Yep, that's new. Surprised nobody has noticed before. I wonder why they removed the reverser switch. Maybe it simplifies production?

By the way, can you post more pictures of the new switches by themselves, especially the bottom, so we can look at date codes?

I'm just surprised Lego did not announce this in any way, like they did with the linear actuator.

Edited by Saberwing40k

I was tempted to say those were fake as I've seen many china-made replicas. Do they have the lego logo on them? and, did u buy them from a reputable source?

This is terrible news.

When the switch was created, I insisted they put the reverser in so that they could be used in control panels e.g. for railway points, so that "down" would always mean the point was switched to the curved track.

This is an essential feature for LEGO train enthusiasts.

The reason for the change is just cost-cutting - removing features and keeping the same price.

It means there will be no reversing facility on the PF2 switch because the change has been made before PF2 has been rolled out to the domestic market.

This is one for the ambassadors. I have passed it on and also posted in the LEGO Train Fan Club on Facebook.

Could someone reply to the post on Techlug - in French? They should also get their ambassador to raise the issue.

Mark

Edited by Mark Bellis

Hi.

I bought a Power Functions 8293 set today, in a Toys R Us here in Portugal. It's the box with the Medium Motor, the Switch, the Battery Pack, the Lights and some gears and axles.

The switch doesn't have the reverser switch.

But the images printed on the set's box still show a switch with the reverser.

But the images printed on the set's box still show a switch with the reverser.

sounds like good grounds to return it if you want to. Sad news for future though.

Same here, purchased a new PF 8293 2 weeks ago and it came without the reverser switch :(

Just tried to stock up these switches at my local Lego store in Newcastle.

No luck only the the new type on sale !

Edited by Doug72

Bummer. Guess we'll have to mount the switch around 180 degrees if we have to emulate the reverser. Or open up the switch and resolder the C1 and C2 wires after switching them around.