Sign in to follow this  
BrickCurve

Yahoo may be selling Flickr

Hey great, maybe I'll eventually be able to see photos on there without getting kicked to that that Panda page.

What's the bet Facebook will buy it.. Seem to buy everything else.

I hope not, if it does I am switching to- Brickshelf? There aren't many other option other than Flickr that ofer all the features it has, especially for Lego.

I hope not, if it does I am switching to- Brickshelf? There aren't many other option other than Flickr that ofer all the features it has, especially for Lego.

Tell me about it. It wouldn't Suprise me tho.

Whenever there is a rumored change of leadership, I think of Exodus 1: 8 "Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph". To put things in a nutshell, things pretty much got worse at that point.

I have a lot of photos on Flickr, a lot. I pay for the pro membership because tens of thousands of my photos are on there. Most of what has been uploaded is backed up on DVD somewhere, but still, it is the only place I can easily access the photos I am looking for. My fear would be a dramatic change in fee/membership structure, or I somehow my photo rights somehow change with a new agreement in place.

There aren't many other option other than Flickr that ofer all the features it has, especially for Lego.

Exactly. I guess the best we can hope for is Flickr coming out on the other side unscathed.

I am going to wait and see what happens. Just in case, is there a way to mass download all your photos from Flickr?

Just in case, is there a way to mass download all your photos from Flickr?

You can individually download, but mass downloads are a no-go. :sceptic:

What's the bet Facebook will buy it.. Seem to buy everything else.

I am going to wait and see what happens. Just in case, is there a way to mass download all your photos from Flickr?

Actually there is a way, there is a program called Bulkr which I used to download all my Flickr photos a couple of years back, the downside is that to download full size photos you have to pay for a "Pro" license. I did extensive research and at the time it seemed to be the only option. I might have a spare pro license kicking around somewhere, the licenses I bought had a download key for multiple computers, I will have to check. Edited by BrickCurve

It would be a real shame if the Flickr Lego community fell apart. It caused a renaissance in my skills as a builder.

I don't think i'd ever go back to Brickshelf or Mocpages. Maybe Deviantart or google+ ?

I don't think i'd ever go back to Brickshelf or Mocpages. Maybe Deviantart or google+ ?

I still use Brickshelf and MOCpages... ;) Actually my big thing with MOCs right now is putting them on Brickshelf then hard linking the photos here to Eurobricks. The people on here are very responsive! I notice that is what lot of Flickr users do to.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Bricksafe is miles better than Brickshelf in terms of stability. And there's no need for pre moderation - upload and share straight away!

Bricksafe is miles better than Brickshelf in terms of stability. And there's no need for pre moderation - upload and share straight away!

Yeah, I don't understand why people still use brickshelf. Bricksafe is much faster, there's no wait, and no ads.