just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Ah okay. Thanks.

I haven't said much about this series, because I'm not as active on the forum as I used to be, but I absolutely love this series! My favourites would be Cheshire Cat, Minnie Mouse and Aladdin :wub:

On the other hand, my least favourites are Buzz, Ariel and Mr Incredible, however I still think they are pretty good.

I'm so excited to get my hands on these! :drool:

Is Maleficent's face glow in the dark? The promo pics make it look so.

It's the Hollywood starlet dress color printed to a black head, interesting choice.

Edited by amazingbricks

How else could they have made Mickey? He's just not meant to be a Lego minifigure, Lego did the best they could.

Honestly, they should have gone with his Disneyland design, since those are costumes so they're to scale with humans. That would look much better, also including more detail on the torso rather than just plain black.

Give me like 10 minutes, I'll put together what I think Mickey should have been. Short legs and all.

That's horrifying, oh my gosh :laugh:

But not as horrifying as my photoshop skills! :grin:

wYCnmfrg.png

I also wanna say, the head just bothers me. I think an open mouth would look better. The ears look too small and not 100% round but that's probably just the angle. It's still a good figure!!!

Edited by CM4Sci

I don't know if this has been pointed out but we are getting a new peice for Donald ducks hat it is not molded on I don't think

I don't know if this has been pointed out but we are getting a new peice for Donald ducks hat it is not molded on I don't think

It's been noticed and could be useful.

finally caught up with the thread. The Micky should have looked like CM4's, It would have been MUCH better.

Not really. His torso is way too much black and, as others suggested, they should've printed part of his pants onto them. Not a fan of the exp<b></b>ression they gave him on his face either.

Exactly the way to fix him.

If you look at this image:

Mickey_Mouse.png

His pants aren't around his waist anyhow. So printing like half and half would make sense.

Edit: Didn't see CM4's post. Good visual.

Edited by Tech Artist

Well.... that was fast o.O

10419530_1707193972890725_8802936363879052887_n.jpg?oh=1a6a3e54b9e239e86ca0e2a0774b2900&oe=577CABF9

Edited by Robert8

I was so confused on how he got the wallpaper so early but then I looked and it's not official ! Just.. homemade, the question marks aren't the same.

Looks like a cool frame.

I know some people want Mickey and company to have short legs... a part of me does too, but you have to consider that LEGO has thought this through a bit more than some of us... if they ever do a series 2 they can re-use the duck head and give us hughie dewey and louie and they would need to be smaller than the adults, using short legs for them. They can't pull that off very well if they use short legs on the adults.

I think there is a fair chance of this happening since we are getting a Ducktales reboot very soon.

The short Mickey looks fine, but I prefer the full-sized minifigure they created.

At least the full sized one can bend his legs.

The packaging looks great! And looking at the newest pictures, I also really like Peter Pan and Buzz now.

Hoping to get a review soon too, to see how many full sets we get per box... I have a feeling Mickey will be one of the most common ones.

Edited by telaruhn

Hey, does anyone know wher I can find the LegoShop list from a while back? It had the release date for this series on it, but also retiring dates and such for other sets, such as the modular over the next few years. Thanks, I looked everywhere through this thread, I could not find it.