just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Stitch could have had a good few different possible accessories. He could have had a guitar, an Elvis CD, his baby bottle that he drinks coffee out of, Lilo's doll (although I imagine Lilo will have that in a future series), the Ugly Ducking book or just a little duckling to go beside him, his little blaster pistol, etc. I'm a little disappointed they didn't include the Ugly Duckling book, that would have fit nicely.

I think Stitch is open to variants in future series' though, so they might save some accessories for that. I wonder if we'll ever see him in variant costumes like these:

7bmQWfn.jpg

vusDOOB.jpg

No idea how they would give him the antennae or the two extra arms, though.

To be honest, I doubt we'll see more Stitch minifigures. Mickey and co. seem the most likely to make future appearances, but Stitch seems more like a one-off to me.

They have only 3 pieces. That never happened before in the CMF line

It happened with Maggie in both of the Simpsons series.

That makes sense. I just hate the way it looks. I mean, include a hat accessory or something to cover it. Bleh. They really dropped the ball with Mickey.

As noted, there's a good possibility of getting Mickey with a hat later on. Moreover, regular minifigures have had open stud heads for decades, and nobody complains about that. Minidoll hair has holes as well, as do Belville heads, etc. Even Hamm from the original Toy Story line has one, for his "evil Dr. Porkchop" hat. At some point one just has to accept a certain amount of LEGO-ness in LEGO. All of these head holes are both dwarfed and outnumbered by the holes in the backs of their legs, anyway; should these figures not have those, either?

For me, the biggest problem with Stitch and the Little Green Alien is the price per piece thing

They have only 3 pieces. That never happened before in the CMF line

Paying $4 for just 3 pieces is too much, especially considering that you pay the same for Maleficent, who has 9 pieces

Just a thought

Four parts rather than three, of course, including the 3x4 tile with four studs that serves as a base and which all the blind-bagged minifigures come with. I'm sure the fact there are so many new molds in this series - more than in any other except The Simpsons Series 1, where literally every character had at least one, plus the new dual-molded arms and legs (present here as well, of course) - affected how much of the production budget went to accessories (and speaking of which, Maggie Simpson was the first to be just four parts, since her actual figure was just two parts, plus accessory, plus base).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Stitch could have had a good few different possible accessories. He could have had a guitar, an Elvis CD, his baby bottle that he drinks coffee out of, Lilo's doll (although I imagine Lilo will have that in a future series), the Ugly Ducking book or just a little duckling to go beside him, his little blaster pistol, etc. I'm a little disappointed they didn't include the Ugly Duckling book, that would have fit nicely.

A lot of those would indeed be great. The blaster(s) would really make sense only for his "true" form, though (with antennae and four arms, plus spacesuit), and the Elvis "CD" (LP) would require separate licensing, which would be a lot of expense and hassle just to print a 2x2 tile, so probably both of those just weren't options (at least for this initial Stitch).

No idea how they would give him the antennae or the two extra arms, though.

Unfortunately they would probably both require additional molds. Presumably if they were planning on doing the more overtly alien-looking form later, they'd have put holes in the head so they could reuse that mold and still add antennae. If the existing figure doesn't have such holes in the head, I'd guess it means we're unlikely to get that version. But you never know - after all, they might want to give that Stitch a more fierce expression, which would mean resculpting the whole head anyway. The four arms might be a sticking point, though. They've made characters with additional arms on their torsos before, for themes from Space Police (III) to Star Wars to Ninjago, but those all involved a torso "extension" element that fit over a regular torso, increasing the height, whereas Stitch is not merely not taller than a regular adult person, but actually much shorter, so they surely wouldn't want to go that way. But they also would have trouble with putting additional arm holes below the existing ones in a torso mold - being so close to the existing hole might weaken the torso, and the lower arm pins would prevent one from fully inserting the leg pins into the torso, plus the arms would get in the way of each other.

Hmmm... perhaps a new "double arm" mold would work, with two arms sort of "branching" out from the same shoulder point?

As noted, there's a good possibility of getting Mickey with a hat later on. Moreover, regular minifigures have had open stud heads for decades, and nobody complains about that. Minidoll hair has holes as well, as do Belville heads, etc. Even Hamm from the original Toy Story line has one, for his "evil Dr. Porkchop" hat. At some point one just has to accept a certain amount of LEGO-ness in LEGO. All of these head holes are both dwarfed and outnumbered by the holes in the backs of their legs, anyway; should these figures not have those, either?

I guess this Mickey's hole could be there for future use but any future Mickey we get is going to probably one use for his hat as it wouldn't look right on this Mickey depending on what it is. Holes in the back of their legs are so they can be attached to things. Why doesn't Stitch have a hole? Wouldn't possible future iterations of him feature hair or something?

The Alien could have been given a pizza, as the Aliens were found on a Pizza Planet Truck in Toy Story 2 (Not the best accessory ever but better than nothing I suppose)

That is what I was thinking the 1st time I heard of him being in this except it was a Planet Pizza box tile. That would be a perfect accessory.

Edited by Tech Artist

The aliens in the movie don't really carry or have any accessories, though. They're small squeaky toys, so a pizza box would break the scale idea.

The aliens in the movie don't really carry or have any accessories, though. They're small squeaky toys, so a pizza box would break the scale idea.

Yea, that is true. I was just thinking some connection to the place they came from. For consistency though, you are right, they don't need anything but I think they need something.

Holes in the back of their legs are so they can be attached to things.

Well, obviously; that's exactly my point. Holes in the back of their legs are so they can be attached to things... just like holes in their heads are so they can be attached to things - like hats (or rather, so things like hats can be attached to them). That's what I meant when I said "At some point one just has to accept a certain amount of LEGO-ness in LEGO."

Why doesn't Stitch have a hole? Wouldn't possible future iterations of him feature hair or something?

Apparently not - at least, not using this mold. I just made a big post all about Stitch right after the one you're replying to (apologies for the double post, BTW; I hoped the forum would automatically join them into one, as it often does when one posts again right after a previous post, but I guess it took me too long to make my second for it to be able to do that). I would have thought they might want to give him not just one hole but multiple ones, for his antennae (and perhaps also hats, hairpieces, etc.). I'm guessing they probably just don't intend to revisit the character, though they certainly could. At any rate, though, Mickey is surely the #1 character they're likely to do multiple versions of across different series, and I'm sure being able to get as much use out of the head mold as possible will help with that. It not only wouldn't be cost-effective to do a whole other Mickey head mold that's mostly the same as this one, just to have one without a hole; it would be un-LEGO-like.

At any rate, though, Mickey is surely the #1 character they're likely to do multiple versions of across different series, and I'm sure being able to get as much use out of the head mold as possible will help with that. It not only wouldn't be cost-effective to do a whole other Mickey head mold that's mostly the same as this one, just to have one without a hole; it would be un-LEGO-like.

That makes sense. I'm just not liking the way it looks. It just looks so unclean for a molded head. I guess I'll have to see what they come up with later to see if it could be cleaned up with a hat.

That makes sense. I'm just not liking the way it looks. It just looks so unclean for a molded head. I guess I'll have to see what they come up with later to see if it could be cleaned up with a hat.

Could take some black clay and shove it in the hole if it bothers you.

I'm just not liking the way it looks. It just looks so unclean for a molded head.

My thoughts exactly. On a regular minifig head the hole is important and really good looking, but if you go the way and create an extra mold to make it look DIFFERENT from a regular head, I don't see why it needs an extra hole.

It's something that really bothers me about the new double ponytail hairpiece (zombie cheerleader, Harley Quinn), too. Can't help it and I get all your pros for that, but to me hairpieces should be closed. (Marge....aaarggh.)

Could take some black clay and shove it in the hole if it bothers you.

It's just not the same... And I am purist with my CMFs.

Sorry ;-)

Edited by KCMatze

Called a Target near me that seemed to have gotten a new box, so I called and they have the figures! Now.. being able to get there.. hmm...

Called a Target near me that seemed to have gotten a new box, so I called and they have the figures! Now.. being able to get there.. hmm...

What'd you ask them for them to look? Sometimes they have no idea what to look for when I ask.

The big question is, will they sell it to you? Most targets are strict on release dates, please report back on what happens.

What'd you ask them for them to look? Sometimes they have no idea what to look for when I ask.

Color and if they're Disney themed.

:laugh: Maybe this weekend I'll head down.. I just hope nobody takes them... check to see if the number goes up on Brickseek for the amount they have.

Someone got a full box and posted a nice unboxing review!

Edited by CM4Sci

Well, I got my hands on a few myself. Toys"R"Us' site had them up for a very short time... I was only able to order two orders of four before they sold out. Here's my pack opening video for it!

If you're a huge LEGO Toy Story fan like I am, I think you'll enjoy these comparison pictures I did with the old Buzz and new Buzz.

26124672050_7786702916_z.jpg

25794639463_c40d0f3c47_z.jpg

25794639393_58000fe940_z.jpg

25792555124_3e9187770e_z.jpg

26331193591_b25486bf88_z.jpg

Edited by just2good

I saw it on facebook,but cant find it now ... Does anyone know how many of each character per box ?

I saw it on facebook,but cant find it now ... Does anyone know how many of each character per box ?

It was also revealed a while ago in this thread. Four apiece of Mickey (naturally), Stitch, the Genie, Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, and the Pizza Planet Alien (also naturally), and three apiece of everyone else. A remarkably even distribution, actually.

(That's for a "regular-size" box of sixty, obviously. The proportions may be different for the smaller boxes or the 120-figure endcap units.)

just2good, thanks for the pix! It looks like I'll be combining the head from a 2010 Buzz with the remaining parts from one of these for an "ultimate" Buzz. I wonder whether they'll do Woody and / or Jessie in Series 2...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Someone got a full box and posted a nice unboxing review!

Her voice is so annoying omg

:sick::laugh:

They were on TRU? Would've liked to know that! This seems to happen a lot. :sad:

Whenever it's something on TRU, it's like on-for-fifteen-minutes and then gone. Sorry mate. :sad:

So I always gotta act quick, and/or it sells out and it's not worth a mention.

Edited by just2good

Her voice is so annoying omg

:sick::laugh:

I watched the first 10 seconds to see what you were talking about.

You are correct.

It was also revealed a while ago in this thread. Four apiece of Mickey (naturally), Stitch, the Genie, Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, and the Pizza Planet Alien (also naturally), and three apiece of everyone else. A remarkably even distribution, actually.

(That's for a "regular-size" box of sixty, obviously. The proportions may be different for the smaller boxes or the 120-figure endcap units.)

just2good, thanks for the pix! It looks like I'll be combining the head from a 2010 Buzz with the remaining parts from one of these for an "ultimate" Buzz. I wonder whether they'll do Woody and / or Jessie in Series 2...

Thanks ! :)

Whenever it's something on TRU, it's like on-for-fifteen-minutes and then gone. Sorry mate. :sad:

So I always gotta act quick, and/or it sells out and it's not worth a mention.

Notify the rest of us instantly so we get a chance too when Series 16 pops up. :thumbup::wink: