just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

At first I thought it was a fake for sure, but I would be happy if there were extra minifigures, now which ones to add to my wishlist....

I'm still not sure it's not. One box has a backwards casted shadow. How weird is that? and it's not even consistent with the other box. If that's a retailer catalog, do they always give amateurs to design them?

If that's a retailer catalog, do they always give amateurs to design them?

No design hires have to be given some project to work on that doesn't matter much, don't they? :laugh:

I have good information from a reputable (private) source that there will indeed be 18 minifigures in this series. I don't want this topic to devolve into another 'real v fake' debate, so I can pretty much assure you that even if that picture is fake, it makes no difference.

Where is this picture from? It has a pretty dumb typo with "a patir."

It's genuine, pic is from me.

They was a lot of misspelling

I don't care too much about the number cause there are just too many Disney classic characters (of course, the more the better, it's still a good thing). Even if there are additional seats, some may still complain that their 19th favorite character isn't in this time. I'm rather curious if future CMF series also have more figures, too?

It's genuine, pic is from me.

They was a lot of misspelling

Same thing when I posted the Battle for Takodana picture, nobody believed it was real because of the bad rendering and typos.

Same thing when I posted the Battle for Takodana picture, nobody believed it was real because of the bad rendering and typos.

What Takodana pic? :look:

Wow, wonder when LEGO is going to run out of dream licenses to actually make!

Finally a (potentially) more thorough LEGO-isation of Disney! While the two extra figures are a bit inexplicable, I'll allow it if it means more Disney figures. Makes me wonder how they're going to compare to the previous Fabuland/DUPLO/Minidoll figures if they decide to do Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh or Princess. And while Marvel, Star Wars and even Muppets sound a bit too far away to be put in a "Disney" series, I have to wonder if PIXAR figures will go in, and what they'll do with characters already touched like those from Toy Story. But if it were to take a "Mickey and Friends" approach then here are my guesses...

1. Mickey Mouse with Pluto

2. Minnie Mouse

3. Donald Duck

4. Daisy Duck

5. Goofy

6. Pete

7. Huey

8. Dewey

9. Louie

10. Scrooge McDuck

11. Max Goof

12. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

13. Chip (Green Army Men deal)

14. Dale

15. Clarabelle Cow

16. Horace Horsecollar

17. Ludwig Von Drake

18. Roger Rabbit

What Takodana pic? :look:

Yeah, what do you mean with Takondo pic?

Why do a lot of people think we're getting Pluto? He would be a new mold and more than half if not all of the characters in the series will have a new piece. Pluto would definitely be in a second series.

Robert8 nicely started this wishlist topic back in October. All wishlists should go there, just so people don't get confused about what's confirmed information and what's pure speculation. Thanks.

PS don't forget that the series will include Pixar properties as well when crafting a wishlist :wink:

Wow! 18? why did they decide to raise the number of minifigures? Hope that doesn't effect the price on these.

It will be more expensive for collectors (including me), because they must pay more on two minifigure's prices.

It will be more expensive for collectors (including me), because they must pay more on two minifigure's prices.

Well, then just don't buy the extra two figures. :wink:

I do not mean to be rude, but I really do not understand why people complain about us getting more figures. Nobody is being forced to buy all of the figures. If one wants a complete collection, that is one's decision, but it would make little sense to buy a complete collection of something in which one doesn't like some of the figures. I say that being an actual CMF completitionist! I have collected all complete series except team GB, the Simpsons, and Mr. Gold, because I didn't feel those were worth my money. I love the variety of figures that I have in the complete series I have collected, but I have never felt forced to buy the complete series. I do that out of my love for minifigs. :classic:

This is also Disney mini figures the more the better I mean think about it two extra figures could mean the difference between your favorite Disney guy being included or not

Robert8 nicely started this wishlist topic back in October. All wishlists should go there, just so people don't get confused about what's confirmed information and what's pure speculation. Thanks.

PS don't forget that the series will include Pixar properties as well when crafting a wishlist :wink:

Is that true information? Because if so, I wonder how much of the classic Toy Story LEGO would be reused and also it'd be kinda neat to see new Toy Story LEGO. Maybe also some Monsters Inc. LEGO, as I see some PIXAR franchises would have trouble fitting into the minifigure type.

Plus they made Santas little helper for the Simpsons series. I see Pluto making an appearance...

Plus they made Santas little helper for the Simpsons series. I see Pluto making an appearance...

He could easily come with Mickey.

Except Santa's little helper came in Simpson's series 2. He was the only new mold with Maggie. I think that's going to be the case with pluto, he'll just come in a second Disney series.

Not so sure about that...as it is Disney. I mean...the biggest Company in entertainment. One mold more or less will not hurt them here I suppose. You can, of course, always be correct here.

Unless it's a puppy version, Pluto isn't gonna come with Mickey. That dog is like bigger than him.

Unless it's a puppy version, Pluto isn't gonna come with Mickey. That dog is like bigger than him.

With a dog like Scooby, he will be bigger than Mickey, but Pluto could have the same size as Santas little helper ? Mickey has large ears but short legs

Edited by notpennysboat

minifigs have been $5 here in new zealand for a while, so the disney ones will be $6 or $7NZD at a guess. i had already planned on buying a case of them, and still plan to so long as i can find one. im not concerned with who gets included, because i love everything disney so they really cant go wrong with this series, from my point of view.