March 616

"Hoooray!!"

Bells are ringing and the citizens of Stedor are running towards the quays. Cheering and chanting for the proof of the power of Stedor. A 55-gun 3rd rate ship of the line. At this moment the most powerfull ship ever seen in Halos and the first ship that will be granted a class 5+ classification!

Sure there will follow other ships, probably even bigger, but this vessel is the first and will become legendary for ever.

The "Margot", named after the fiancee of Governor Maximilian Damaximus and treasured like the girl herself. Admiral Bostoximus will command the ship.

A bright and gloryful future is laying ahead!

26050503751_1bdc37eb40_c.jpg

Side with open gunports:

25514226293_ca9985b133_c.jpg

25844006600_1b4104d2d3_c.jpg

25844000150_36d1f90c14_c.jpg

26050492151_46b8dae53d_c.jpg

Side with closed gunports:

26116835275_cf045f9e95_c.jpg

26116834185_69108cf824_c.jpg

26050486921_89d68c4cae_c.jpg

Admiral Bostoximus:

25512078964_7e0129958b_c.jpg

General Whisximus:

25844003590_cfc072657a_c.jpg

Governor Damaximus & Princess Margot (and also King Fernando Augusto VII)

25514222903_1e3c793ed7_c.jpg

Some stuff can be removed easily to have access to the cabins:

25512063904_ff5e40ab5e_c.jpg

Captain's Cabin:

26024299852_7853a2667a_c.jpg

Even a whole part of the side can be removed:

26050485291_148222974d_c.jpg

25843989660_5f4f1ab877_c.jpg

26116826155_9cd01b5671_c.jpg

Looks like someone is already partying too hard :pir-grin:

26024298442_8bb4988d62_c.jpg

------------------ Aftermath ----------------------------

Yes, I did it!!!! 4 months work in it. The last 2 days were nothing but rigging for me...

But I am soooooo happy with the result (my fiancee Margot after whom I named the vessel as well). So proud!

Thanks a lot to Captain Green Hair and Sebeus I for the help and feedback!

Comments & criticism welcome! Praise is ofcourse welcome!

And to all (potential) enemies of Eslandola: why don't you give your ships already now? It would be a shame to see them lost in a battle due the difference in gun strenght (she should have a 13 gun rating based on the 55 guns she actually can carry).

Margot is eeerrrrrm one eeeeeerrrmmm big boned lady pirate_wink.gif

That`s a mighty fine ship of the line you build there matey, looking forward to see it for real, real soon

This is a massive ship and the first of your fleet that I really admire. Well done Sir, hope she'll be save in those dangerous waters of BoBs!

Very nice and very large ship Maxim, the colors are excellent, and those guns will surely pack quite a punch! The detailing on the stern is probably my favorite part, but the section under the bowsprit is superb as well! pirate_satisfied.gif

A few pieces of advice would be to make the ship either a bit wider or lower in the water - I can't say that she would actually have any problems in a high sea as my knowledge on the subject is too limited for that, but I do think it would look better like that pirate_wink.gif Do learn from my mistakes and don't make it over 18 studs wide though! The second row of gunports would also look better (IMHO pirate_laugh2.gif) if it was a bit longer than the first, instead of being so nearly exactly the same! And are you ever going to unfurl those sails? I would love to see it with them all out if you could! pirate_satisfied.gif

Excellent job here anyhow, though, and congrats on beating me to posting the first ship over class 5! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gif

Excellent ship Maxim! She's a beauty! :pir-wub:

That colorscheme is lovely - particularly all the dark red and gold. The hull looks good - a bit tall perhaps but otherwise very nicely shaped (although she almost appears too short in length - perhaps a function of height more than anything). The cabin is fabulous and manages to look well balanced despite being so large. I like the CMF figurehead and lovely custom rigging, and she's definitely well-armed. I'm not too fond of the anchor - the concept is nice but the shape doesn't quite do it for me. The accessible parts are nice. Overall she's a magnificent ship. :thumbup:

And to all (potential) enemies of Eslandola: why don't you give your ships already now? It would be a shame to see them lost in a battle due the difference in gun strenght (she should have a 13 gun rating based on the 55 guns she actually can carry).

Be careful what you wish for... :pir-wink:

Excellent work. Keep it up. :classic:

This is a very fine accomplishment Maxim. I'm still in the initial Bricklinking (yes, it can be verb) stages of my two decker. Give me 6 month and you'll have a proper dance partner. :devil_laugh:

It will likely take that long to save up the license fee anyway.

What a massive and beautiful ship! The colour scheme is different from the usually white/black or yellow/black, but it works really well and makes the ship distinctive!

Amazing! I'm glad you can show off the interior as well. But overall, truly amazing work. I'm glad she's on our side!

I sure wouldn't want to meet this beauty if I were a pirate on the high seas! Great work Maxim, looks very formidable and the colors suit it well! Nice job on the rigging too! :thumbup:

Awesome! Although don't get to cocky, who knows where Hurricane Helga will strike next!!!! But for real, I am proud of you man! Great work here, this is one of my favorite builds you have ever done, and it really ups the ante for the whole project!

The "Margot" Class Ship is definitely a beauty.

But... I hate to break it to you, but every navy has 1st rates back in Halos! This is the first SOTL in New Terra though! Even Mardier has not sent one out there yet!

Awesome! Although don't get to cocky, who knows where Hurricane Helga will strike next!!!! But for real, I am proud of you man! Great work here, this is one of my favorite builds you have ever done, and it really ups the ante for the whole project!

The "Margot" Class Ship is definitely a beauty.

But... I hate to break it to you, but every navy has 1st rates back in Halos! This is the first SOTL in New Terra though! Even Mardier has not sent one out there yet!

Don"t worry Ska, MAESTRO has more ships of this size (just maybe not this well armed) coming:P

Great work Maxim! Really liking how you managed to do the sides with all those plates, adds another layer of great detail to the ship. The lower gundeck seems to be a bit cramped though...:D The rigging is absolutely fantastic, I"m already fearing it! However, I think your first steering wheel was better than this single, small one.

Kudos on a very cool ship, and congrats to having launched the first SotL in the waters of New Terra pir_laugh2.gifthumbup.gif

She's on the top end of number of guns on a prefabs-only hull that still looks harmonious. And I really dig her colors, the dark red along with the tan broadsides, highlighted by golden parts - beautiful!

Not a fan of the red fences for side gallery windows, but that's just a matter of taste.

Great job rigging that pretty lady thumbup.gif

Just, you could have added a spanker (sail) to the mizzen mast. Or is there one meant to be attached to that boom? If not, that 'useless arm' is quite an homage to every official Lego ship ever made thumbup.gif

Four months that were worth the time spent!

I hope hurricane Helga or her offspring fear her! default_devg1.gifthumbup.gif

It's been nice to see this coming together and the final result is lovely :classic:

I hope I get to see it live at some exhibition in the future...?

A truly impressive lady Sir! Congrats on being the first ship of the line here, and such a great first she is too! The colour scheme is superb and her gun decks are very impressive. The way you can access the interior is inspired!

Wow...just wow! I am stunned by this build. Brilliant.

But, putting my patriotic Corrington hat on; to crew this ship you need about 400 minifigs, so I reckon you can't put to sea until you've got them!

Great job. Congrats on the first SOTL. Appreciate your effort on the rigging and putting in those ratlines. You have raised the bar and the crew's bar bill is going to be expensive. :classic: