Sign in to follow this  
Stauder

Off - Road Fire truck

indexed.gif V-LF-5D

Ok, so yesterday I set myself a challange, build 7942 the way it should have looked like. And this is what I came up with.

It's a modefied Humvee (Or supposed to be), Well... I'll let the pictures do the talking.

The Front, I like the winch, and the fact that there is no real roof. There would have been, but I only have 1 piece like the one used for the hood, so I went with this design. If I had made the hood simpler there would have been a roof, but I couldnt have because the hood hides something!

2083542492_60d13fd260_b.jpg

Ok, In this pic you can see there's some colour coordination lacking, that's because of a lack of parts, had I had that gray part in yellow I would have used it and I only have 2 doors in yellow. Also you see the hinge near the hood? That's there for a reason, no not a lack of parts. I'll get to that later.

2083542942_21dc10fc8f_b.jpg

Here we see the back, unloaded. Inside the crate are tools, there"s a foghorn and some compressed air tanks outside the crate. There's also a thingie that warns trafic about the viechle (The thing hanging out of the side)

2083543442_e8ae951091_b.jpg

Here I finally reveal why the inge was under the hood. The engine is held in there by gravity. Why? For easy removal of course!

2082759645_f4d0506e49_b.jpg

Final Picture showing how the figs are seated inside.

2082760115_7611c52daa_b.jpg

I guess some may compare it as a "6 wide" version of my little jeep (now looted for yellow parts)

2079511015_d335b722c3.jpg

Please Comment. (Yes Luxor I know the bricks are dusty :-P )

Stauder

Edited by Phred

(Yes Lunxor I know the bricks are dusty :-P )

Stauder

Oh, they're rightto be dusty, here: you're traveling through the fields ;-)

I really like this truck, and the thing I find most charming is the hinge to open the hood *wub* ; I was going to use a similar technique on a jeep recently, but it was too small for that |-/

And I *wub* the winch [i never came to have one :'-( . Things must change *sing* !]

You seem to be in a very buildy mood this days. Keep them coming *y*

LuxorV

A very nice work with lot of functional details, very good! *y*

But perhaps something in trans red instead these 1x1 round gray plates at the back

could serve better as brake lights.... :-)

(Yes Lunxor I know the bricks are dusty :-P )

Stauder

Oh, they're rightto be dusty, here: you're traveling through the fields ;-)

I really like this truck, and the thing I find most charming is the hinge to open the hood *wub* ; I was going to use a similar technique on a jeep recently, but it was too small for that |-/

And I *wub* the winch [i never came to have one :'-( . Things must change *sing* !]

You seem to be in a very buildy mood this days. Keep them coming *y*

LuxorV

Ohh.. Can we have pics of the jeep? Maybe we will find a way! X-D

Hey, the winch is till in production... But I dont think the grappling hook is tho :'-(

And yes I am building alot latley...

A very nice work with lot of functional details, very good! *y*

But perhaps something in trans red instead these 1x1 round gray plates at the back

could serve better as brake lights.... :-)

Hmmm Brake lights, Dont see why not. It has indicators so why not brake lights? *Searches for 1x1 trans red plates*

Stauder

I really like this Stauder. Although there's a few things I don't like as much.

The stickers on the door for one thing I think should come off, and I don't like the thing that sticks out in the back because it has a Police sticker on it.

Other than that, I love it *wub*