just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Thanks for the response. I'll ask Customer Service if they'll do it. It's too early now to access it from their replacement parts section

These minifigs are definitely looking super dull/opaque. Specially Aladdin, it gives him that unkept aspect.

Can someone post pictures of Donald & Daisy's new tail piece & Donald's hat?

WhiteFang's review will be up very soon

Edited by Robert8

Granted to be honest, this whole issue of replacements for CMFs seems a bit...whiny? That's perhaps too harsh a word, but really, why not just chalk it up as loss and get another one? These are $4; they're not a missing radar dish off a UCS Millennium Falcon or anything, let's be honest here.

While I understand what you try to say, I think at any price quality control should be taken seriously for the largest toy company in the world. And 4 bucks is a lot of money for a plastic figure made in China for about 0,05 cents a piece (wild guess, but I suppose you know what I am trying to say here).

I can understand that, I really can, but I personally would be disinclined to look at it that way for a number of reasons:

- LEGO has a certain reputation for quality, above and beyond what one might expect from other toy vendors. They promote that reputation and use it as a selling point. It's only fair to hold them to it.

- They seem to promise a level of customer service they aren't delivering. Note that when they first started these things, way back with Minifigures Series 1 in May of 2010, they didn't have all the same customer service notices on them that they do now. They added the customer service info to the little fold-out sheets several series ago, when the first few series didn't have it. Someone who collected these from the beginning might reasonably interpret that to mean that they will now offer a level of customer service for the blind-bagged Minifigures that they originally didn't. The fact they now offer so-called "CMF" parts in Build-a-Minifigure kiosks in LEGO Stores only reinforces this perception.

- Even a small amount of money is a lot to some people. There are surely some buyers out there for whom $4 is all they can justify spending on a toy, and they may very well opt to spend it on one of these figures that they just love, and have to have, and want more than any other single thing they could get with that measly $4. If such a person chooses to spend that money on one of these and it's defective, that will really suck.

- The blind-bagged Minifigures have shorter production runs and availability windows than other LEGO sets. It's entirely possible someone could buy the figure(s) they want while they're available, then encounter an issue after these have disappeared from stores. Even if the total availability hasn't quite ended yet, if it's far enough along then all the copies of one particular figure might have disappeared from shelves, which sucks if that happens to be the particular figure you need a replacement for.

- We invest a lot more in these than just money. Since they're blind-bagged, we practice all sorts of strategies to get the ones we want. Some of us (such as myself) stand in stores feeling packets, sometimes for hours at a time, in order to get all the ones we want; sometimes when I'm nearing the end of a particular series, I might spend an hour or more feeling packets trying to get just one single figure. Others try those bump marks on the packets. Still others buy blindly, and then trade their dupes and unwanted ones for the ones they want, like everyone who ever collected trading cards as a kid did (which is presumably the idea behind the whole so-called "CMF" line). And still others resign themselves to just buying and buying, possibly amassing large numbers of dupes they don't necessarily want, until they finally have all the ones they need. If one goes through a series of minifigures over a period of weeks or months, spending hours at a time on acquisition, possibly investing a huge amount of time to collect that one particular desired figure, and then it turns out to have a problem, that has to be pretty deeply frustrating.

Glad some people have responded to this. To be honest, reading that original post kind of pissed me off. Who are you to tell anyone what is or is not a lot of money? Or what is or is not a legitimate gripe? Damn, dude.

Beyond that irrational response to a harmless post, it's pretty disheartening to hear that some LEGO stores have these for sale already. I haven't checked mine because the release date isn't until the 1st. Arrrggg. Also, I lost my job recently, so $4 is a lot right this second. I'm afraid these will be all gone by the time I can afford them. Bugger all.

No offense, Nemo.

...until someone at customer service voluntarily gave up their own copy of the minifig.

Dang, I hope they got a promotion. That's some serious commitment to one's employer, even if it is "only $4".

That $4 had to come from somewhere, and in this case it was a random nice guy working minimum wage as a customer service rep just trying to feed his wife and kids. It's a weird world. Kudos to that guy. Kudos.

Dang, I hope they got a promotion. That's some serious commitment to one's employer, even if it is "only $4".

That $4 had to come from somewhere, and in this case it was a random nice guy working minimum wage as a customer service rep just trying to feed his wife and kids. It's a weird world. Kudos to that guy. Kudos.

Yeah, I honestly wish they would've just given me a refund of sorts. Heck, even a gift certificate for $4. They just went for it. I hope the guy was able to find another Jester fig.

Anyways, goes to show that Lego needs to do something about these issues. While I see Nemo's point about $4 not being too much for most people, the reality is most of us are buying large amounts of these figs, and a $4 loss is felt. Lego needs to be responsible for its own mistakes and not make its customers liable for what is effectively a factory error.

Thanks for the response. I'll ask Customer Service if they'll do it. It's too early now to access it from their replacement parts section

They only ever have generic parts at the replacement parts site, never parts unique to CMFs. If it appears in a regular set, you have a chance. Otherwise, none.

Glad some people have responded to this. To be honest, reading that original post kind of pissed me off. Who are you to tell anyone what is or is not a lot of money? Or what is or is not a legitimate gripe? Damn, dude.

Beyond that irrational response to a harmless post, it's pretty disheartening to hear that some LEGO stores have these for sale already. I haven't checked mine because the release date isn't until the 1st. Arrrggg. Also, I lost my job recently, so $4 is a lot right this second. I'm afraid these will be all gone by the time I can afford them. Bugger all.

No offense, Nemo.

I understand your situation, but please in the future do not blow up on me--I honestly don't come here to make members angry, although clearly that unfortunately happens sometimes. :look:

Fact of the matter is, we are all adults here and we all know Lego is expensive. Lego is also (although some might have you believe otherwise) not a life and death purchase, rather a hobby. All that being said, Lego does have a responsibility to right wrongs, but their inability to do so with CMFs is well documented. We don't need to discuss here how Lego owes us an arm and a leg because we bought one CMF that slipped their otherwise effective quality control.

---

Anyways, this whole thing is getting way off topic; its barely relevant to the Disney figures at this point. Let's focus on them once again shall we? Thanks! :thumbup:

The 1st happens to fall on a very inopportune date for me. I work all day on Sunday. Luckily the Toys R' Us and Target near me happens to be open later then where I work so I'll at least be able to check there. I've been trying not to spend any money till then so I can at least get the characters I want or at least most of them.

The 1st happens to fall on a very inopportune date for me. I work all day on Sunday. Luckily the Toys R' Us and Target near me happens to be open later then where I work so I'll at least be able to check there. I've been trying not to spend any money till then so I can at least get the characters I want or at least most of them.

Have you tried going to a Target before May 1st? You can check their stock. I got all my figures last Sunday. :grin:

Hmmm. So many posts with pix of these, reports of acquisitions, evfn full-blown reviews, and they're also on LEGO Shop at Home. Call me crazy, but I'm beginning to suspect these just might not actually be an April Fool's Day prank after all.

:tongue:

I've updated my signature for the benefit of newcomers to the thread. I encourage others to do the same!

That's a really good idea, Blondie-Wan. Now we can make fun of the people who ask that instead of just being annoyed with them!

Well, it took some doing, but I finally found a Daisy to try this with:

Why in the world they didn't do that with the actual minifigure is beyond me :look:

It looks perfect!

Why in the world they didn't do that with the actual minifigure is beyond me :look:

It looks perfect!

Don’t reckon we will ever get an answer to that question. :shrug_confused: LEGO’s inscrutable machinations strike again. :laugh:

Well, it took some doing, but I finally found a Daisy to try this with:

That looks better then the black by far. Too bad it doesn't have the necklace print.

like you, i work that day as well, but im lucky and can start any time pretty much. so i will start 30 or 60mins later than normal and hit a store on the way in, with the aim of getting what i want and putting them on layaway. after seeing ursula, im getting two daisy's now :D

Have you tried going to a Target before May 1st? You can check their stock. I got all my figures last Sunday. :grin:

I've looked at the Targets around me. Nothing. They are the only ones strict about their street dates it seems... :(

Edit: That Ursula looks so much better than the original. I may have to do this.

Edited by Tech Artist