Sign in to follow this  
Gideon

[DK Nocturnus Crusade] Changing Allegiance Again

This is my entry to the Desert King's Nocturnus Crusade mini-challenge

Changing Allegiance (again)

The notorious mercenary company "The Arkbri Falcons", under the command of Ediz Falconi, were fighting for the High Council during the Kaliphlin Civil War. They have however decided that at the moment joining the forces of the Desert King presents the most likely prospect for hoards of gold at a moderate risk.

Mounted on camels, the Arkbri Falcons are now following one of Kaliphlin's ancient paved roads on their way to Sultan's Gate. They will meet up with forces from all over Kaliphlin to support the Desert King in his crusade to return Nocturnus to it's rightful rulers.

26096952246_34f4122780_c.jpg

25518124154_9f11bee1b8_c.jpg

26030376282_cd12b01603_c.jpg

Falconi leading his troops.

This is absolutely awesome, Gideon! I love those cacti! And that receded path looks great!

The Arkbri Falcons, is it? No surprise they'd betray us! Oh, wait, who is it the're changing sides from this time? :tongue::laugh:

Great build as usual, Gideon, those cacti are always awesome, and the falcons are great as well! :wink: That's a lot of camels too! :grin:

Excellent build, Gideon! The brown carrot tops go well with the grass, and I like the path texturing as well :thumbup:

Excellent cacti as always Gideon! Quite a nice group of camels you've got there as well! :thumbup:

Great job, I particularly like the cacti and the path. Just a thought, It might look better on a irregular shaped base.

Wow, this is a great build, it depicts the scene perfectly! The cacti, dried desert plants, the desert slowly taking over the cobblestone road and of course, the mercenaries look very good. I also like how you made the pack camel. Is the guy in golden armor mercenary leader? If so, then maybe making him ride a dark tan camel (while the rest of them are riding tan camels) would make him stand out better as the leader. But it is already a great build as it is now, best of luck in the mini-challenge! (even though I don't support the Desert King :tongue: )

This is absolutely awesome, Gideon! I love those cacti! And that receded path looks great!

Yes, Gideon! Realize where true power lies in Kaliphin.

This is an awesome MOC!

Thanks!

The Arkbri Falcons, is it? No surprise they'd betray us! Oh, wait, who is it the're changing sides from this time? :tongue::laugh:

Great build as usual, Gideon, those cacti are always awesome, and the falcons are great as well! :wink: That's a lot of camels too! :grin:

Hard to keep up with the "turn-cloaking"? :wink:

It's not Ulandus their changing sides from at least!

That is a lot of camel! Glad to see a supporting entry for the DK from you.

Excellent build, Gideon! The brown carrot tops go well with the grass, and I like the path texturing as well :thumbup:

I love desert/eastern builds! And with falcon's shields! Awesome!!! Great work

What Lord Tulkas said! :classic:

Excellent cacti as always Gideon! Quite a nice group of camels you've got there as well! :thumbup:

The whole thing is amazing! That's a lot of camels!

Thanks! It was nice to get some use for all my tan camels for a change, I usually only use the dark tan ones since the rest of the builds tend to be more tan and I like to have some contrast between the figs etc and the surroundings.

Great job, I particularly like the cacti and the path. Just a thought, It might look better on a irregular shaped base.

Thank you! Yes, I would have preferred an irregular base too but the time constraints (I thought I had before Ska extended the challenge deadline) made it more reasonable to use eight 16x16 plates than dozens of smaller wedge plates etc...

This is a beautiful build... I love everything about it. :thumbup: Great job!

Lovely scene, great vegetation

Thank you very much!

Another great build Gideon! The cacti looks really good. Hope things go well for Falconi and his men :classic:

I have no idea what the Desert King has in mind, but one think he can be sure of is if he thinks of sending these on some low-reward but high-risk mission they will not stay loyal for long :wink:

Wow, this is a great build, it depicts the scene perfectly! The cacti, dried desert plants, the desert slowly taking over the cobblestone road and of course, the mercenaries look very good. I also like how you made the pack camel. Is the guy in golden armor mercenary leader? If so, then maybe making him ride a dark tan camel (while the rest of them are riding tan camels) would make him stand out better as the leader. But it is already a great build as it is now, best of luck in the mini-challenge! (even though I don't support the Desert King :tongue: )

Thank you! Yes, I tried to make his camel stand out a bit more but those attempts did not turn out well enough. So he had to contend with a slightly different colored saddle :classic:

As I wrote above, I stayed away from dk tan camels because I prefer to have some contrast between them and the ground.

A well-designed MOC. I love your cacti ... you seem to have the right parts in the right colour!

(is there a certain set that I have overlooked?)

A formidable group of warriors, whatever side they're on :laugh: Sweet desert landscape, the dark tan ground with olive green cacti looks great :thumbup:

No need to comment for your mocs.. But pristine photography :wub: :wub:

Lovely!

The darker colours on the ground and the minifigs together with the black background gives the whole build a sort of gritty and foreboding feeling. Perfect for the events that are to come! :thumbup:

I'm intrigued to find out whether falcons and bears will go together nicely...:wink:

A well-designed MOC. I love your cacti ... you seem to have the right parts in the right colour!

(is there a certain set that I have overlooked?)

Thanks! I have no idea where the parts are from, most likely BL and/or LUGBULK.

What a great scene! I love the cacti.

Awesome scene man as usual.

A formidable group of warriors, whatever side they're on :laugh: Sweet desert landscape, the dark tan ground with olive green cacti looks great :thumbup:

No need to comment for your mocs.. But pristine photography :wub: :wub:

Thank you! :classic:

Lovely!

The darker colours on the ground and the minifigs together with the black background gives the whole build a sort of gritty and foreboding feeling. Perfect for the events that are to come! :thumbup:

I'm intrigued to find out whether falcons and bears will go together nicely... :wink:

Thanks!

I'm not sure that the falcons ever trust anyone, but they can be fiercely loyal to someone as long as their interests are the same :wink:

(And I've been able to feel out a few of those bear knights so I can represent some of your soldiers if we do something collaborative during the crusade. I assume you have a few of those neo-falcon shields as well.)

The Nocturnus Resistance is pleased it can rely on such fine warriors to support it in the struggle against Raavage and the Black Spire.

Gideon, you are the master of these outdoor desert scenes. The path, cacti and scrub vegetation adds just the right amount of color and detail here. As always, I absolutely admire your photography here.

As always, just brilliant!! Love the ground and the details in it!

Are the Arkbri falcons loyal to barqa or loyal to Barqas money?:)