just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Minifigure price guide posted this on facebook..

Forget it ,files too big , but look then up on facebook ,theres a pic ;)

Stich is my favorite one by far. Buzz's head is dissapointing, but since I missed out on the Toy Story sets I will be getting him as well as three of those Pizza Planet Aliens.

Edited by PickleManDan

Oh gosh ,looks like im a little late on the topic ,pics were already posted 2 pages back ..lol.. I really like ariel and ursela, although i may be partial cause my fav movie as a kid was little mermaid ;)

Maleficent: hard to pass up

Alice: I might get her, depending on how useful her parts are

Cheshire cat: nice, but I don't need to own it

Syndrome: yes!

Mr. Incredible: yes! With memorabilia!

Buzz: meh

Alien: meh (the movie isn't my favorite, so they're not hard ones to miss)

Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie: I think the proportions for all of these are actually quite good. I just don't want to buy them.

Hook: I will get it just for that hat (thanks for not molding the hat to the head, Lego!)

Peter Pan: meh

Aladdin: maybe for parts

Genie: probably not

Stitch: nah.

Ursula: great fig, but I don't like the movie, so...maybe?

Ariel: nah

Edited by rodiziorobs

This series is very disappointing to me as well. The utter lack of accessories makes no sense - The Simpsons series 1 had new moulds for every single character, but still managed accessories, albeit mostly in the form of prints. But at least that's something.

What's even more disappointing than the lack of accessories and the real killer for me is how little these really resemble their characters. Genie, who is an absolute favorite of mine as a film character, looks nothing like himself. He doesn't even look good as something else, just strange.

The only ones I really feel myself drawn towards here are Stitch and Maleficint. Cheshire Cat, Ursula, and a couple others look fine too, but I've never much cared for them.

The lack of accessories is a bit puzzling. There are two prints for the Incredi-folks, but that seems to be it. I mean, sure I want the fencing sword in gold, but that's not much. Someone mentioned bread for Aladdin, which would have been better than duplicating the exact same lamp. The lack of other characters as accessories is surprising, and I wonder what I means for characters like Pluto, Chip and Dale, Jiminy Cricket, etc. (Though I would love a Jiminy Cricket minifigure!) Then again, that didn't happen for the Simpsons until series 2. Isn't there already a Flounder mold from the DP line? How hard would that have been?

I disagree with you on the resemblance-factor, but to each their own. I also love the Genie, and I really like the figure. I dislike the gap present in the regular head + headpiece combo, but the face print looks so spot-on, personality-wise, that I can't help but like it. I could have definitely gotten behind a molded head, but I still like this a lot.

Oh, my bad! I guess I mistook the gap in the mustache for that. My opinion of this figure went up.

Same here! Actually not bad at all! I may have to rescind my earlier statement. He looks much better in the clearer picture.

Also, Syndrome has Clone Wars eyes.

To summarize: we will never be happy.

Yay! :laugh:

Edited by rob-ot5000

Awh, it's sad a lot of people didn't like these. Maybe I expected more from LEGO too, but still I will be getting all but the alien. I did expect better accessories though :/

I'm...pretty disappointed. Thought I wouldn't be able to pass up many of these but now it looks like I'm gonna be passing on quite a few...and really? Chesire Cat as a fig? That's a waste and is inaccurate. Most of them don't really even look good. Maybe it's just the picture quality but....idk. I'll have to mull these over.

You meant Sleeping Beauty, right?

Oh yes I did. My bad. Got the two mixed up for some reason

i will be buying them, but im underwhelmed. between the high standards of both lego and disney i expected a lot more. the mickey and minnie look like the ones from the duplo party train.

Not sure what to think of these figs. I've been waiting forever for a reveal and now we have this. Some figs are excellent, others not so much. Cheshire cat is good, but not sure that it is suited in a minifigure body form.. it looks a bit out of place in my opinion. Some figures were really not needed and a waste of space like buzz and the aliens. agree that Buzz looks awful in the lego head form. It's true that the classic Disney characters like Mickey and Donald look very strange when you put it next to the other characters. The best for me at this stage is probably Ursula. Overall I'm not as keen as I was.

I'm glad some of you like these!

Now, I hope you will buy like 25 copies of each character because I've been reading reactions on social media and this is not looking good

Edited by Robert8

Geez, so much hate. Can't help but feel bad for the designers.

Why?

It's not their fault. It wasn't their decision to make this series and they are restrained by the budget

We know they are great.... I mean compare the S6 Genie with the Disney Genie

51q5OtIXx-L._SY355_.jpg

The in-house Genie is like 10000000000000000000000 times better

The Disney Genie looks like something that came to suck your soul

Edited by Robert8

They have time to change these right if they think the initial reviews are truly bad enough?

Hahahahaha, nope. Remember, on NEOGaf the guy said they were filming a commercial. No way they're gonna change it now.

Guess I'll give my little review if any one cares:

-Maleficent: Looks pretty decent. Not a fan of the face they gave her. Hopefully she has an angry double sided face. Too bad no Raven

-Alice: Can't really tell what's going on with her skirt. Hate her eyes.

-Syndrome: Face is creepy. Do not like.

-Buzz Lightyear: What the hell did they do to his face? It was perfect before

-Donald: Not terrible, definitely the best of Mickey and friends

-Daisy: Ehh looks good enough

-Hook: Do not like the face. It doesn't look right

-Aladdin: Simple, but good.

-Stitch: Looks pretty good

-Ariel: Looks great, clam accessory is stupid though

-Ursula: Best of the lot.

-Genie: He's okay. I don't hate him but I just don't like him all that much either

-Peter Pan: Don't care for the character but he's good

-Mickey: Ew. Don't like his facial expression and he looks weird with the black bare chest. Somehow I'll be passing up the most iconic Disney character.

-Minnie: Better than Mickey, but again the head mold is a no from me.

-Alien: My favorite characters in Toy Story. Looks like they improved him with leg molding and he was already good before so that's good I guess

-Mr. Incredible: Pretty good, like the accessory

-Chesire Cat: Just no. If any one didn't deserve a fig it was him. Always hated his classic design any way. Tim Burton's is way better.

Overall: :thumbdown: Could've tried harder with better character choices, facial designs, and head molding. Also no Mulan so...automatic point deduction.

Edited by Ultron

And they produce these almost a year before the release date

The S14 minifigures were already produced on early January and the release date was September

I feel like Disney had a bigger say in which characters to make than LEGO did.

So many of these just don't translate very well into LEGO form, despite the character's popularity.

They have time to change these right if they think the initial reviews are truly bad enough?

I've never seen that happen before. It also does look like these designs are finalized.

I think the genie's two-part head doesn't work, like Maul's head or Black Panther's don't either.

I'm just going to go ahead and say that it happens so often that the first pics of something make most people think upcoming sets/figures are bad, and when they are finally released, people start to think they look much better than they did in the first pics. That having been said, I feel like I don't need most of these figures. I will be grabbing the ones from The Incredibles for sure, maybe the ones from Alice, and from there I'll see what my budget allows. Won't really feel like I'm missing out on much if I don't get most of these, though.

Edited by BrickHat