just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Yeah i already watched that ;-)

Is the helmet of Malifecent abs plastic or rubbery?

It's rubbery, but it's more hard compared with other rubber hairs

Edited by lluisgib

Aaagh, must not look at photos! Save some of the surprise for when I actually get these !

Aaagh, must not look at photos! Save some of the surprise for when I actually get these !

Hahaha what a smart decision :) These pics actually made me want to buy the animal couples, so I am glad I saw them!

Edited by Otherworld

It's rubbery, but it's more hard compared with other rubber hairs

I think with the eye of Sparkks (the monster of Jestro of Nexo Knights) you should make a nice demon with that helmet

With more pictures I become more convinced that I don't want to skip out on any...

When the official list came out I thought" I'll just get these three."

Then the first pics and I thought "I'll just get these seven."

Now with these pictures I really think I have to pick up all of them. Must...resist...urge...

Anyone else annoyed that Mr. Incredible's eyes have the correct color (blue) on the tile that comes with him, but not on his actual head? :facepalm:

Edit: Also, the genie looks pretty good without that piece that goes on top of its head. I might get one and leave it like that.

Edited by BrickHat

Thankyou for all the pictures of the parts .. glad to see I was wrong about the holes in Ursula's tentacles ^_^

The pictures have made me want to get a few of the figures I wasn't too bothered about !

They're not dents .. the initial pic that I found made them look like holes .. but in seeing the pictures from different angles we're now able to see that it's just the negative space between the tentacles .. so they are holes just not perfectly round ones .. not dents though .. I'm looking forward to this one now : )

Edited by Jarreth

They're not dents .. the initial pic that I found made them look like holes .. but in seeing the pictures from different angles we're now able to see that it's just the negative space between the tentacles .. so they are holes just not perfectly round ones .. not dents though .. I'm looking forward to this one now : )

Yea, if you look at this picture from Hispa, you can tell what we thought were holes are indeed the space between tentacles. This is such a relief. I'm still not happy about the matte finish but it is what it is. I am now once again looking forward to Ursula!

Edited by Tech Artist

I know. I was just saying they look like dents. Dips probably would have been a better descriptor. It would look better had they been more sculpted and gradual.

They still look like holes to me.

They sort of are and they sort of aren't. Basically the designer wanted it to look like the tentacles are separate, because they're supposed to be, but the bottom is solid. So dips were sculpted in to give the impression of separation. From the top it looks good, it captures the waviness. But from the front it looks like a hole, this is a result of the sharp edge around the circles. Instead the rim of the hole should have been eased back to soften the edge. All in all it's a mold that could have used a bit of refining.

But it's still decent.

Edited by strangely

I think I fixed Captain Hook and Syndrome. Also I know this is the wrong forum to ask in but can some one tell me how I am able to upload more than two or three photos at a time. Thanks.

post-155215-0-41023800-1460187919_thumb.jpeg

Just another quick question about Ursula .. she's my favourite minifigure from this series so .. it's not about the tentacles though, promise .. the black torso really bugs me .. is there a lavender torso that we could replace it with .. I'd risk either trying to make a new decal or paint the shell.

Edit : I'm wondering if her arms and head are lavender ( seems as though lavender bricks are a bit dark ) or is it light violet ?

Edit again : I've just realised the Grandma minifigure from series 11 has the same colour torso I'll try it when I get Ursula and see how much more I like it ^_^

Edited by Jarreth

I think I fixed Captain Hook and Syndrome. Also I know this is the wrong forum to ask in but can some one tell me how I am able to upload more than two or three photos at a time. Thanks.

Wow, that really does look significantly better to me. Those are definitely my least favorite faces, I guess it must have been the teeth.

Wait a minute... the oversaturated images had a blind bag picture with Donald on it. This new slew of images has Captain Hook on the bag instead. Which one is the correct design??

Yea, if you look at this picture from Hispa, you can tell what we thought were holes are indeed the space between tentacles. This is such a relief. I'm still not happy about the matte finish but it is what it is. I am now once again looking forward to Ursula!

It looks much better from that angle. I still think the torso should not have been black.