just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Maybe for a Series 5 11th Doctor minifigure if they ever release a set based on The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang.

He has a fez in the 50th anniversary special too. He chucks it through that wibbly-wobbly time portal thingy.

He has a fez in the 50th anniversary special too. He chucks it through that wibbly-wobbly time portal thingy.

The Aladdin hair mould looks more like Matt Smith's hair during series 5 though.

This year Easter is March 27

That's way too early for this series to be out since the release date is either May or June

Pooh. I read that as March, not May. Guess they'll just have to go as stocking stuffers. Or maybe I'll find another excuse before that

What? No? What're you talking about

When this series started to be talked about some one said it might be the direct to consumer lego minifig series.

you said also on 2016 minecraft thread you posted a list of all the D2C sets that, one is a minifig series

Not that I didn't see it already but where did the image go from frontpage and first post?

Did TLG have it removed?

Not that I didn't see it already but where did the image go from frontpage and first post?

Did TLG have it removed?

According to an article I read on the The Brick Show today, Lego contacted Gizmodo when they put up the image and told them to remove it. Eurobricks might have gotten the same request. I fully expected this to happen.

Edited by Tech Artist

When this series started to be talked about some one said it might be the direct to consumer lego minifig series.

you said also on 2016 minecraft thread you posted a list of all the D2C sets that, one is a minifig series

The new D2C is apparently rumored to be based on a Minifigure series (like the Simpsons sets), it will not be a series of minifigures itself.

Eurobricks might have gotten the same request. I fully expected this to happen.

This is the case.

The new D2C is apparently rumored to be based on a Minifigure series (like the Simpsons sets), it will not be a series of minifigures itself.

This is the case.

If it bothers them that much, why don't LEGO release the image themselves?

Thanks so much for the image, CM4Sci, and thanks for scaling it up, deskp (your idea to print the Genie eyebrows on the bald cap and stretch the face a bit really improves the figure).

After seeing deskp's larger image, I like the series more.

I think my only complaint now, as Oky pointed out, is that Ursula uses a black torso. Unless the lavender torso is not currently in production (maybe used on Daisy, actually), I do not understand why the black torso was a good idea.

Favorites: Peter Pan, Aladdin, and Maleficent (minus the oversized collar, plus a modified staff and Tonto's raven for Diablo).

Maleficent!!! Thank you, Lego!!!

Don't complain to me about it. Lego clearly does not want upcoming products to be shown off months before their intended release date. To say friends, we comply and remove the images. Simple as that.

Maybe its all a massive conspiracy and they purposefully leak the images for a couple of days to test the market reaction and build the responses into their planning? Or maybe they just don't want people pre-judging their product months before its available as it destroys the hype and they feel they lose consumer interest. Maybe they just wanted to shut down the negativity for fear of it spreading to the kids... who knows, but we all got a sneak peak and hopefully eurobricks and co didn't get it in the neck too much.

Edited by BrickOn

It's not supposed to be out yet. Lego wants to release it on their timetable. This happens all the time in various industry's. Use to be a big thing with magazine scans in the gaming world and now it's leaked images and video. Halo and Destiny come to mind. Easier to remove it than risk ending a relationship with Lego.

SET, not Minifigure Series

I hope Stitch comes with an Ugly Duckling book :) the other figure I see myself getting is Maleficent, she looks great!

I'm not suprised they asked it

But I'm suprised it took them 3 days to do it. At this point, the pic has been shared in every social network

But, I mean, it's still in CM4Sci's profile pic.

You're gonna get everyone in trouble, CM :wink:

Haha true!

You better change that profile pic, CM4Sci! :wink:

Edited by Robert8

Oh, shoot, true. I did get in trouble for having some leaks as a profile pic before (Can't remember which it was)

Changing!!

Oh, they took it down?

That took a while. Darn. :laugh:

That's why I went ahead and copied it myself. I won't share it, because I don't want trouble with TLG, but I have it so I can intelligently discuss the minifigs.

Oh, shoot, true. I did get in trouble for having some leaks as a profile pic before (Can't remember which it was)

Changing!!

Oy, I was only joking! But yeah, better safe than sorry, I suppose.