something to it.

As an aside, after some doing I finally found Aladdin, so I’m done with this series. Now to make it to September.

Thats odd.

Especially since they were originally hard street dated in the system, i.e. the system would make them get a manager to sell one, it is definitely not normal.

I got my full set of 18 yesterday. The minifigs in my opinion are excellent but the printing quality is not consistent across all figures like many have already pointed out. Luckily for me, all my minifigs have good printing (including Mickey and Minnie - I examined closely)except for Ariel. She has a huge scar across her front tail which is annoying and unacceptable. I am actually thinking of bringing her back to the shop to get a replacement.

I got my full set of 18 yesterday. The minifigs in my opinion are excellent but the printing quality is not consistent across all figures like many have already pointed out. Luckily for me, all my minifigs have good printing (including Mickey and Minnie - I examined closely)except for Ariel. She has a huge scar across her front tail which is annoying and unacceptable. I am actually thinking of bringing her back to the shop to get a replacement.

That's not a scar - the mermaid tail minifigure element is actually comprised of two pieces melded together. That's just the seam where the two components meet. It's on all mermaid tails - including older variations like the one on the Ocean King - but they aren't as noticable since they're printed and in duller, lighter colors. An undecorated element in a dark, bright color like Ariel's tail makes the seam more visible, so unfortunately I doubt you'll find a replacement that won't have it relatively visible...

Edited by telaruhn

PSA + STORY:

Went to Target today to pick up some non-Lego everyday life necessities and decided to swing by the Lego isle.

To my surprise my Target (that never has any new sets out earlier than a week after street dates, other than a one time for a Ninjago set) had the Disney CMF figures... :moar:

but only 5 of them were out...

and they were opened... :sad:

but all the pieces were inside the packs. *huh*

So, being my nosy self, I checked to see what figs were there. I saw 2 Genies, 1 Alien, 1 Stitch, and 1 Mickey Mouse.

Was tempted to get Mickey, but I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle explaining to the cashier, "no I didn't open them but I'm still buying them..."

... But if you're in the Mount Vernon / Pelham / Pelham Manor / New Rochelle area and you want some opened figs and lazy employees insisting that what they have on the shelves is all that they have in the store, come on down. :sceptic::thumbup:

But damn, what jerk opens figs and just leaves them there!!! :angry:

Thanks telaruhn for clarifying the seam line on ariel's mermaid tail. I had another look at whitefang's review and his ariel's photo has the same obvious line as well. So I guess it's all good at the end but can't help noticing as the line is ugly and so obvious .

Thanks telaruhn for clarifying the seam line on ariel's mermaid tail. I had another look at whitefang's review and his ariel's photo has the same obvious line as well. So I guess it's all good at the end but can't help noticing as the line is ugly and so obvious .

Yeah, I had expected some printing on the tail. This tail piece looks so bare, which really makes the seam stand out.

PSA + STORY:

Went to Target today to pick up some non-Lego everyday life necessities and decided to swing by the Lego isle.

To my surprise my Target (that never has any new sets out earlier than a week after street dates, other than a one time for a Ninjago set) had the Disney CMF figures... :moar:

but only 5 of them were out...

and they were opened... :sad:

but all the pieces were inside the packs. *huh*

So, being my nosy self, I checked to see what figs were there. I saw 2 Genies, 1 Alien, 1 Stitch, and 1 Mickey Mouse.

Was tempted to get Mickey, but I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle explaining to the cashier, "no I didn't open them but I'm still buying them..."

... But if you're in the Mount Vernon / Pelham / Pelham Manor / New Rochelle area and you want some opened figs and lazy employees insisting that what they have on the shelves is all that they have in the store, come on down. :sceptic::thumbup:

But damn, what jerk opens figs and just leaves them there!!! :angry:

Someone around here did that with an Ursula and Stitch. Only other time I’ve ever seen that is early last year when Wal-Mart did some housekeeping and turned up a series 11 Scarecrow from under one of the shelving units.

Someone around here did that with an Ursula and Stitch. Only other time I’ve ever seen that is early last year when Wal-Mart did some housekeeping and turned up a series 11 Scarecrow from under one of the shelving units.

Must not have been a very bright person. Ursula is the easiest to detect. :laugh: