just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

hey, guys what do you think about Darkwing Duck and Ducktales minifigs? I think that that may happen in this series.. at least I'm hoping for that..

I dunno... Disney seems hesitant to include them in a lot of other toylines of theirs. I can only recall Disney Afternoon making it into their Vinylmation line years ago, and even then they were Limited Edition Disney Park exclusives...

Funko is not Disney-owned. They produce products based on hundreds, even thousands, of characters from various movies and TV shows, from all different companies such as DC Comics, Marvel Comics, HBO, Disney, DreamWorks, Fox, and many others.

On another note, I like the idea of Ducktales and the characters, but I feel we will be seeing mostly very popular characters, such as those known by all. Ducktales may be popular or nostalgic, but I hardly ink we'd see more than one character from the subtheme.

Pete is definitely not THAT famous to be included in this series....

I don't know if the image will appear, but is this Pete you're talking about ? In French, his name is Pat Hibulaire which is the namesake of patibulaire/sinister in English. Is this Pete/Pat Hibulaire you're talking about ? If it is, I'm totally agree Pete could come in series 2, he is the villain/hero Pete/Mickey, with a Fantasia Magic Mickey in Series 2, that would be great :)

From what I'm hearing, Mickey will indeed have a molded head. So any other character like Mickey, will have a molded head.

Edited by amazingbricks

Funko is not Disney-owned. They produce products based on hundreds, even thousands, of characters from various movies and TV shows, from all different companies such as DC Comics, Marvel Comics, HBO, Disney, DreamWorks, Fox, and many others.

On another note, I like the idea of Ducktales and the characters, but I feel we will be seeing mostly very popular characters, such as those known by all. Ducktales may be popular or nostalgic, but I hardly ink we'd see more than one character from the subtheme.

Thank you about Funko information. :)

Scrooge McDuck, Junior Woodchucks or Darkwing Duck, in Disney series 2, 3, 4, 5 ? meaning 2, 3, 4, 5 years ? Maybe possible as classics ?

From what I'm hearing, Mickey will indeed have a molded head. So any other character like Mickey, will have a molded head.

So I believe now that my idea is plausible: Minnie's head, if she's included (surely she will be!) will have a hole in it, using the same mold as Mickey's but with different printing. Such as Friends theme pets have a hole in their heads, this hole will allow her bow to be inserted in between her ears, much like the Friends theme pets.

Thank you about Funko information. :)

You're welcome.

Do you think that because we've seen fake Belle & Snow minidolls ? If the hairpieces are quite similar, I wonder how the concurrent may have the model ?

No, I say it because Snow White is the very first princess in Disney, she's a true classic. I have no doubt in my mind we will see her sooner or later... and if we don't, that would be super weird.

And Belle because they can probably re-use the new queen's dress piece for her yellow gown. However, I am not too sure about Belle in this first wave since we will probably see Ariel, Mulan or Jasmine as others have guessed. But there is already the dress piece for Belle and the legs for Beast.

Can we get another present for New Years? :D

Come on can you tell me if there are more Pixar characters in the series?

hey, guys what do you think about Darkwing Duck and Ducktales minifigs? I think that that may happen in this series.. at least I'm hoping for that..

I still think there is a chance we might get DuckTales minifigs when the new DuckTales show airs in 2017, but unless they reboot Darkwing as well, I don't think we'll ever see him (as much as I would love to have him too). If we do get a Scrooge McDuck fig at some point, my life will be complete. :purrr: Incidentally, I got the DVD of DuckTales The Movie for Christmas and just rewatched it today. So many good memories!

I would love some Ducktales minifigs.

I still think there is a chance we might get DuckTales minifigs when the new DuckTales show airs in 2017, but unless they reboot Darkwing as well, I don't think we'll ever see him (as much as I would love to have him too). If we do get a Scrooge McDuck fig at some point, my life will be complete. :purrr: Incidentally, I got the DVD of DuckTales The Movie for Christmas and just rewatched it today. So many good memories!

That's true, I forgot about the reboot. Though, even still, Disney seems to shy away from their TV shows/animation when they do sets like this.

Come on can you tell me if there are more Pixar characters in the series?

either Russell or Mr Fredrickson from UP would be amazing ...

That's the Pixar characters I want to really bad also I think boo would be cool

They seem possible, especially Mr. Fredrickson with a balloon or something, but not until later on in another series, such as 2, 3, or 4 if they get that far. They seem to be going for the most popular and Classic in this series, such as Simpsons did before branching off. Should there be a wishlist thread for these Minifigures?

Should there be a wishlist thread for these Minifigures?

It seems quite early for a wishlist thread when we don't yet have anything official on what's in this set. :wink:

It seems quite early for a wishlist thread when we don't yet have anything official on what's in this set. :wink:

I figured there's one for DC and Marvel, and we have no idea about some of those upcoming sets, so why not? It's fun and let's pepole express some of their Disney interests and favorites.

I've read somewhere that if ducktales gets popular enough, they will start doing both a Darkwing Duck and Kim Possible reboot. Btw, it will be CG animated.

They seem possible, especially Mr. Fredrickson with a balloon or something, but not until later on in another series, such as 2, 3, or 4 if they get that far. They seem to be going for the most popular and Classic in this series, such as Simpsons did before branching off. Should there be a wishlist thread for these Minifigures?

There already is a wishlist thread for this series.

I've read somewhere that if ducktales gets popular enough, they will start doing both a Darkwing Duck and Kim Possible reboot. Btw, it will be CG animated.

There already is a wishlist thread for this series.

I hope Donald has a larger role in this one. Fenton Crackshell sucked. I hope Mickey and Goofy guest star too.

But there is already the dress piece for Belle and the legs for Beast.

Very seriously hoping for these.

I dunno... Disney seems hesitant to include them in a lot of other toylines of theirs. I can only recall Disney Afternoon making it into their Vinylmation line years ago, and even then they were Limited Edition Disney Park exclusives...

That's true, I forgot about the reboot. Though, even still, Disney seems to shy away from their TV shows/animation when they do sets like this.

You know, you never know. While I don't expect Disney Afternoon characters getting the LEGO treatment, it wouldn't shock me if a few did. Disney originally gave up on releasing the shows on DVD about a decade ago and yet thanks to fan support, started releasing some of these shows again on DVD two years ago. Around 2010 there were new comics, of which there will be brand new ones again this year, and 2010 also had the Vinylmation releases. This last year multiple stores in the US started caring DuckTales, Gargoyles, Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin and Darkwing Duck T-Shirts. Further, there is the 2017 DuckTales reboot AND there is a good chance Darkwing Duck might be added at some point to the Disney Infinity game. There is at least a lot of support both from fans and some of the people working on the game for that to happen.

My point is, don't count these characters out just yet. ;)

Edited by milojthatch

This last year multiple stores in the US started caring DuckTales, Gargoyles, Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin and Darkwing Duck T-Shirts.

With the series 14 Gargoyle, I can imagine a Gargoyles character being a possibility. I can also see it not happening, since that series was so recent.

Could be cool to see it, though I don't expect it.

only thing if minnie has a hole between her ears for a bow, it wont look right, as her bows are always upright, not lying flat like the friends ones do.

For now, since Mickey&Friends is the origin of that franchise, we would have to see Mickey first and Scrooge's order may be similiar with Pete's. Especially the triplets would have conflicts with CMF series' diversity of individuals. (Marge's sisters managed to pass through, though).

I have just one question more, from what I read, Disney series is just Disney classic, not Star Wars, Marvel.... and I'm ok with that but do you think it's possible to have in series 2 or 3 or... some characters from Once Upon A Time (the series / tv show), which is a Disney tv show ? It's because it's a Disney tv show, that the darwes have their real names like in the Disney Animated movie (only Disney can use these names, they are copyright protected), there are many references to the classic animated movies, so what I mean it's some characters like Emma? Henry (+ a book OUAT)? or Rumple ? Could this happen ? :dwacko: Thank you :)

In earlier post I talked about having some TV show representives here. But the franchises would have to be more acceptable to kids as LEGO toys, like Gravity Fall, Phineas and Ferb. And since this drama series is big enough to pull out a regular theme, it's not a CMF series choice either.

Sorry to say I'm not too familiar with this franchise. I think it would count as a collaborative work rather than 3rd party licenses. A similiar case would be Kingdom Hearts.

As for Up, it wouldn't be impossible since the story just focus on these two and the won't need more slots in CMF series. But I do hope to see a LEGO Up house set achieved in Ideas instead. Remy+Linguini would be another ideal pair to me.

Generally in the Pixar category, I would understand why Incredibles is picked first cause it has the most human characters that cater to LEGO's major targeted kids. So the rest of Pixar franchises are not so certain. Most of them are possible considered as unattractive humanbeings by young boys.