Midlife-crisis

[BL] Gold 1 - Rebel Snowspeeder 10129

Good evening,

when bricklinking the rebel snowspeeder in 2016 you come across with ridiculous part prices for the canopy and the orange parts.

I finished it a few weeks ago white - old gray - old dark gray - yellow and a mild colour mix with light bluish gray especially for the technic pin connectors.

ss1bwr0v.jpg

ss2mcr7g.jpg

Different to TLG Model is also a 360degree display stand which allows to show it different angles and different angles of inclination

For the canopy i used light-blue glasses all over, yesterday i ordered some different trans black parts for the front.

From what i see the best substitution for the windshield is part:

72475 Windscreen 3 x 4 x 4 Inverted 72475.jpg?1

this is imho the only canopy in form and dimension which would and be a good substitute.

But what about the roof hinge, so far i use a white one, it could be decorated with "trans-black tiles 1x2" or and this is what i decided, i use 2x tile hinge part:

30350c Tile, Modified 2 x 3 with 2 Clips in trans-black colour 30350c.jpg

I´m open for any recommendations.

Nice! Can't wait to see it with the canopy finished. It's a shame the orange parts are so expensive.

Hi Midlife-crisis,

I did the same thing last year - initially I swapped the hard to get canopy parts for the trans-blue and white options, but then decided it looked pants and swapped for a revised build - see this link below.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112347&hl=10129

I went for the two trans-black clips - works well imo.

img_0073-s.jpg

Cjd223 did the swap with the 72475 but after trying it I went for a different combo, and added some flat tiles to smooth it all out a bit.

Be good to see yours once your windscreen pieces arrives. That stand looks good - could you share a shot of just the stand?

got the parts today, nearly finished. Had to rebuild the whole front section a bit. The roof is one stud shorter now, and the windowfront is 2 studs wider on the base.

All i need now are 8x part 3023 in trans black to close the remaining space.

for the meanwhile i´m really satisfied with the result, i think its close to the original when considering the different part size.

ssmodxpsln.jpg

this could be an alternative mod with 2white and 8 trans black 1x1 slopes. But for me i stick to the first version.

altvjjzu.jpg

Nice, I always wanted to bricklink this and use those windscreens. Do you have an image of the entire model with the new parts?

Looking good, man. Are you going to pair this up with the supposed new UCS snowspeeder? It would be interesting to see the the comparison.

Looks good.

I was going to do this, but, ran into a good deal on for a real one.

This was what i was going to do. I had a LDD file for it too.

Jamie

Hi Midlife-crisis,

I did the same thing last year - initially I swapped the hard to get canopy parts for the trans-blue and white options, but then decided it looked pants and swapped for a revised build - see this link below.

http://www.eurobrick...112347&hl=10129

I went for the two trans-black clips - works well imo.

Cjd223 did the swap with the 72475 but after trying it I went for a different combo, and added some flat tiles to smooth it all out a bit.

BTW, the LDD picture in your Link from Cjd223 looks nice but its impossible to align the Parts with real Lego. At least with "legal" connections. (Edit: oh i didn´t noticed the changed height of the cabin - y it´s possible like this.)

Sure, will make more pictures when the windscreen is totally finished.

No Idea if a buy a new UCS one? How sure is a rerelease?

Edited by Midlife-crisis

Good evening,

too dark right now, and my photo skills are limited, will try to make a nice picture in the daylight.

The Front window is finished :)

finished1spsrk.jpg

finished205sw7.jpg

Got some parts yesterday - and changed a few remaining dark bluish grey parts to dark gray.

Still waiting for the stickers, but as it is a beautiful day i made some pictures in the sunlight.

cimg2495kdfm1.jpg

cimg2496tncvb.jpg