Hi there, inhabitants of New Terra,

pretty late, but here goes, presenting my first FB this month:

The 'Royal Shipyards' in Breshaun

With the ever growing demand for new ships in the waters of New Terra the naval yards in mainland Oleon alone cannot keep up.

So some time ago already the 'Office Royal de la Marine' had decided to set up a branch of the 'Royal Shipyards' in the city of Breshaun, providing high-quality shipbuilding and ship maintenance expertise on-site. The compound is flourishing. It's constantly growing in size, and new buildings and installations are being added regularly, obvious proof of Oleon's expanding presence on the waves, as well as Breshaun's increasing importance for the Empire.

Last month I presented a small peripheral facility to you, this time we're visiting the entrance of the 'Royal Shipyards' main compound situated directly at the mouth of Breshaun's harbor.

25489514513_ee3f5af738_c.jpg

26066173966_c4345511b8_c.jpg

25999590742_86caa37287_c.jpg

about: Not much to say about it, could have been larger, but this month was pretty crowded. All is buildable, I'm kind of cool with the way the gate's arch turned out, the rest is rather regular business.

The 'Crown-Wheel-Anchor'TM is the registered emblem of the 'Royal Shipyards' :pir-wink:

The architectural style is influenced by buildings I saw in Rochefort, France. It was a fun build, experienting with two colored walls and a SNOTed ceiling, but making the rider hold that letter was a real annoying job :wall:

More of this shipyard is likely to follow.

Thanks for watching,

C&C as always very welcome!

Vive le Roi!

Ooh! So much to like here! I absolutely LOVE the archway! Also, the wrought iron fence, and the interior furniture and drapes. Superb!

Very nice. I like the idea of building a shipyard in sections - there are so many facilities that a full layout would be gigantic and difficult to design/build and photograph/render. This is a great entrance - I like the architecture and you've detailed everything nicely. The vessel under construction is a good feature and that interior is lovely. Good work and keep it up. :classic:

I love that arch! So fantastic! Is it just wedge plates and hinge bricks? Is it possible IRL? I might have to try it, if you don't mind!

Those curtains on the interior are very nice too. Great build.

:thumbup:

Great looking build, KB. It leaves one wanting for more!

The details inside and out are really nice. I particularly like the building (and would love to see a full building in this style) and the gate/fence. That arc with the trademark logo is great, as is your interior.

I am not entirely convinced by the ship-building part, though. It seems to me odd that they should strike up a ship so near the building, and it seems rather flimsy. I think something easier to show at small scale would be better.

In any case, great build! I will be looking forward for more of this shipyard!

Very nice build overall, and I love that arch! :classic:

Can't wait to see more sections!

Excellent as always KB!! Give us moar!!! The building inside the yard is absolutely fantastic and full of Oleander architectural details!

I'm running out of ways to praise your builds. Another astonishing job. You made a wonderful building that really captures the style of French architecture from that period (though the interior looks a little too ornate for being so close to the shipyard, can't imagine Oleon's elite would enjoy all the noisepirate_laugh2.gif). The gate and fence are really well done, too. You really combined functionality with ornate which is an excellent representation of Oleon's style (at least in my opinion).

Lots to discover and even more to like in this build - amazing work.

My favourite part is definitely the architecture, both the archway as well as the facade of the house are excellent!

Thank you very much for your comments, glad you like it. Makes me want to build some additions right away.

I like the idea of building a shipyard in sections - there are so many facilities that a full layout would be gigantic and difficult to design/build and photograph/render.

CD! You should know better, as you've proven with your fantastic gigantomaniac shipyard :pir-wub: But, yeah, rendering really large facilities (30000+ parts) is an issue :ugh:

I love that arch! So fantastic! Is it just wedge plates and hinge bricks? Is it possible IRL? I might have to try it, if you don't mind!

The arch is 3x2 wedge plates and 3x2 wedges only (the keystone is 'decorated' with 4x2 wedge plates to appear larger), held only by gravity. It's all tight, without gaps. When you look closely, the arch cannot 'escape' to the sides, and the keystone prevents it all from collapsing. By my understanding it should be buildable. But it's only meant to withstand simple gravity. It's not (inner) child proof :grin:

I am not entirely convinced by the ship-building part, though. It seems to me odd that they should strike up a ship so near the building, and it seems rather flimsy. I think something easier to show at small scale would be better.

Well, I'm not so sure about the ship either. But I wanted to present something larger than a rowboat on that 32x32 base. Think of the river being very close, so it'll just need a 'kick' to be launched :grin:

You made a wonderful building that really captures the style of French architecture from that period (though the interior looks a little too ornate for being so close to the shipyard, can't imagine Oleon's elite would enjoy all the noise :pir-grin:).

Haha, well, maybe the elite will have to use earplugs. With that office I kind of got a little carried away... But being intendant of the Royal Shipyard is probably a prestigeous position to have, so it might feature some fancy office

I admit the first thing that caught my eye here was not the ship yard itself, but the wonderfully ornate furniture and curtains in the building. Another superb build Sir, great job!

You have successfully made me feel like a monkey with bricks in his pen. Holy <insert vulgar word of your choosing here>!!!!! That is so beautiful I think I am going to cry.

Beautiful build KB, that arch and emblem are superb, and the house - especially that interior! :pir-wub: - is excellent too! Great job depicting the activity of the shipyard, and the crane and ship skeleton look good to me! pirate_satisfied.gif

...The arch is 3x2 wedge plates and 3x2 wedges only (the keystone is 'decorated' with 4x2 wedge plates to appear larger), held only by gravity. It's all tight, without gaps. When you look closely, the arch cannot 'escape' to the sides, and the keystone prevents it all from collapsing. By my understanding it should be buildable. But it's only meant to withstand simple gravity. It's not (inner) child proof :grin: ...

As withstanding gravity (connectionless techniques) is generally a pretty large feature of my builds, this is right up my alley... I'll keep it on the ideas list for the next build I do that it might fit in!

That house looks cool and the interior is looking great. Plus I really like the way the arch is constructed with a proper keystone.

Maybe I'm being a bit of a jerk pointing this out, but this seeems to be a very fine building on a rather nice lot on what I can only assume is a plesent residential street of the highest class. Though the build is impressive, I wonder what having a ship yard in the vacant lot next door has done to property values; and what must the neighbors think? Well. I suppouse if it's all for the glory of the empire they can endure a bit of construction noise...

Great designe all around. I want to steal the design for theat chair in the first floor office now.

Thanks guys, much appreciated :pir-blush:

Maybe I'm being a bit of a jerk pointing this out, but this seeems to be a very fine building on a rather nice lot on what I can only assume is a plesent residential street of the highest class. Though the build is impressive, I wonder what having a ship yard in the vacant lot next door has done to property values; and what must the neighbors think? Well. I suppouse if it's all for the glory of the empire they can endure a bit of construction noise...

Great designe all around. I want to steal the design for theat chair in the first floor office now.

That's how we roll in Oleon *smileywithshades*

But for real, the 'Corderie Royale' in Rochefort sort of looks like that (well, that's been the inspiration). And that's just the place to make ropes :pir-wink:

37344386666_7e445ef96e_z.jpg

Monsieur Roseabeau, your royal patent of nobility has arrived!

Hmm... Hmm...

Monsieur!

Hmm... My what now, Frederick?

Your patent of nobility, Monsieur. You have been knighted in the name of His Majesty, remember? You are a noble Knight of the Realm now.

Does it come with a Lego-Store coupon?

I'm not sure I understand, Monsieur.

Never mind, never mind... Has the Eltina timber convoy arrived yet?

But... Monsieur! Becoming a Knight of the Realm is an outstanding honor!

Hmm... Hmm... Please inform me as soon as that convoy arrives – we are in desperate need of timber! How am I supposed to run this arsenal here without a working timber supply?! Foolish Eltinians never get anything done reliably... Oh, and well, put that patent on the pile of letters over there, I've got work to do now.

Speaking of arrivals, Monsieur, le Monarque will arrive in Breshaun tomorrow.

What now? His Majesty is taking yet another tour des colonies? Or does he want to make sure his nobility patents are handled 'honorably'?

Monsieur, I'm afraid you are mistaken. It's His Majesty's ship-of-the-line le Monarque, not His Majesty himself. Remember, commodore d'Alban is scheduled to meet with you for the presentation of...

Yes, yes, of course, that had slipped my mind. Hmm... means I'll be sitting over these plans for a while longer then. And one last thing, Frederick... for the 928th time... please stop addressing me as Monsieur – we aren't in Granoleon here.

Bien sûr, Monsieur le Chevalier!

This is just a small scene to introduce my new sigfig Corentin Roseabeau, royal naval engineer, architect, and supervisor of the 'Arsenal Royal de la Marine' in Breshaun.

More to come soon :wink:

KB has returned! 

:excited:

Well, in body, at least - sounds like Monsieur Roseabeau's mind is still... elsewhere :grin: :laugh:  That interior scene is still great, and congrats on the knighthood!  Also, great to see another one of those few sig-figs in BOBs that I can build (in yellow, of course!) :pir-grin: :pir_laugh2:

A very nicely built shipyard, with lot of details, and I've noticed some interesting techniques here, for example the ship rib, the arch and the roof.

Congratz on the knighthood! 

Neat scene, especially thumbs up for the guy doing the windows! :wink: 

Congratulations for being a knight!